Bass Pro Shops Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bass Pro Shops

2.2

Sort:

Corporate Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter asking to schedule and confirm an interview time. I spoke with the recruiter over the phone the schedule day. We went over my resume and she asked me a number of very good questions.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Bass Pro Shops   3 Answers

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

The manager that called me was HORRIBLE! She called to set up an interview at the Las Vegas location on a Tuesday and wanted me to come in the next afternoon for an interview, this would typically be fine however it was my sons birthday party that day so I told her that, and let her know I could do early in the morning or any other time/day. She rudely said "well that's the only time I want to interview." I have never experienced a manager/HR that wasn't flexible at least by a few hours for an interview. Perhaps she needs to understand that an interview is as much about the applicant checking out the company as it is the company checking out the applicant. Needless to say I wouldn't work under someone like that.

Office Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Nashville, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

It was informal and low-key. I met with the HR Manager who mentioned an office position may be opening up within a few months, but he could get me in the door now as an Apparel Associate. While interviewing, he called the Apparel Manager and asked if she wanted me, and she said yes. As I said, very laid back.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Mesa, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Started with a brief walk through the store where I was asked to identify areas that needed improvement, how things were balanced, what was the focus of attention of certain areas and how I would change/improve things. Then we had a more standard sit down interview where they asked about my experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an arts background? Are you a self starter/self motivated?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Springfield, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

They won't call you, you have to call them and even you may not hear anything from them. You must apply in person for a better chance. If you want the job keep on them, they do lose a lot of people after a few months seems like every 6months or so.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of doing the job. Can you work with out talking.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denham Springs, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Denham Springs, LA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a laid back and comfortable interview. You first meet with the head of whatever department youre applying for. If they are interested you then get interviewed by the store manager. Just be yourself and answer truthfully. As long as youve impressed the manager, its off to drug screen. They also do a background check before you are hired. Once your in, they make sure they adequately train you for your position

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Memphis, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

brief, took a bunch of morality tests.filled out a lot of forms, got the sense most of these folks have never given a real interview. This was old school they did not ask me any illegal questions but at the same time they did not ask any relevant questions to the job either. they basically just seemed to be bothered we were taking up there precious chat time with one another.

Interview Questions

• I was not really asked anything substantial   1 Answer

Anything Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in October 2017.

Interview

I was asked about my previous job,did I have good social skills,and what hrs I could work,only 1 interview don't know the out come it was at bass pro in Memphis I was told that they would let me know after back ground ck,but how can you do a back ground ck if you don't ask for that person's s/s#

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Springfield, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

First was a phone interview. Then an interview with 3 people. They were very professional and easy to work with on scheduling a time to meet. The home office location was where I interviewed. It is a nice working environment. It is basically a cubical world with a few offices around the edges. The interview was around 40 minutes and then I briefly met with their boss for some small talk.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome adversity?   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Springfield, MO) in June 2012.

Interview

Basic Phone Interview is then proceeded by a face to face with HR. After that you will probably wait between 4-6 weeks if you get an interview from the Supervisors, Managers, and Director. Then you might receive a phone call shortly or it might be an additional 6-8 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Typical situational questions. Tell me about a time when....   1 Answer