Bergdorf Goodman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bergdorf Goodman

2.4

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

They just wanted to know what your doing with your life and if your qualified. It was in a managers office in the building, but keep in mind there is an interview with the hr manager also.

Interview Questions

• Are you organized? Can you multitask? Are you a good team player? Do you know about art ?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I felt at ease and well prepared so the interview process was easy. The interviewer and I had good rapport. I tried to follow up with as many questions even after the interview was over to show my interest in this position and that I was the right person for the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked If moving to a more demanding department would be challenging for me?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman.

Interview

Interview was scheduled in advance and met in person. HR looked at me weird and judged my appearance...They made it very obvious. It was weird and I was dressed professionally. Very few questions were asked. They seemed like they didn't know much about the position and the entailments, was not very informative at all. Questions were very general. They seemed disinterested and passive the whole time which made it unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions were asked. HR didn't seem to know much about the position, just asked about my background experience and why I wanted to leave my current workplace.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, once you are contracted by HR if they are interested in meeting with you, you are asked to take an online retail math test and a personality test. If results are satisfactory, they call you in for an in-person interview with HR. Then you'll be called back to meet with the Buyer, and then a third time to meet with the Divisional Merchandise Manager (DMM). Upon receiving an offer, you must first pass a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work at Bergdorf Goodman?
      - Tell me about a time when you weren't sure how to do something and had to figure it out for yourself (BECAUSE THERE IS NO TRAINING OR ONBOARDING AT BG)
      - How will your skills from you previous experience relate to this job?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman.

Interview

The interview was very relaxing and everyone was extremely nice. They were very efficient and was very interested in my story. The people that worked there were very proud to do their job.

ECommerce Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman.

Interview

Very smoothly. They asked specific questions and how you are as a person. I went through several rounds and didn’t end with the job. It was a wonderful experience to be interviewed at an iconic company. Very professional.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

It was fun and quick. It's kind a story telling type of interview. The HR Manager is friendly and will not make you feel that you are in an interview, it will be like a very friendly conversation.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready for another challenge in your life?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Two interviews and a drug test then a week of training. I met with the hr department first. They had me interview with the managers of the area the position needed to be filled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Bergdorf Goodman?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I should have tried harder to negotiate more money.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone, In Face with 2 managers that I would be working with. They were both rather intimidating but also very honest about the role. One of them was the department manager and the other assistant manager. While I understood the process, I was more concerned about the work culture and how I would fit in which was lightly touched upon.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for the role? Do you have any background experience with luxury sales?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bergdorf Goodman (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted fro an interview about a week later. They offered me the position the following week. I accepted the position over the phone and via email.