Bass Pro Shops Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bass Pro Shops

2.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Strawberry Plains, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Strawberry Plains, TN) in June 2020.

Interview

They ask the typical “what would you do in this situation” questions. They also ask about why you left your previous position. Fairly easy interview overall. After the initial interview I spoke to someone else who gave me the job offer, contingent upon background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a guest?   1 Answer

Apparel Outfitter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in June 2020.

Interview

I was emailed about 2 weeks after applying to schedule an interview. I met with the team lead, and she asked me a couple of basic interview questions then described to me what the job was like. I then met with a manager about a week later for a second "interview" that was actually just her going more in depth with the job responsibilities and reviewing my availability. It wasn't really an interview, just meeting with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Lawrence, KS) in February 2020.

Interview

Met rep at University Fair and was invited to interview the following day. About a thirty minute interview, one-on-one with the HR rep. Very relaxed and laid back environment. Got to know each other more than interviewed

Interview Questions

• Q: How do your past work experiences put you ahead of other candidates   1 Answer

Senior Database Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in February 2020.

Interview

2 rounds. First was a standard HR followed by an hour phone conversation with the manager (Jeff Hjelm). Simply one of the kindest people I have ever spoken to. Despite having 25 years of experience in the company, he made a great effort in introducing me about the company. Was told me that the next round (onsite) would be in a couple of weeks at their Springfield, MO office. Unfortunately, due to hiring freeze since the COVID had spread, I was not hired.

Interview Questions

• What skills would you be willing to apply for this job role?   Answer Question

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Gurnee, IL).

Interview

Got a call came in a few days after the call and got hired on the spot. Easy interview and the people were nice. Make sure to dress nice and have confidence.

Fishing Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

There were two people in the room. One asked me the questions while the other kind of explained what the job was and the responsibilities. It was kind of unsettling to only have one person do the talking while the other just kind of stayed and listened to my answers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when someone asked you to break the rules. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you handled an employee/team member who didn’t want to cooperate. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Full Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Lubbock, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

It took well over a week to be called for an interview. I was told i’d be called the current week after my interview , then never was notified either way. They did not seem to be interested in me since i was going to school. In reality they seemed very unsupportive of me pursuing an education.

Hunting/Fishing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Showed up and was crammed in a tiny office with 2 managers and 2 other applicants for a group interview. Did about 30 minutes of behavioral questions. They offered us $10 an hour with no benefits because we are part time workers. I asked if I could have time to think on it, so I could get a main job and work for them in off hours as a side gig. They told us no. They need open availability as scheduals are different every week and they will work us up to 39 hours every week. She admitted that they only hire part time to avoid offering FT benefits. No raises are to be expected unless you get promoted. The two managers there admitted to being with the company only a few months. When they offered me the position, I respectfully declined. I told the the lowest I could accept is 60k a year. They laughed at me saing the store manager only makes that much, and they only made 30k a year. I felt insulted that they could really offer so little. McDonalds pays and offers why more.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Springfield, MO) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process was not intimidating at all. They asked relevant questions about my experience and informed me of the job requirements. Overall they were very personable and friendly. I felt confident during this interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous job?   1 Answer

HR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

I was initially contacted via email to set up an initial interview. I was able to do one over Skype. I then was asked to come in for a second interview with 2 more HR people. Was told there would be a decision made at the end of the week. Heard nothing back after and none answers the phone.