Beacon Health Options Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Intake Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Beacon Health Options.

Interview

Fast and simple. Director took over the interview, direct no trick questions. After the interview I was shown where I would sit. It’s quiet but you can still hear people over the phone. They were like robots in front of a computer. Typical call center environment. Although a lot of people work from home so it was kinda deserted.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience with talking to people over the phone.   10 Answers

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Beacon Health Options (Norfolk, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. Sign in at the front desk, sign a HIPAA form, then Lynn, at the front desk will call an interviewer down stairs to escort you upstairs. I sat in front of three very kind employers and the director was skyped in as well. I was at the end of the table as the three employers asked me questions. The interview overall last approximately 30 minutes. The building in Norfolk is easy to find, GPS brings you right there.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with behavioral health persons before?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company and the position you are applying for?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable being on the phone for hours at a time?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable working within the community as well as behind a computer?   1 Answer
    • Experience with Word and Excel?   1 Answer
    • How would you keep someone's interest on the phone for hours?   1 Answer
    • Have you evaluated or given behavioral health clients assessments?   1 Answer

Associate Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trafford, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Beacon Health Options (Trafford, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview with CEO and Medical Director . I had already worked at the company at another capacity, so they knew about my performance . I was well known to the management team

Lcsw Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Beacon Health Options in November 2014.

Interview

it was a large fair in a hotel lobby that was very disorganized, apparently positions were handed out on first come first serve basis with exception to those jobs that were given to friends of the management team that was hiring.

Interview Questions

• my years of experience and my managerial skills. I was never asked about data entry or computer work other than a knowledge of outlook and word and yet 95% of the job was sitting at a desk working on a faulty software program. With extremely limited training.   1 Answer

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Beacon Health Options (Latham, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I was asked questions such as why I wanted to leave my current job, where I wanted to be in the company in the future and was given a description of the job and benefits. I pointed out my past experience with claims processing and my availability to work full-time and overtime, when I would be given prior notice.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable I was working with Excel.   1 Answer

Clinical Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeak Beach, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Beacon Health Options (Chesapeak Beach, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

It is a panel interview with two or more people. There is not much more to say. They asked the basic questions asked in an interview and you have to complete a data entry test.

Interview Questions

• About the military and their benefits   1 Answer

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beacon Health Options (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went smoothly, interviewers were friendly and professional, very unlike the environment I ended up working in. They were intentionally deceptive related to the anticipated workload, hours of work, other expectations.

Interview Questions

• What is an area of weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent

Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Beacon Health Options (Smithfield, RI) in July 2016.

Interview

I was already working within the company, and I found the job posted on their internal jobs board. I emailed the supervisor and submitted my internal application. Not even an hour later, I got a reply back that they wanted to interview me the next day. I went in the next day and met with the Program Director and AVP, and it was your typical interview in terms of questions and reviewing background. They were very friendly and I felt comfortable right away. After the interview, which lasted about one hour, they asked if I was free to join them for a team meeting. I attended the team meeting and got to meet the rest of the senior leadership team, and they were all friendly and welcoming. I left feeling great about the job and my chances. The next day, my application status had been updated to "hired", and I was extremely excited.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were fairly standard, and with regards to data analysis I was asked which programs and software products I was comfortable using. I was also asked about my expense management experience.   Answer Question

Intensive Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Beacon Health Options (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

enjoyable discussions with more than one potential supervisors. While I spoke to 4 different supervisors on two different occasions, I didn't really get a choice of positions: I was told "this one is open now" (have approved requisition), so that's the one you will occupy. It was the one I wanted least, regrettably.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to leave your current employer   1 Answer

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Beacon Health Options in July 2016.

Interview

There was no interview process! I confirmed for a phone interview, when the time came I did not receive a call. I re-checked to see if the time and who was responsible for calling was correct. After a few more minutes passed I called them and left a voice mail. I never heard anything from them..it has been over a month.