Belcan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2018

2.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belcan (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with a manager, approximately 40 years old and a younger person, in his 20s.
    I was asked about my experience and my opinion of older computer languages. They mentioned a former coworker of mine who is now working for Belcan, and asked my opinion of my other former coworkers, as if to compare to his opinion.
    The 2 interviewers made several comments about my "extensive experience" and how "it is amazing somebody like you can still learn new (computer) languages". It was obviously a crack about my age, 53. I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• What did I think about a former coworker?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter is aggressive and tries to bait and switch and then asks illegal medical questions.

The recruiter will ingratiate himself with you in order to find out background info that can be used against you later, and then like a sleazy used car salesman low balls offer letter after the initial bait and switch from a salary position to a contractor.

However, the most disturbing aspect of their offer is to ask personal medical history and if I had any medical issues.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any serious medical conditions which you must have health coverage? Can't you get on COBRA yourself?   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Belcan (Rockford, IL).

Interview

Applied on website for Rockford, IL position. I was contacted about a month later. Where I did a preliminary phone interview with recruiter, mostly personality questions. After, I was setup with another phone interview with the technical manager in the Rockford location. Same type of questions. I was then given an online computer science/technology aptitude test. Once finished, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with manager. Upon arriving at interview, the manager was unavailable, so met with the higher-ups and given tour and gist of what company does. Two weeks later, called for feedback/update and was told that they were interested, but they had no opening available. (So why was I interviewed?) Another 2 weeks pass and I received urgent emails/voicemails saying that there is a potential opening, so I scheduled interview for next day. Upon arriving this time, the original technical manager was available but head hiring manager/head of project was not! The technical manager then decides that I should speak with other people who are working on the project, but the he has never even spoken with them himself! The technical manager introduces himself to them seconds before introducing myself and explaining that the head of project was unavailable. After being completely thrown off guard, the man working on the project agrees. All three of us sit down to discuss project, but technical manager keeps asking questions about roles and duties to person working on project. (Who's getting interviewed?) Once completed I was told they would contact me in a week, and they were still interested. 2 weeks pass so I call for feedback/update. Recruiter tells me that they just hired another person for position, explaining that technical manager thought I was too quiet. I was completely taken back when I heard that was the reason i was not offered the position and that no one had the courtesy to even let me know their decision, considering the interview process I went through. Overall bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude test online was general computer science knowledge   Answer Question

Web Applications Developer Interview

Interview

HR contacted me and get phone call next day. HR screen interview. Asked about the resume details, skills, current visa status and location preference. Got lot of information about the company. HR sent follow-up email and more details.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was sat down with the individual I would be working under and another experienced member of that group who had work experience too. The work environment was casual. They asked some basic questions about my hands on project experience and only a little about my classes. Not very technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some of the projects you have worked on.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Belcan (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Emailed about intern position, received email confirmation about a week later to schedule an interview. One week later had said interview which was about a 25-35 min process with whom would be my boss. Had a few questions about me, what were my interests, and schedule wise. I told him I live and breath to program, it is my desire in life. Then school scedule changes and that I can commit X hours per week on Y number of days,

Future boss went to tell me the history about Belcan, and not really about what I was going to do per se. Then another future co-worker came in to interview me to more or less gauge me. Had more interaction level, but less time on what it is that I can do, to what I will be doing.

Interview Questions

• No difficult, nor unexpected questions. However critical if your working as an engineering intern. You must know C/C++ there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was going as an intern, I don't know what salary to expect, and they have a structure for these things.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (Lexington, KY) in January 2013.

Interview

Sat down with a manager and he talked with me one on one. Asked me why I wanted the position. Also talked about what I enjoyed about engineering and what my hobbies were outside of work and school. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and he was not intimidating.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Belcan (Gaithersburg, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

It was like a very routine interview for a similar position. I went to the building where the interview was held and met the woman at the front of the office. She had me fill out routine documents (and I felt like it was bizarre that there was math involved). After I completed the forms, I moved on to the formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? It's   1 Answer

Senior Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Belcan (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

Pro forma. Interviewer had very little knowledge of my actual work scope. Most of the interview revolved around the HR process utilized by Belcan. I'm sorry but there's really nothing more to say.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Belcan (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Two people interviewed me. They sat across a table from me and just asked some basic simple questions. My resume had the exact experiences that they were looking for, so it seemed more like a formality. They really did not seem prepared to give an interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had a PE license?   1 Answer