Barksdale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barksdale Interview Questions

1.3

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barksdale (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy straight forward back and forth emails and phone interviews and an online assessment. They also ask for 3 references of prior supervisors prior to even making an offer which i found backwards because as job seeker, you really don't want to bother your references every time you apply to a job.
    All in all, the whole process felt very sketchy. You should definitely read the reviews to get a sense for the type of company this is, cause it paints a picture of the company and the culture in it, and it isn't pretty. There is a reason why they have had jobs posted for months...
    From start to finish, the supposedly rigid hiring process felt off, informal, and not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about your background? Biggest accomplishments, etc..   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barksdale (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

My previous experience with Barksdale was very dysfunctional. I had previously turned down an opportunity to interview with them. After about 4 months, they contacted me again. Then, I agreed to interview with them the next time they were in town. At the time, I was not looking for another opportunity and was very happy where I was. They had assured me that things had changed over the past few years and they were a different company. They painted a very pretty picture of the company in the interview in Texas and in California. They had assured me that the paper/computer work load was minimal. Which I found to be the opposite of the level stated during the interview process. As for the interview, they base their procedure on a book called Topgrading by Brad Smart. Their procedure is to have one field interview and one interview at the manufacturing plant. It was a panel interview with most of the senior management in the conference room. They also conducted a background check, drug screen and physical. It was straight forward and easy.

Negotiation

I did not reveal my pay history, I gave them a range. Of course my low was their high. We settled somewhere in between.

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interviews, personality test, on site interview

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barksdale (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

2 interviews , one with the hiring manager and one with the panel. They ask several questions but nothing related to the job. They don't want to pay enough so their offers are really low.