Barnard College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the director after submitting an online application about scheduling a phone interview. During the phone interview, my qualifications were discussed as well as my work experience. A few days after the phone interview, I was contacted about an onsite interview. The onsite interview as the following week where I met with the director and another associate director. Again, my qualifications and work experience were discussed. I got the impression that the director really wanted someone with a project management skill set. Not just someone who had worked on projects or led tasks, but someone who created, planned, and implemented projects which was not one of the required or preferred qualifications listed in the job description. The next week I received an email thanking me for applying but that I was not selected for the next round of interviews. Overall, the experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Having been in corporate America, what do you think might been different working in education?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnard College.

Interview

First phone then in person. Group interview but not overwhelming. Everyone was friendly. Hiring went smooth, friendly HR office. My first day was a breeze, happy to have the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance where you had to use initiative to help your supervisor   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Received a call from a HR representative who then followed up with an email confirming interview details. The First interview was fairly simple, basic getting to you questions. Interviewers were pleasant

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnard College.

Interview

Tiring......overkill with phone, exam and then being grilled by 9 people. Felt as though I was interviewing for a position at Goldman Sachs or a Cabinet position at the White House. The lead person was not very nice or friendly for that matter.

After the experience, glad I was not offered the position. People were a bit "full of themselves".

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were basic, personality type tests to ensure that you fit their "culture".   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple. More like a conversation than a formal interview. I was interviewed by the HEOP director and office administrator at Barnard. Less than 10 question, all about my prior experience in teaching and leadership.

Hall Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone call with both an Associate Director and current Hall Director, and an on campus full day interview. Typical questions Residence Life would ask you; you don't have to be going into higher education.
    Student population here is definitely unique. All women's college, but difficult, not-so-jovial students. Was probably the most intimidating part of my interview. All of the students are very much thinkers.

Producer Interview

Interview

It was simple. I applied online and someone reached out to me for a phone interview. Standard questions until he blinded sided me and asked how much money I made in my previous position. I was extremely caught off guard, especially since it is now illegal in NYC to ask what someone has made in their previous role. I was told I’d hear back in a week or so, but never heard a thing.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY).

Interview

So many interviews, so many people. Several interviews a day for two days. Thoughtful staff who was very caring about who they bring on board. Responded back to thank you notes after interviews.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I initially I had to submit an application. Once my application was chosen I met with one of the Associate Directors in the office in the Residential Life and Housing Office. The interview process was nice. I felt very welcomed and it was beneficially because it wasn't just asking about my experiences, but also they gave me a great insight into the type of work I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my administrative and confidentiality skills.   1 Answer

Pca Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barnard College (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the supervisor and her assistant after completing the online application. I had to call and choose a time slot. The interview took place in a small room within the office the space was intimate and a bit intimidating with the interviewers both sitting across from me. The interview consisted of many situational questions i.e. what would you do if..? howwould you handle..?