Berkshire Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Berkshire Bank

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glastonbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Bank (Glastonbury, CT) in December 2017.

Interview

Went to 2 separate interviews each with 2 managers. Asked basic questions about previous work experience and what your goals are. Also tested your selling and persuasion/ cross selling skills.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Bank.

Interview

Phone Interview from Recruiter, in person interview with EVP. Bizarre organization. The recruiter told me that the SVP position was a newly created role. This was a flat out lie. Not only was it not a newly created position-two people had left the position in the past twelve months. The most recent SVP left the position by walking out at lunch and coming back.

Clearly, the recruiter (who is paid based upon getting qualified candidates in the door), is unethical. But perhaps the biggest takeaway was the percentage of interview time that the EVP spent bashing and criticizing the two former employees who previously held the role. Without going into the minutia, it was quite apparent that the EVP had zero self awareness that having TWO SVPs leave a role in less than one is a reflection of bad management and poor leadership. It was twilight zone level remarkable. It's clear that the next person who takes this role will be put into a boat full of holes and then blamed when it sinks.

Interview Questions

• Centered around situational management.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Bank (Albany, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a first interview with a branch manager where they ask just general questions about you and why you want to work there, then got a second interview with a different branch manager, they ask about past experience, comfort with sales, they may ask you to sell something to them.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Bank.

Interview

Interview process was easy. Phone interview, Interview with teller supervisor & branch manager then a final interview with the assistant branch manager. Asked the basic questions regarding customer service & cash handling.

Teller I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berkshire Bank.

Interview

Two interview process, one with branch manager and teller supervisor, one with regional manager. Very easy. I let them talk most of the time and sat and smiled.

The asked very basic interview questions for retail workers. They read from a list of questions. They very firmly repeated that the main goal of the job is sales and I will have to be comfortable with selling products.

The regional asked the same questions mostly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you delt with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Bank (Vernon, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Was scouted at my former retail position by the manager of my current branch. After having a sit down meeting with him, I was scheduled to have another face to face with a second branch manager. Entire hiring process from my application to first day was roughly 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to roleplay a sales situation that was effective without being overly pushy, or feeling like a used car salesman.   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berkshire Bank (Westfield, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Easiest interview process I can recall. I do have thirty words to describe the interview process. The interview lasted twenty minutes. The Manager asked simple questions, in regard to my experience in banking. He then stated, beyond my background check, I should hear back from HR within a week.

Interview Questions

• Inquired as to my previous banking experience   1 Answer

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berkshire Bank (Needham, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview opportunity was obtained through personal referral as is common in the mortgage business. The people interviewing me were already familiar with my work. We met in person and I received an offer within a week or two. They told me about how much Berkshire was going to be improving.

Interview Questions

• Can you source your own business?   1 Answer