Barry-Wehmiller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barry-Wehmiller Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone screens, one face-to-face and a lot of waiting. I sent a resume in November, did the first phone screen in December and a face-to-face in January.

I got the impression they wanted to hire people who could bring in business right away. You know somebody who worked with P&G last year and can make a call to do work for them. The office was nearly empty. Every engineer I met said they were working for companies they'd work for in the past. There were maybe 5 engineers in a billet for 20.

Once I had a face-to-face nothing happened until March when, after several calls, they said they were not interested: "We're pursuing other candidates at this time."

Bottom line: unless you can land a contract that they can take over you won't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any contacts with So-and-So?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with three managers and senior designers. Very open and candid about expectations for the role within the company. They responded back within a reasonable amount of time after the interview. Asked very standard questions about experience with designing solutions, statistics, and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your proficiency with Minitab or other statistical software?   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Professional setting. Very informative meeting. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Interview session was engaged in more self disclose type of conversation rather than the standard "tell me about a time when" type of Q/A.

Interview Questions

• What software programs I worked with and to describe what my former duties consisted of.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller.

Interview

I met with a recruiter and two project managers for the position. The recruiter explained the job as well as the culture of the company. He was upfront with the cons of the company, which I am glad he was not beating around the bush and was honest. The project manager we also honest and asked about my background as well as describing an average day as a project engineer. Overall, it was a good interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lot of discussion about the culture. They asked about my current job, what I liked and disliked. They told me that the company is growing and that there would still be work in lean times. They also said that the different locations work rather independently. Office was a very casual environment.

Control Systems/Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Modesto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

There were several phone interviews with people who were actually only 8-9 miles away. Scheduling was massed up because they sent information for the interview via email but my email service did not handle or display the information properly. Once we got that worked out, I met one of the interviewers - the one I might potentially be working for - for lunch. The FIRST time I was at the proper restaurant for the appointment and the interviewer didn't show - no phone call saying he was hung up - nothing. Next time we schedule the guys shows on time, we talk, he seems impressed and says he would really like to work with me and will get back to me - then crickets for a month! I try email again - no response. I am not impressed - the entire process was pretty unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to whether I was willing to work with younger engineers to educate them and be a resource for them (very much yes on both counts).   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller in August 2014.

Interview

3 sets of interviews. The first interview was over the phone with a hiring coordinator. Very simple personality questions, such as "greatest strength, weakness, tell me about yourself etc.." 2nd round was with a financial analyst over the phone whom I will be reporting to. Personality questions as well as experience on the previous job. 3rd interview was with a project manager, a director and an analyst. 3rd interview was mostly to meet the team and see if I fit within.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made an offer and I quickly accepted.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy internship interview questions. Mostly about what I did in school and why I wanted to be apart of this company. I was also asked some of the courses that I took and what I had enjoyed. Was not asked any technical questions. Just act confident and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Got a call the same day saying the company was willing to hire me.

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Clayton, MO).

Interview

Pretty straightforward: phone interview followed by interview in their office. I was interviewed by the department manager and two of his underlings.

Interview Questions

• They ask you what you want to make instead of telling you what the job pays. They're hoping your number is lower than what they're willing to offer, thus saving them money.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barry-Wehmiller (Greenville, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

Several phone interviews with the recruiter, then two in person interviews with future supervisor, one interview with the head of HR and one interview with the future Department Leader. Very heavy with interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase,