Bendix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bendix

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bendix (New York, NY).

Interview

at school career fair co-op interview. They ask questions from a piece of sheets. I think everyone's question should be the same. The whole interview lasts for 40 minute. I was too nervous.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bendix (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied at College's Career Fair. Got an interview for the next day (held at College) which lasted for around 20 min. HR conducted the interview which was based upon personality and resume. The interviewer asked all question from laptop and recorded my response. The interview went great and they said they would be getting back to me soon. I waited for 3-4 weeks but didn't receive any response. I mailed HR 2-3 times asking about my interview outcome, but received no response. Finally, they replied in April stating that they decided to pursue so other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell about an occasion where you went above and beyond.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bendix.

Interview

Spoke with them at the CSU internship expo. Come prepared and make sure your resume is up to date. Tip: look up the history of the company you are interviewing with as talking points.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do after college?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bendix (Cleveland, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Everyone I encountered during the process was informative and helpful. Working in HR, it's nice to see when a company "gets it" and is focused on a positive candidate experience

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of relevant behavioral based interview questions in regards to difficult clients, organizational skills, culture, etc   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bendix (Elyria, OH) in December 2012.

Interview

I received a phone call after an internal Bendix recruiter found me on LinkedIn. I had a phone Iiterview with her within 48 hours, an in person interview with 3 individuals the next week, and I received a phone call the next day with a job offer.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bendix (Elyria, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Started out with communication from HR, stating interest in my expericne and an interview was set up. I was not local to the area, so Bendix reimbursed for gas. Interveiw process included 4 separate segments:
    1st with the HR rep who had been in contact with me discussing general experience and expectations
    2nd with two engineering supervisors. We discussed technical information and did an analysis of ABS data to see how I interpretted the data, along with other vehicle stability questions.
    3rd with a lead engineer. We discussed experience and aspirations
    4th with engineering supervisor. We discussed experience

A few weeks later I got a call from the HR rep, setting up a phone meeting with the engineering manager of the position I had interviewed for. When We had the phone meeting, the engeering manager offered me the job. After that was a couple phone called with the HR rep discussing pay and starting/relocation bonus. The came the acceptance letter and explination of benefits.

Interview Questions

• Not completely difficult, but I was asked a question regarding the Bendix Electronic Stability Control. I was asked which braking strategy the Stability should use in a particular case. The answer I gave is the same strategy that Bendix uses, but the engineering supervisor kept asking me other ways to do it, just to see how I approached the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first ful-time position acceptance, so I did not negotiate too much. In hindsight, I definitely should have asked for $10k more

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bendix (Elyria, OH).

Interview

Interview process was unclear to begin with. Same set of questions were asked by the hiring manager on four different interview occasions. Interview process was long and tedious. Had to wait 3 months for the final response after multiple phone and onsite interviews.

Windows Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bendix (Elyria, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

First, they sent sent me a form to fill out to assess what I was doing and what my skills were. After a couple weeks I had a phone interview with a group. They asked some technical questions and things seemed fine. At one point I asked what a day in the life was like and I got the immediate answer "Hell!" (should have been a tip-off). A couple weeks later I drove through a snowstorm to go in for a 5-plus hour series of "tell us about a time when you screwed up", and "tell us about a time when fought with someone at work" type panel interviews. Very repetitive, very left-field, grueling. As mentioned, this was 5-plus hours that went through lunch-time and they never offered any food. By the end I was starving and dizzy. They said they'd get back in a week and.. nothing. I followed up with a thank-you and 2 emails asking the status and,, nothing. This is a rude company. This is how they treat "guests". From the tension I felt from the employees while there, it must be the way they do business. Glad it didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with a fellow employee and had to go through other layers of management to resolve it.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you received criticism.   1 Answer

Environmental Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bendix in March 2017.

Interview

I was emailed by Bendix asking for a time, it was set up and then my interviewer called me and it was a pretty standard interview. A couple weeks after, I emailed my interviewer to follow up and then I was offered the job.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bendix.

Interview

I had 2 interviews, one with the college recruiter and another with the specific team member I would be working with. I applied to a couple positions online and the recruiter asked for my first choice and was interviewed for that position first.

Interview Questions

• How would you intervene if at all, if discussions became misguided.   Answer Question