Bass Pro Shops Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

Checked in with HR, then was taken over to interview room with 2 managers, not a group interview, Simple interview, read questions right off a printed out sheet of paper, really friendly down to earth guys, made me feel at home.

Interview Questions

• Name any 3 brands of fishing gear you know.   1 Answer
    • What is something you liked about your previous supervisor?   1 Answer

Fishing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops.

Interview

there were 3 interviews. One with hr, one with manager and one with the store manager. None were hard. Most were basic questions that were on a script that they had to ask. Nothing too difficult. I got through the process in about three weeks.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Relaxed and easy. I originally applied for a cashier but after 3 back to back interviews with 3 different people I was offered a job in customer service and accepted the offer all in the same day!

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a brief phone interview. The interviewer spent the first 10 minutes talking about the organization and expectations. I removed myself from consideration after learning about the mandatory holidays.

Interview Questions

• It is mandatory to work every holiday, are you okay with that?   Answer Question

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Rocklin, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed during the promotional "free kids easter pictures" weekend, so it was very busy. I let the customer service workers know that I was there for an interview, and I waited for about 15 minutes then was approached by the manager for the interview.

Boat Sales Interview

Interview

Very easy going. Mostly behavioral questions. I interviewed with the department manager first and then had an interview with the GM of the store. They are all very easy to talk to,

Footware Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Katy, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to come in for a face to face interview within a week. I came in and met with the sales manager and after our interview was over I was able to meet with the merchandising manager. I was amazed at how happy everyone was to be at work. The same area I interviewed was an area where employees have their break area and there were some sitting and talking. I couldn't help but overhear some of the conversation and that they were just so happy! Young employees and older employees light hearted conversations together. I wanted the job MORE after seeing that the employees actually talked to me as well and said, " Good Luck".

Interview Questions

• What do I like about the store?
      Why would I be a good fit?
      What would my past colleagues say good and bad about me? Why?
      What are my best and worst qualities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Daytona Beach, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was simple, and I thought was amazing... but i regret ever accepting the job. Good conversation, not many questions asked because they were so desperate for people.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you had to deal with confrontation in a work environment   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Daytona Beach, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Started at the job fair. Interview was 3 minutes long. The interviewer did not look at nor want to look at my resume. This was the first step to ensure those applying were the right fit. Passed and went on to another interview a few weeks later. Next interview was meeting with the Managers and General Manager of the store. Interviews are still going on. Said they will reach out after they complete all interviews and give an offer.

Fishing Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dania, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bass Pro Shops (Dania, FL).

Interview

It was a quick interview. They had asked me about my outdoor experience and what area I was most confident/knowledgeable in. After that, they had asked me if I go to school or not and what my current lifestyle consisted of (if I had any plans, etc).

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I think I should get paid.   1 Answer