Belcan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Belcan Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belcan in August 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews both were on the phone. The first interview was with a Belcan employee and the second was with a group of people at Sikorsky. The first interview was very informative and he helped me with tips and topics to study for my next interview with the hiring manager of Sikorsky.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about Sikorsky communication protocols?   1 Answer

Web Applications Developer Interview

Interview

HR contacted me and get phone call next day. HR screen interview. Asked about the resume details, skills, current visa status and location preference. Got lot of information about the company. HR sent follow-up email and more details.

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Belcan.

Interview

Spoke with a staffing specialist and answered a few basic questions. Completed a computer test to assess some basic skills that would be required to complete tasks on the job. Most of it was centered around Microsoft Office applications and navigation of the menus to locate functions within the programs.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with data.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Belcan (Peoria, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview first started with introduction n job description, then asked some technical questions and some hr questions. After the interview, they took a week to review and gave the offer

Entry Level Structural Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan.

Interview

There was an intial phone interview, then followed by a Skype interview because I was not in the area, if you are in the area, they will do an on site interview

Interview Questions

• Questions about job experience, then technical structures questions, like equation for stress, vibrations questions and about a stress vs strain curve   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Followed by in person interview with hiring manager. Questions were laid back. Find a Belcan recruiter and contact them personally about potential jobs. They network and it sped up the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Basic situational questions about past work experience.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter is aggressive and tries to bait and switch and then asks illegal medical questions.

The recruiter will ingratiate himself with you in order to find out background info that can be used against you later, and then like a sleazy used car salesman low balls offer letter after the initial bait and switch from a salary position to a contractor.

However, the most disturbing aspect of their offer is to ask personal medical history and if I had any medical issues.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any serious medical conditions which you must have health coverage? Can't you get on COBRA yourself?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and said that he had matched me with three different positions: Two Mechanical Design Engineer positions and a Project Engineer position. After talking with him about my experience and relevant knowledge, I was scheduled for an in-person interview in Palm Beach about three days later. At the interview I was able to interview with a structure mechanical design engineering position, project engineer position, and a system requirements engineer position. The interviewers were very amiable and it was more of a conversation rather than your typical professional interview. In the mechanical design engineering position the interviewers gave me a knowledge exam with some basic questions that I'll describe in the Interview questions section. The project engineer position interview was probably the best of all three. It was more of a conversation me getting to know the technical lead and him getting to know me and my experience. Last interview was with system requirements and he kind of described what he did and what his team and the position would be doing in very simple and exciting terms and wanted to know what type of person I am in terms of work ethic and drive to learn. About three days later after the interview I was called by the recruiter and he said that the Project Engineer tech lead would like to make me an offer. I waited about a day and accepted. I really like the culture and connecting with them.

Interview Questions

• Mechanical Design Test sheet:

- Rate from 1-5 the natural frequency of these figures (they were beams with different supports).
      - There is an image of a single bearing kind of like from statics and there is a stress point identified by simulation. you have 1-5 blanks to fill on how you would redesign the piece to relieve the stress or mitigate it without any restrictions.

Project Engineer:
      - Basic project management questions and experience, like describing if I had ever managed a project etc.
      - If I had knowledge of a jet engine...(I'm an aerospace engineer, yes I know a jet engine) but of course I mentioned that I did not know anything detailing the gearbox that connects the prop or the gear ratio for such components.

Systems Requirements:
      - If I am the type of person to go and research and figure a problem out, which is what they had to do. He did not care if I did not know, you learn hands on through a mentor, but he did mention that you have to be willing to do some research and pick up a book and figure out through the data logs of the sensors what the problem was and ways to resolve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was sat down with the individual I would be working under and another experienced member of that group who had work experience too. The work environment was casual. They asked some basic questions about my hands on project experience and only a little about my classes. Not very technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some of the projects you have worked on.   2 Answers

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Belcan (Bloomington, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

they asked for my documents, and about work status if I have visa or no, they showed me the health insurance policy, they show me the few holiday paid, they told me that there is no vacation days with is contract, paper work only.

Interview Questions

• will I be hired after one year?   1 Answer