Bass Pro Shops Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2018

2.2

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Myrtle Beach, SC) in November 2017.

Interview

Brief Questions like why did I want to work with bass pro and how would I handle a impatient customer. Overall, the interview process was very easy plus, I ended up getting hired.

Unknown Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online for several positions and got calls from several people at the store
    I responded to Michelle who worked for HR and she set me up with an interview. They emailed me all the details and I went to the store for the interview. I was taken to the back where the offices are in the store and met with Andy to interview for Footwear. I explained that I had not applied for that department (You could apply for each department online) and was told that they had filled all the cashier positions and there were no other openings in the departments I expressed interest in.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for the company?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Melbourne, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very formal. I sat and talked with the HR manager, then after speaking with her, I sat down with the General Manager. Both were very welcoming and kind in their demeanor. They asked pertinent questions geared towards the position I was applying for and about some of my background in customer service.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Ontario, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The company was basically hiring everyone who showed up to their seasonal associate hiring event. The interviews were short and to the point, and everyone was very welcoming the whole time. The management was very friendly and it seemed like a great environment to work in.
    Unfortunately, my offer was eventually rescinded because a past psychiatric hospital stay disqualified me from working all positions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a scenario where the customer is being irrational?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been hospitalized due to psychiatric or mental reasons? (translation: Have you even been on a 5150, 5250, or 5270, or another state's equivalent?)
      Regardless of reason or circumstances, answering yes disqualifies you from all Bass Pro Shops positions. PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy, READ everything before you sign anything that has to do with your health. I literally had my offer paper plucked right out of my hands because I'm still suffering from someone else's mistake made years ago.   Answer Question

Anything Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in October 2017.

Interview

I was asked about my previous job,did I have good social skills,and what hrs I could work,only 1 interview don't know the out come it was at bass pro in Memphis I was told that they would let me know after back ground ck,but how can you do a back ground ck if you don't ask for that person's s/s#

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

Checked in with HR, then was taken over to interview room with 2 managers, not a group interview, Simple interview, read questions right off a printed out sheet of paper, really friendly down to earth guys, made me feel at home.

Interview Questions

• Name any 3 brands of fishing gear you know.   1 Answer
    • What is something you liked about your previous supervisor?   1 Answer

Fishing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

there were 3 interviews. One with hr, one with manager and one with the store manager. None were hard. Most were basic questions that were on a script that they had to ask. Nothing too difficult. I got through the process in about three weeks.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Relaxed and easy. I originally applied for a cashier but after 3 back to back interviews with 3 different people I was offered a job in customer service and accepted the offer all in the same day!

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a brief phone interview. The interviewer spent the first 10 minutes talking about the organization and expectations. I removed myself from consideration after learning about the mandatory holidays.

Interview Questions

• It is mandatory to work every holiday, are you okay with that?   Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Springfield, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call within several days. The lady whom I spoke to was very pleasant, kept the conversation short and concise and asked very general questions. I received one more phone call before being asked to come in for an in person interview, which at that time I'd already accepted another job with a higher salary.

Interview Questions

• What kind of salary do you expect to make?   1 Answer