Bechtel Plant Machinery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bechtel Plant Machinery

3.2

Sort:

Contract Position Interview

Interview

I was notified by their HR department that even though I am 3 years out of school I was required to send them an official college transcript ($10) that they did not reimburse for. Extremely odd and unprofessional to make people pay to apply to a job before even being considered. I pulled out of he process as it made he company seem very sketchy.

Interview Questions

• Please provide your college transcript to be considered.   Answer Question

Bechtel Plant Machinery Response

May 11, 2018 – Communications Specialist

We'd like to take this opportunity to clarify our hiring process. Like many companies, we require candidates to submit unofficial college transcripts to be considered for an interview. Some... More

Contract Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

BPMI came the College campus I was currently attending. They did a brief information session. They then instructed you to apply online if you were interested. After two weeks they conducted phone screenings. I was then given an opportunity to interview on my college campus about two weeks after that. Two weeks after my on campus interview they contacted me with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give us a brief summary of yourself, touching on some of your skills, without reiterating from your resume.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Monroeville, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a thorough interview process but it was expected for what security clearance you have pass. The initial interview was around 5 hours long. Then you have to wait for security clearnence to clear

Interview Questions

• If I call your current employer, what do you think they would say you could do better in your day to day tasks   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The process was very structured and fast paced. From initial contact I had a phone interview, panel interview, and on site interview. All happened within a matter of a few weeks. The people were nothing but friendly and informative. Any and all questions and concerns were addressed head on and honestly.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in an environment where you can't have your cell phone or personal electronics?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Monroeville, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied Online. Contacted for a phone interview 1 month later. Phone interview lasted around an hour and at the end he asked me to come in for an on-site interview in Monroeville, PA. On-site interview very organized and long. Initial interview with hiring manager (1 hour), panel interview with 3 managers (1.5 hours), HR meeting (30 minutes). Overall good experience that gives you a thorough understanding of the position but can be draining due to long process.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Monroeville, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Breakfast with a manager in the morning, followed by driving me up to BPMI. There, they fingerprinted me and took a bunch of my information to make sure I was a US citizen, after which they conducted a drug test. Once all of that was clear, I had a panel interview with four engineers there. The interview was mostly behavioral questions, while also asking about my previous work. Finally, I was taken inside the building (everything before this was done in the lobby) to meet with a department manager, who pretty much asked me about my previous work.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Monroeville, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a personal connection in the Bechtel HR department, and a few days later, I was contacted by one of their recruiters. This discussion was a basic resume-based interview. We covered my skills and career aspirations, then I had a chance to ask questions of the company. Of note was the fact that at this point, I was not interviewing for a specific role/position. Due to the fact that positions with Bechtel require a security clearance, the role you fill is determined closer to when you actually begin working (which could be months after hire).

If you get through the initial phone screen, you are invited to interview with their team in person. Before the day of the onsite interview, you are asked to complete several forms, as well as provide copies of your transcripts. Be sure to ask if you are expected to meet with someone 1-on-1 before the official interview starts (i.e. for breakfast), as that might not be listed in any written correspondence you receive.

The onsite interviews last about 6-7 hours, including lunch with some of the people you talk to through the day. You're required to be fingerprinted and to do a urinary drug test. Through the interviews proper, you speak first with the hiring manager, who will give you a thorough rundown of how the company works, then you'll interview with them and 1-2 other people in a panel. Be prepared to discuss anything on your transcripts and to go into detail on the projects you've worked on. After that, you speak with a younger engineer (possibly the one you had breakfast with, if applicable), and there is a small "tour" of the office floor on the way to you speaking with one of the higher up engineers. This all sounds like a lot, but the interviews are in very accessible chunks, and the people were quite pleasant. At the end of the day, I got an offer right there.

By the way, the hiring manager may or may not be your manager when you start - again because the sector you start in depends on what's open when your security clearance goes through.

Interview Questions

• Describe this project; follow up questions about why you made certain decisions.
      What might your previous supervisor say about you?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Monroeville, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted to set up a phone interview. Upon successful completion I was asked to come in for an onsite interview. At the interview I went to lunch with my phone interviewer and a manager. I was then immediately drug screened and finger printed upon return to the company's building. After that I interviewed one on one with the same manager I went to lunch with, then had the opportunity to ask an engineer questions. Next I was interviewed by 5 managers at one for over an hour.They liked my answers so I was given temporary access through security to speak with an upper level manager. I received a general automated email weeks later that I did not get the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery.

Interview

I applied online within a day or so of the job being posted. I think I was contacted via email to get my transcripts. I was called a few days later for a phone screen. We set up a phone interview for a few days later. It was a great interview, and he asked really good questions and really dove into my resume. I had submitted a resume that was significantly worse than it is now (very vague) and he really challenged me on some of my bullet points. It was just bad preparation on my part. The next step would be an on site interview. It has been at least a month and I haven't heard anything. I am assuming that no news is bad news. I believe that I deserve some sort of communication for my status.

Materials Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

Overall, BPMI has a good natured interview process and is very organized. The one drawback I took away from them is that during the phone interview it was never expressed the exact detail of the work (which may be due to national security reasons) which mislead me to believing that this was an opportunity that I would liked to have explored. The staff were very friendly, and they go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. My advice to others seeking employment here is to know that a majority of the engineering positions are trouble shooting and design review.

Interview Questions

• Provide an instance when you were able to apply your academics to a real life, field failure scenario.   Answer Question