Benihana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Benihana

1.8

Sort:

Waiter Interview

Interview

The interview process was not that hard. You had your typical interview where you schedule a date and they ask you about yourself. They also ask you about your previous experience.

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benihana (Cupertino, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was simple I just sat down with one of the managers during the in between hours of the restaurant. He was a very nice, he asked me if I had customer service experience before, i told him that i had. He asked me my experience there would translate to something beneficial to the company, I told I've met and spoken with about dozens of people each day in an effort to sell them something. It would be even easier for me when people came to eat and were forsure going to buy something.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benihana (Edison, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

Quick, easy, and informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Benihana (Miami, FL).

Interview

Pretty interesting. Unlike any other. Asked about my abilities to read. What level reader am I. Thought my college experience was a plus. Asked how i cope with bad customers. Explained benefits. Described the acceptable look for employees. Asked how long I am looking to be employed.

Interview Questions

• How do i cope with bad customers?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

Got a call after two days of applying. Saw two managers that day of interview. Was asked questions on experience, and got offered the job after! Seemed quick and friendly. I started work right away.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Benihana (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

common general questions. i came to the interview appointment, the host told me to wait, they called manager in charge or who you have the appointment to meet with. the interview probably took 30 to 45 minutes. they do two managers interview me and then they will give a call back.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benihana (Plano, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

It was quite a long time ago at this point, but my interview was fairly standard. The GM at the time was interested in me as a person, more so than my previous experience, which I believe is definitely more important. Very friendly and personable.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benihana (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

I walked in, filled out an application. The AGM took a look at my application and discussed it with the GM. GM asked a few questions and then he hired me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Benihana? (Values of the Company)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benihana (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was straightforward and typical of any restaurant hiring process. The General Manager called me in for an interview. She then sat with me and went over my experience and why I thought I'd be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difficult situation you had with a customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Benihana (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a easy interview , asked the basic question about work history and what I would bring to the company. Told me about how busy they were and how much sales I would generate.

Interview Questions

• How long have you served,
      Have I been fired before , what can I bring to the table , are you going to bring a positive experience to the restaurant   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not bad when can you work