Bergdorf Goodman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.6

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, once you are contracted by HR if they are interested in meeting with you, you are asked to take an online retail math test and a personality test. If results are satisfactory, they call you in for an in-person interview with HR. Then you'll be called back to meet with the Buyer, and then a third time to meet with the Divisional Merchandise Manager (DMM). Upon receiving an offer, you must first pass a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work at Bergdorf Goodman?
      - Tell me about a time when you weren't sure how to do something and had to figure it out for yourself (BECAUSE THERE IS NO TRAINING OR ONBOARDING AT BG)
      - How will your skills from you previous experience relate to this job?
      Answer Question

Stock Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a few different people. They all had really nice personalities and I felt good energy from each of them. Bergdorf's is 'Cream of the Crop' so it was quite shocking to find out how little they pay. A luxury retailer should be able to afford a better payout to their employees.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important skill to have when dealing with multiple channels of people?   1 Answer
    • Are you flexible as far as working diff positions goes?   Answer Question

Store Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and HR person was extremely efficient, responding to me the next day. I first had an interview with this HR person, and it went very well. She then booked an interview with a Design Director the same week. This person was extremely unprofessional, I sensed an attitude during the interview and they didn't even send me a response back to my "thank you" letter.

Extremely unprofessional. I hope they don't treat their business consultants and partners the same way.

Interview Questions

• We are looking for someone who is not a diva and would do anything that is needed (as in... are you?)   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman.

Interview

The interview was very relaxing and everyone was extremely nice. They were very efficient and was very interested in my story. The people that worked there were very proud to do their job.

Interview Questions

• What does a typical day at work consist of for you?   Answer Question
    • tell me about your knowledge of the history of the company   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I felt at ease and well prepared so the interview process was easy. The interviewer and I had good rapport. I tried to follow up with as many questions even after the interview was over to show my interest in this position and that I was the right person for the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked If moving to a more demanding department would be challenging for me?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

It was fun and quick. It's kind a story telling type of interview. The HR Manager is friendly and will not make you feel that you are in an interview, it will be like a very friendly conversation.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready for another challenge in your life?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Two interviews and a drug test then a week of training. I met with the hr department first. They had me interview with the managers of the area the position needed to be filled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Bergdorf Goodman?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I should have tried harder to negotiate more money.

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (Paramus, NJ) in March 2009.

Interview

They asked basic interview questions