Bealls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bealls Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.0

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bealls.

Interview

I had to submit an online application and conduct a video interview. They asked me a few questions to answer for the video that were not too challenging, but the format was a little awkward.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bealls (Lakeland, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I went into the interview expecting to be hounded with questions, but it was a very pleasant experience. The manager was very nice and understood my schedule with school. I was very happy with my interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good addition to our team?   1 Answer

Merchandise Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bealls.

Interview

Got an email. Set up interview but did not get proper training until 1 month of me working there. They asked all the general questions and they told me I had the job immediately.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bealls.

Interview

There was a group interview because of the holiday season. We were all hired on the spot. They ask basic customer service questions and how you are at getting credits.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buckeye, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bealls (Buckeye, AZ).

Interview

Interview was pleasant and comfortable didn't feel like an unfriendly place. It was professional and the whole process from filling out application to first day working went very quickly. Filled out application got email with a survey filled it out got a call next day for interview then started following week

Cashier, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bealls (Milton, FL).

Interview

Did not get asked any questions at all. Manager told me she had a good feeling about me and since there was a 90 day probation period. she felt there was no need to ask any questions. Took a total of 5 minutes

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bealls in November 2016.

Interview

I turned in an online application, and I received a phone call about two days later. I checked in for my interview at the customer service desk, and went into a conference room with an area manager. He asked me several questions; mostly about why I wanted to work for the company and what I think customer service is. The store manager was close by and heard my answers and liked what I said apparently. She ended up offering me a job on the spot as a seasonal employee. I've been promised a permanent position, most likely on their visual team, after the holidays. Everyone was really nice, but some of the questions were very repetitive so I had to think of several enthusiastic ways to say I love customer service (which I actually do love).

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • As you walked through the store this morning, what caught your eye?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bealls (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website, and within a few days they had emailed me a personality test. This was mainly about how you felt about honesty and stealing. Answer it like there's a manager right there even though the questions are redundant. I got a call from the store about 2 days after I did the test. They wanted me to come in 2 days later. The interview was with a manager, he was friendly and laid back and laid out the expectations after the interview. I got an email about 4 days later saying they had given the position to someone with more retail experience.

Interview Questions

• If you had a long line of customers, but I had given you a task, which would you pay attention to first.   1 Answer

Part Time Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bealls.

Interview

I was contacted by phone a month or more after applying. Was then sent an email with additional assessment to take.
    Interview was with the store manager in the office. Very relaxed interview. Basic availability, position information and a few questions about my retail experience.
    I was hired that day. Started work the following Monday.
    It's been 6mo and I'm still there. So far so good

Interview Questions

• Previous retail experience and what did I do there   1 Answer

Junior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bealls (Bradenton, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed in person at their corporate office with 2 creative directors. Took a skills test on InDesign. There were no "standard" interview questions and it was more of a free-flowing conversation about the position.

Interview Questions

• What Adobe program are you most comfortable with?   1 Answer

I turned down the offer because the pay was low, the commute was long, and the corporate environment was not inspiring and very outdated (cubicles, no windows, messy, dark). Also the title Jr. Art Director was a little misleading as it was really a Jr. Designer position based on the responsibilities (from what they told me).