Barry-Wehmiller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barry-Wehmiller Interview Questions

Interviews at Barry-Wehmiller

2.5

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller in November 2019.

Interview

Pro
    - Recruiter was very friend and responsive.

Cons
    - Hiring managers were worry about job security.
    - No career growth as they would like to hire engineers that stays as engineers.
    - No training and career development so they only hire people with specific experience so they don't have invest the time on you.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller.

Interview

Phone call followed by in-office interview. Very friendly. Whole process about 2 weeks. Gave me a plant tour on the day of the interview. Large plant, but everyone knew each other by first name. Very impressive.

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

Process was pretty straightforward: first had a call with a recruiter, then a call with the region's partner, and finally an in person interview with the team at the project site I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• As a fresh graduate they asked me to tell them about my toughest courses in university   Answer Question

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Sacramento, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Two stage interview, phone screening initially and then an in person which includes a technical portion and behavioral portion. I was asked questions about past projects, work experience, school (recent graduate). They highly emphasized that the position itself required a lot of travel.

Interview Questions

• Explain your past project and internship history as well as any clubs and extracurriculars you're involved in.   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Irvine, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

First, I was phone screened by one of the partners. Then, I had an onsite interview with 2 project managers for an hour. Immediately after, I had another hour long interview with a director, partner and project manager.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Interviewed at BW Papersystems in Milton PA. Everyone there was very nice. Very relaxed culture. They consider a dress shirt and khakis to be over dressed. Only about a dozen people working there in that particular office. They use a fab shop a few miles away to produce their adhesive mixing equipment. They plan on giving me a job offer in the next few days and I plan to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Portland, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

After almost three months of back and forth, they called me in for an interview. The HR rep had no clue of how to use the Outlook calendar; he missed multiple phone appointments he had with me. Emails and communications with him involved bad grammar, bad spelling which gave me a bad impression of the company. The interview date finally arrived. It was Long, boring and overkill. The interview involved multiple engineers coming in and out of the conference room asking me pretty much the same thing over and over. I was there from 8 am to 12 pm. They said that their impression was positive and that they wanted to hire me, They were going to run a background check and degree verification., but it didnt get to that. I called to follow up on how the process was going , just to learn that the position was "closed". Who knows what happened and honestly, dont care. Good thing I didnt leave my perfectly good job for this big unknown of a company.

Interview Questions

• Typical boiler plate questions while going over my resume. Easy interview   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller in October 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the corporate recruiter which went well and he set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview the hiring manager pretty much said it was a no go because my recent experience was in designing electrical panels while they were looking for someone with construction and consulting experience. It was a fair point except that it was obvious in my resume so why even bother to have the interview? Not to mention, I was interviewed by a mechanical engineer who was not familiar with my field at all.
    Recruiter contacted me after a few days and was very helpful in looking at other opportunities within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I was interview on a phone with the recruiter after one week. I was then scheduled to have interview with the Hiring Manager on a Phone. The overall interview went.

Interview Questions

• Describe your major accomplishment inn your professional career   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone screens, one face-to-face and a lot of waiting. I sent a resume in November, did the first phone screen in December and a face-to-face in January.

I got the impression they wanted to hire people who could bring in business right away. You know somebody who worked with P&G last year and can make a call to do work for them. The office was nearly empty. Every engineer I met said they were working for companies they'd work for in the past. There were maybe 5 engineers in a billet for 20.

Once I had a face-to-face nothing happened until March when, after several calls, they said they were not interested: "We're pursuing other candidates at this time."

Bottom line: unless you can land a contract that they can take over you won't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any contacts with So-and-So?   1 Answer