KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Belcan Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 123 of over 123 interviews

Recruiter19%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Belcan

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan in Jul 2022

Interview

Interview questions were very technically oriented, with only a few generic interview questions. Most of the questions were focused on detailed specifics of structural analysis and engineering tools. They also asked about my years of experience with aircraft and spacecraft.

Interview Questions
  • Why I was interested in leaving current position. What steps I take before starting a detailed analysis. How familiar I was with material data in NASGRO.
    Answer Question

Belcan

Application

I interviewed at Belcan

Interview

Initial contact with Belcan recruiter was fine. She asked for my work history and school classwork and all the normal stuff to put together a resume for me. She sent it off to several positions that she felt I was a good match for. Then when selected to interview for a position at a major agriculture and pharmaceutical company, she scheduled a pre-interview with me to practice responses to common interview questions. First off, she was extremely condescending about my work history saying I had little to no chance of getting this (entry level) job because after working in another lab for 2 years, I had been out of a lab setting for about 6 months. She just repeated this multiple times rather than listening to my side of the story and helping come up with a good sounding explanation or doing anything to build my confidence going into the actual interview. She was also extremely incorrect about the description for the job she had applied me for and the interview I was going into. I was instructed STRONGLY to be outgoing and do-anything and really drive home the fact that I want to learn to do everything. And I was also told that it was practically guaranteed that I'd be hired on directly by the end of my first year... Instead, I was initially turned down for being overly enthusiastic and because they thought I'd be bored. But after following up repeatedly (because I just needed a job), I've spent the last three years working in one room on three different machines and that's about it. The team on-site is great, and I don't actually mind continually doing a now-very-familiar task, but the job is NOT what was initially pitched to me and she couldn't have been any more wrong about the type of person they wanted.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Belcan

Application

I interviewed at Belcan

Interview

Belcan has a small-time attitude and the interview process is quite subjective. The hiring manager can can choose any interview process they like. In the IT Department the manager uses a panel interview process but then hires the candidate himself without regard to other IT people opinions who were on the panel.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you would step a remote user through troubleshooting a problem with a software package you have no experience with.

Belcan

Application

I interviewed at Belcan

Interview

Simple engagement with just a few minutes of conversation. Explained general approach and what they need in their consulting pool. They recommended I get approved to provide consulting and then only accept engagements that fit with my skills. Try and Buy approach.

Interview Questions
  • Is your resume complete? Seriously

Belcan

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Belcan in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview was one on one. The interview commenced with an informal introduction both ways. Followed by formal competency questions that were peppered with information about the job role and the client. It was not rushed. There was time for questions at the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Belcan

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan in Mar 2022

Interview

In person interview comprising of a discussion about the role, walk through of CV and discussion of my experience. Then I was asked to do my 10 minute presentation that I had prepared and answer the questions that the interviewers had. Then the interview finished with some competency questions and technical questions before a closing conversation after the questions that I had for them.

Interview Questions
  • Prepare a 10 minute presentation on an engineering project or engineering interest.

Belcan

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belcan

Interview

The interview was with 3 engineers. They asked me to talk about myself and asked me to talk about my previous experiences. Overall a smooth process they seemed eager about me and my experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Belcan

Application

I interviewed at Belcan

Interview

Met for a one time interview via zoom. This was quick and to the point which was a nice change from lengthy interview processes. I was happy speaking with both interviewers and felt like I got a good idea of the position and what the company does.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about a gap in my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Belcan (Dallas, TX)

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. There were 3 people, the recruiter, the manager, and the supervisor. We spoke of my background and the expectations for the role. In addition my future goals what I expected rom the position, etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Belcan (London, England)

Interview

Great technical conversation. No canned, generic questions, just a good conversation about abilities, previous experience and learning potential. Interviewer was very accommodating and I really enjoyed the experience. Prompt and timely communication about offer.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 123 Interviews

Belcan Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Belcan according to 121 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.85%