Ben & Jerry's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

1.6

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ben & Jerry's (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position online and received an email that must have been meant for the owner or district manager. The manager who sent the email to me was unprofessional in that she sent the email to me without reviewing who she was sending it to. The person also talked about my management and leadership positions I previously held in a bad light. I would never work for a company nor consider them if they treat and talk about their potential candidates this way. This is a big indicator that if the interview and screening process is bad chances are the job will suck also. Needless to say I emailed the manager back and told her due to the email she sent I would like to officially withdraw my application from consideration. I just felt this was highly unprofessional stay away from this company at all costs.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ben & Jerry's (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Sat me down and had a quick meeting. Didn't really discuss much, just briefly talked about what was expected from me and what was expected from the job. Maybe lasted 10 minutes tops and was told at the end to expect a call back if I was to get the job.

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kentfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ben & Jerry's (Kentfield, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was not a formal experience. The interviewer was asking more about me than what I would bring to the company. My hobbies, what I studied in school, what my overall dream was for my future and keep in mind none of those answers had anything to do with scooping ice cream. I treated as I was talking to a friend and it went beautifully. What I got from the questions and experience is that they want to know what kind of person you are, not if you know what to say to get a job. The motto of the company is "If its not fun why do it?" and they really do mean that. If it seems you won't have fun doing this job they aren't going to hire you.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to customer harassing you about the prices?   Answer Question

Ice Cream Scooper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ben & Jerry's (Waterbury, VT).

Interview

The interview process was done by two hiring managers. They were very friendly and conversation was fun. Both were interested in me as a person and in what I had to say. It did not feel like they were rushing with the process and just doing their job. It felt genuine and open. They seemed honest because they were upfront with how they wanted to use the interview time. I respected that.

Interview Questions

• If I was a cucumber in a salad, and a person was about to eat me, what would I say?   2 Answers

Ice Cream Scooper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ben & Jerry's.

Interview

I applied online, the questions were really simple and mostly aimed towards getting to know about your personality. I followed up about a week later by calling the store, they told me that they were just about to call me to set up an interview, which was great to hear. I ended up coming in for the interview a few days later, it was very quick. Only 10-15 minutes? They asked simple questions, and also asked about what I know about Ben & Jerry's, like how they make their ice cream and the projects they do outside of work. Definitely go on their website to learn more about it so you're prepared for the interview. They asked me what my favorite movie was, again trying to know about you and your personality. They're really looking for fun and upbeat people. After the short interview, they had me scoop my favorite flavor ice cream and I got to take it with me to go! They asked me if I'd be willing to air guitar - so of course I just said yes. And then when it came to the time to air guitar she said the music was too slow? At the end she said that they'd call me at the beginning of next week. I waited for the call, and called mid-week to follow up, they said they were busy opening another store, etc. and they'd call me the following week. They never did, which is fine, but is a bit unprofessional. I would have rather them called me and said they'd filled the positions or something. My friend ended up being hired for the job, and she says that they're very unprofessional and haven't told her when she'll even start working.

Server In Scoop Shop Interview

Interview

The whole process was relatively easy. I applied online on their website and heard back within a few weeks. I wished they had given me more information about when they would contact me and other stuff like that. The interview took place in another location of their store. It wasn't too bad overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glastonbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ben & Jerry's (Glastonbury, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

I called in and got a interview right away. One manager interviewed me they were really nice. No hard questions. At the end of the interview you get to scoop your own ice cream. I called to follow up on the interview and the boss was not there and the lady who answered the phone was very rude so I did not care for the position any more.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yorktown, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ben & Jerry's (Yorktown, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

extremely easy, we spent 4 hours bouncing marketing ideas off of one another. Very unprofessional in my opinion, but the person interviewing me seemed fresh out of high school. Overall, it was pretty laid back, but confusing at the same time. I could tell it was unorganized.

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions. it was more like a conversation   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I told them I couldn't accept what they offered and that $12.00 was the minimum I could do with the promise of commission (which I have yet to receive)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West New York, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ben & Jerry's (West New York, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

you have to take a flavors test and memorize all ice cream flavors, ingredients, and food allergies. they give you about a half hour to complete. you also make a personalized picture resume that you decorate.

Interview Questions

• if i am good with customers   1 Answer

Scooper Interview

Interview

I knew the manager and was hired immediately