Bechtel Plant Machinery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Monroeville, PA) in March 2019.

Interview

After the WVU Career Fair, BPMI reached out for a phone call to learn more about myself and to answer a few questions. After a week or so I then scheduled for an onsite interview with BPMI. They compensate the interviewee for travel expenses post interview, so keep track of expenses and miles traveled! The interview itself takes place within the main building, but not past the interior security screening entrance within the building. There is a conference room attached to the lobby within which the process took place.

Interview Questions

• What interested you about the position?   Answer Question
    • What did you do in a situation where you and your coworkers disagreed about a design, or decision on a project?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you made a mistake and how you handled the problem.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I was asked if I knew what the company did and then was asked questions about my resume experiences. Not much was asked about my school transcripts, more of the questions were about hypothetical scenarios and how you would respond. Very friendly interviewers overall and a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the hardest things you persevered through/ thing you failed at?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was complete. They came to a job fair and asked for an interview. I was interviewed that day. Then after the interview they asked me to come for an on-site interview.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview approximately one hour followed by half day onsite interview with several different managers and human resources. Lunch with hiring manager and another person outside the facility.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you had to work with people from multiple functions towards a common goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Monroeville, PA) in February 2019.

Interview

The process started out with a drug test followed by meeting the department and being interviewed by different people. Overall it was good. They asked several questions about overcoming obstacles in life.

Contract Position Interview

Interview

I was notified by their HR department that even though I am 3 years out of school I was required to send them an official college transcript ($10) that they did not reimburse for. Extremely odd and unprofessional to make people pay to apply to a job before even being considered. I pulled out of he process as it made he company seem very sketchy.

Interview Questions

• Please provide your college transcript to be considered.   Answer Question

Bechtel Plant Machinery Response

May 11, 2018 – Communications Specialist

We'd like to take this opportunity to clarify our hiring process. Like many companies, we require candidates to submit unofficial college transcripts to be considered for an interview. Some universities provide unofficial transcripts for free; you may wish to contact your college to determine their policy. Official transcripts are not required unless and until we make an offer of employment, and at that point, we reimburse for any out-of-pocket expenses incurred while obtaining these necessary documents.

We hope this has cleared up any questions you may have about our employment process. We encourage you to read about our long and successful history at BPMIonline.com. We're quite proud of the support we've provided the U.S. Navy for more than six decades.

Cog Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery.

Interview

Very straightforward interview process. If you're straight out of college with no experience, this may be a little more difficult because you have to talk to human beings about what you've done. It was a simple behavioral interview mostly about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite project.   1 Answer

Cognizant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Monroeville, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied Online. Contacted for a phone interview 1 month later. Phone interview lasted around an hour and at the end he asked me to come in for an on-site interview in Monroeville, PA. On-site interview very organized and long. Initial interview with hiring manager (1 hour), panel interview with 3 managers (1.5 hours), HR meeting (30 minutes). Overall good experience that gives you a thorough understanding of the position but can be draining due to long process.

Contract Professional Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Monroeville, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I was invited to schedule a phone interview nearly 2 months later. The following week, I was invited on-site for an interview which lasted 4 hours. It consisted of a one-on-one lunch, several one-on-one interviews, and one small panel interview. The overall experience was enjoyable -- everyone was friendly and welcoming! After 2 weeks I received an offer via telephone.

Contract Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel Plant Machinery (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

BPMI came the College campus I was currently attending. They did a brief information session. They then instructed you to apply online if you were interested. After two weeks they conducted phone screenings. I was then given an opportunity to interview on my college campus about two weeks after that. Two weeks after my on campus interview they contacted me with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give us a brief summary of yourself, touching on some of your skills, without reiterating from your resume.   Answer Question