Barksdale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barksdale Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2018

2.2

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interviews, personality test, on site interview

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barksdale (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

My previous experience with Barksdale was very dysfunctional. I had previously turned down an opportunity to interview with them. After about 4 months, they contacted me again. Then, I agreed to interview with them the next time they were in town. At the time, I was not looking for another opportunity and was very happy where I was. They had assured me that things had changed over the past few years and they were a different company. They painted a very pretty picture of the company in the interview in Texas and in California. They had assured me that the paper/computer work load was minimal. Which I found to be the opposite of the level stated during the interview process. As for the interview, they base their procedure on a book called Topgrading by Brad Smart. Their procedure is to have one field interview and one interview at the manufacturing plant. It was a panel interview with most of the senior management in the conference room. They also conducted a background check, drug screen and physical. It was straight forward and easy.

Negotiation

I did not reveal my pay history, I gave them a range. Of course my low was their high. We settled somewhere in between.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barksdale (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

2 interviews , one with the hiring manager and one with the panel. They ask several questions but nothing related to the job. They don't want to pay enough so their offers are really low.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barksdale (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy straight forward back and forth emails and phone interviews and an online assessment. They also ask for 3 references of prior supervisors prior to even making an offer which i found backwards because as job seeker, you really don't want to bother your references every time you apply to a job.
    All in all, the whole process felt very sketchy. You should definitely read the reviews to get a sense for the type of company this is, cause it paints a picture of the company and the culture in it, and it isn't pretty. There is a reason why they have had jobs posted for months...
    From start to finish, the supposedly rigid hiring process felt off, informal, and not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about your background? Biggest accomplishments, etc..   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barksdale (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a call back for an on campus interview. It was a group interview where another student and I were asked the same interview questions and we took turn answering them. I didn't get contacted after the first interview

Interview Questions

• give me a time when you experienced a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • what was a change you made that helped cut costs   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barksdale (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

2 hour interview with 3 other staff members. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and talked about my experiences in my resume in very great detail. Even went as far as asking what tolerances or mesh I used when designing components years ago. Also asked a lot of “from 1 -10, what would you rate yourself in solideorks,managing stress, project management,etc.”

Interview Questions

• What would you say is the most challenging thing you’ve done and why?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barksdale (New York, NY).

Interview

Personality test prior to interview (online). Phone interview with hiring manager, one on one interview with hiring manager, panel interview with board. The interview process is extensive. The panel interview is typically with 7-10 people.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager asked technical questions, for example what does valve CV mean?   Answer Question