Benihana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Benihana Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Benihana (Beachwood, OH).

Interview

Upon arrival I was told to wait for the manager by one of the other hostesses who didn't seem very happy. I was interviewed by one of the 3 managers, he basically asked me hostess questions only s hostess or server who had worked hibachi would know. He was very impatient with me however I had never experienced hibachi before and he knew this. I kept calm demeanor although he made me feel very uncomfortable as he corrected almost every answer and rushed me. I was not asked to do a drug test and was offered the job over the phone after calling and speaking with another manager.

Interview Questions

• What are the qualities of a good server?   Answer Question
    • If there are 3 chefs and a total of (x amount of customers) and (x amount full tables out of the 10) can you seat them?   Answer Question

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Benihana (Troy, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

I was told to apply online to the prep cook position and was given a card with information. I applied online the same night. One month later I was called for an interview. When I arrived I was told to have a sit by the host. After 30 mins some witty banner with host. I had a one on one chat with the hiring manager. With in minutes I was sent in my way with promises of a second interview only to receive an offer letter via email.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benihana (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

It was like a 5 to 10 minute interview with a shift supervisor. I got hired at the end of the interview. The person who hired me no longer works there though.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider is your weakness?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Benihana (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two different managers in the same day, one after another. The next night (around 7pm) went back for one final interview from the general manager. General manager hired me on the spot and told me that I could start the next week.

Waiter Interview

Interview

The interview process was not that hard. You had your typical interview where you schedule a date and they ask you about yourself. They also ask you about your previous experience.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Benihana in September 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview to determine whether I would've been a good fit for the job or not. My first impression was negative since it took the recruiter two weeks to respond to my email with my availability and a few key questions. When the recruiter finally responded she didn't even answer my question and scheduled to call me on Thursday at 10am. But I actually received the call from her on that Wednesday at 10:20. She did apologize for calling 20 mins late, even though that wasn't our scheduled time and I just happened to be available at that moment. She asked me a few questions but every time I answered or asked a question she would pause for an odd amount of time before she would respond or ask another question. After a few moments she then mentions that she felt I wasn't qualified and that she had other candidates that were much for qualified than myself. I understood... However, it was quite an odd phone interview and wish it would've been different.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benihana (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was straightforward and typical of any restaurant hiring process. The General Manager called me in for an interview. She then sat with me and went over my experience and why I thought I'd be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difficult situation you had with a customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Benihana.

Interview

I was nervous , I haven't went to an interview in a while. But the guy was nice. He literally only ask me two questions. Which was where did you work before ? And. .. Do you have any questions? He did all the talking and he told me he liked me and he was gonna talk to the other people and give me a second interview. It was a Friday. And he called me today which is Monday and said he want to offer me the job. I'm happy asf right now lol

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiating. He ask me what I wanted or thought about making. I told him 9-10 he said okay. That's actually the highest I ever got paid. My old jobs paid me 7.93-8.05 and was cutting hours so this is good

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Benihana (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

The lady interviewing was very nice and I felt comfortable talking to her. I felt like she really wanted to get to know me, which shows that they care about who they hire. She was straight up with me about what goes on in the restaurant and I appreciated that.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Benihana (Miami, FL).

Interview

Pretty interesting. Unlike any other. Asked about my abilities to read. What level reader am I. Thought my college experience was a plus. Asked how i cope with bad customers. Explained benefits. Described the acceptable look for employees. Asked how long I am looking to be employed.

Interview Questions

• How do i cope with bad customers?   1 Answer