Becker Professional Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Becker Professional Education

2.9

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Becker Professional Education (Downers Grove, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Was called by HR & spoke about current salary and expectations. Was asked to take a critical thinking exam online and a personality exam. Arranged for phone interview with hiring manager, but was passed off to a different HR person for details. Spoke with hiring manager (great guy) and was asked to interview in person. Second HR person scheduled for a specific time - then sent an email confirming a different time.

In person interview was great - consisted of meeting the hiring manager and two other managers, one in the department and another director as well as a skills test. Team is a great group of hard working peope and was I really excited to get involved in such a positive environment.

Received a callback from 2nd HR person with an offer but was much lower than the range discussed with 1st HR person (total comp offered was lower than I make now - would not have agreed to go further than initial HR contact had this been properly disclosed). I questioned the discrepancy and sent them a few emails as backup and was told 2nd HR person would call me back.

A day later, 2nd HR person called me. Directly after 2nd HR person said her name and hello, the HR Manager/supervisor cut over (did not announce her name or any greeting of any kind) and demanded to know why I needed the salary range that I originally discussed with 1st HR person (all of this was in my email to 2nd HR person - was very clear that neither of them had actually read anything in the email in detail). When I explained that their benefits don't match my current benefits and that I would need to make that up in base salary, HR Manager seemed offended and got very rude. HR Manager said that they could only consider the absolute lowest end of my original range and that would require a 'salary regrading' of the position. HR Manager said she would email me her contact info if I had any questions - I still have not received it.

At that point I left a voicemail with the hiring manager thanking him for taking the time to interview with me but I could not accept the position. The team I would work with was excellent and they have a top notch facility, but they are a subsidiary and their corporate parent (where HR is) clearly has a different environment that I would not want to be a part of.

Interview Questions

• Given a series of tables and fields, write the SQL statements required for each of these questions   1 Answer

Originally discussed salary range was not what was offered. HR department seems very disorganized and combative - cannot imagine how they treat actual employees if this is how you talk to a prospective employee.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Becker Professional Education (Downers Grove, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

There was a three-step process: 1) Phone screenwith recruiter 2) Two 30-minute phone interviews with HR and my supervisor 3) Half-day in-person interview with three people, one hour each.

Overall it was a great experience. I enjoyed my conversations with everyone and felt well-suited for the position. I've never worked for a large traditional corporate company and was unsure about what the people and culture would be like. The environment was different than the small privately owned company I was coming from, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was very impressed with the individuals I interviewed with and could see myself working alongside them.

Interview Questions

• Questions centered around expertise, strategy and problem solving.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Becker Professional Education.

Interview

Had Phone Interviews with Manager, then an interview with the Director. The interviews were very detailed and provided an accurate representation of what the job required at the time. Went over requirements of territory and available benefits.

Interview Questions

• How you stay motivated from an at-home work environment.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Becker Professional Education (Memphis, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a great interview process that started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Then I had an in person interview with the regional manager and director. Both were very nice and made me feel comfortable. I was told I would get a follow up call the following week, which I did. They offered me the job and I accepted. Great benefits!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I counter offered and we met in the middle.

Becker Professional Education Response

May 31, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thanks for this feedback! What could we have done to better our interview process to make it more than average?

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Becker Professional Education (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There is something VERY wrong with this company. This job has been posted for 6+ months, and the hiring manager told me there aren't many people in this area who do this kind of work. Are you kidding me? In LA you can't find qualified instructional designers?

I spent 15+ hours on interviewing and doing a presentation for them. They know nothing about online learning and they can't handle hearing the truth that their current online offerings are very, very poor.

Finally, they didn't even have the courtesy or professionalism to respond to my inquiry for a follow-up on their decision. Don't waste your time interviewing here cause they DO NOT know what they want or need, and it will be a waste your valuable time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with adaptive learning and gamification.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Becker Professional Education in March 2016.

Interview

Very simple and fast process. Phone interview with HR representative to discuss qualification followed by in-person interview with the hiring manager (s), direct supervisor and business leader (s). Total time from initial phone interview to job offer was 1 week. No technical or highly complicated questions from HR or the managers.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Becker Professional Education (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

First interview was with immediate manager and 20-30 minutes with each peer. Follow-up was with senior manager. Immediate manager, who is no longer there, had quirky questions but she was a quirky person. Interviews with peers was uncomfortable. I could tell one did not like me at all. After being hired, it was difficult working with that person. I felt like I really connected with the senior manager and that is why I was hired. At first, the peer that did not like me tried to undermine everything I did in an attempt to prove her point. It took time to win that person over. She was quite unprofessional but it was tolerated which was typical of Becker. If you kissed up, your job was secure.

Interview Questions

Becker Professional Education Response

Jul 18, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for this review. What would be your advice to management based on your experiences at Becker?

Student Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Becker Professional Education (Naperville, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very unlike any other interview I have ever had. There weren't any questions really. They had you call a number at a specified time to do a mock phone call with a fake customer.

Manager of Global Accounts Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Becker Professional Education in December 2014.

Interview

The entire process was very long. The first interview was a standard 30 minute phone screen. I was called back shortly afterward to take a 2 hour personality and critical thinking assessment online. A week or so later, Becker's recruiters (there were two on this position) scheduled a 30 minute phone interview with the VP in the Midwest region, which was rescheduled once. After that, the Becker recruiters scheduled a 30 minute phone interview for me with another executive out of their NC campus. Weeks later, they asked me to drive to Downer's Grove on a weekday, which they selected, so I needed to take a vacation day to drive to another state to meet with the two executives I spoke with on the phone, in person for a 2 hour "interrogation" style interview. The final interview, which was another 30 phone interview with a sales manager was scheduled for a date that I blocked off on my schedule, and immediately after my in person interview, one of the recruiters left me a message letting me know that the sales manager needed to "reschedule" and the other recruiter would be in touch with me shortly. I waited about a week, and didn't hear from either recruiter, so I followed up with both of the recruiters. I had another opportunity that I needed to make a career decision on, so I was anxious to get the last interview scheduled, but I was suspicious that they had made a decision not to hire me at that point. I waited almost a month after the cancelled final interview, occasionally checking in, but hearing nothing. I finally emailed the recruiter letting her know that I was on hold with another offer, and I really wanted to make a decision. As my gut suspected, the recruiter finally responded to me, nearly a month after she "rescheduled" my last interview, letting me know that they decided not to move forward with my application. After I received the news, I emailed both the VP and other exec who interviewed me, thanking them for their consideration and wishing them luck in their search, letting them know that I was disappointed, but I was thankful for the opportunity. I heard absolutely nothing back from either of them. After they ask me to use a vacation day, spent several hours preparing and being interviewed, and drive over 4 hours total to meet with them in person, I would have thought that I'd at the very least receive an acknowledgement for my time.

Interview Questions

• nothing relatively difficult to answer, but I did have the question repeated multiple times that I answered "What do you say to our customers when they aren't interested in speaking with you because you don't have your CPA"   1 Answer

Manager Administration Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Becker Professional Education (Oakbrook Terrace, IL).

Interview

I met with the Director twice, the Senior Director, then the president of the company within weeks. It took 2 months to actually receive an offer. Unfortunately, I was told that I was the first candidate selected and the Director wanted to interview others as well.

Interview Questions

• Becker was looking for someone with A/R experience and wanted to know how I would lower the A/R balances. I told them that I would look at the invoices sent and the payments received to make sure we were paid for all invoices. I contacted the firms and within 3 months, I collected over $6.4 Million in outstanding invoices.   Answer Question