Bendix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bendix (New York, NY).

Interview

at school career fair co-op interview. They ask questions from a piece of sheets. I think everyone's question should be the same. The whole interview lasts for 40 minute. I was too nervous.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bendix (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied at College's Career Fair. Got an interview for the next day (held at College) which lasted for around 20 min. HR conducted the interview which was based upon personality and resume. The interviewer asked all question from laptop and recorded my response. The interview went great and they said they would be getting back to me soon. I waited for 3-4 weeks but didn't receive any response. I mailed HR 2-3 times asking about my interview outcome, but received no response. Finally, they replied in April stating that they decided to pursue so other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell about an occasion where you went above and beyond.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bendix (Watertown, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online on new york air brake on Friday around 10.00am and got call from Hiring Manager at around 12.30pm regarding application of position. HR told they will forward to hiring manager for review and setup call but didn't received one as the position got filled

Interview Questions

• regarding application of Mechanical engineer such as pneumatic, machine operation creo   Answer Question

Advanced Manufacturing Engineer/ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bendix (Elyria, OH).

Interview

It was a direct hire from the campus fair in my college. It was fully a technical interview. But, I was at an advantage because I had work experience of close to three years to talk about. All my questions were based on my work experience.

Interview Questions

• All was pretty standard. Only one question was tricky where they asked me how I would prioritize the production schedule. But, I gave an answer based on what I did and it was convincing enough.   Answer Question

Had an other offer.

CO-OP IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bendix in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through the career fair. The hiring people looked at my resume and asked to schedule an interview. I actually went to their info session the night before and met with the head recruiter. He told me to come back to talk with the IT manager at the career fair. I came to their booth a couple times so they knew I was interested in the company. The interviewer was very nice. He asked basic behavioral questions and some information on my resume. He also answered every questions I had. He was very down to earth. The interview was very relaxing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bendix (Cleveland, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

It started with a panel interview in campus then I was called to a 3 Day Interview
    with differents group activities always monitorated by the interviewers
    the interview process was from start to end a really good experience.

Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bendix in September 2014.

Interview

Tough to get interviews without referral.Interview lasted about 40 minutes consisting mostly of behavioral questions.The interviewer was reading questions from a book like a robot and making a verbatim report.I'm someone who is passionate about vehicle technologies since childhood and expected the interviewer to ask me something about it.This never happened.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about how you would behave in a conflicting work environment. You can look up all these on Google.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bendix in September 2014.

Interview

In the career fair, submit the resume and talk with recruiter in person, answer some simple questions.
    Complete online application and submit resume and some other materials.
    Do the one and one interview on campus two days after the career fair, regular behavior interview, the interview took about half an hour with two interviewers, who are not HR specialists or recruiter but the manager of the functional department.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bendix (Elyria, OH).

Interview

Interview process was unclear to begin with. Same set of questions were asked by the hiring manager on four different interview occasions. Interview process was long and tedious. Had to wait 3 months for the final response after multiple phone and onsite interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bendix (Elyria, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Consisted of 3 consecutive panel behavioral interviews lasting an hour each, followed by team building activities. After talking to some of the employees who were currently in the EDP Program, it became clear, that the EDP program places candidates in different locations ranging from Mexico to Canada, based on the current needs of the company without a heads up, and without the candidate having a say in the assignment. Rotations are a year long, and rotate through different locations and divisions, but a manufacturing rotation is mandatory. What happens upon completion was described as being "up in the air" as their first EDP class has not reached that stage yet. The work/projects described were a rehash of the work I had done as a co-op with Bendix.
    Team building activities were stressful and pointless. They kept all the candidates on a tight schedule by starting the days early at 7 am and 6 am, and going through the evening both times. Accounting for travel, this interview process was mentally and physically exhausting to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to use data for root cause analysis?   Answer Question