Berlitz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.1

ELT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berlitz (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a skype interview with HR for about 40 minutes. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just be personable and talk about any experience that could help with boosting your chances of teaching. Show that youre well rounded.

Spanish Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berlitz (Miami, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Minimal phone screening and an in person interview. Interview happened at the designated time. I was presented an offer and the details about the training and hiring process. They said that after 40 hours of unpaid training they will then decide who was the right candidate. The offer I was given was of $ 13.50 the hour. I thought the offer was ridiculous and wrote an email giving feedback to the girl who interviewed me. The email I wrote is at the end of my comments here. Check it out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self ?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any more questions for me ?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me ?   1 Answer

ESL Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berlitz.

Interview

Very brief and casual. Talked about education and previous experience and was offered the position on the spot. Interviewer said they really needed help, but once the job started I barely got called for work. Had to pester them to find out my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous teaching experience?
      What was it like working at....?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berlitz (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard - first phone screening, then second phone interview, then face to face interview. The entire process probably took 1 week. I had the offer in my hand the day after I had my face to face Interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you faced at your previous work and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Part-time English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Berlitz (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

This was at the Philadelphia branch with the "Client Relations Specialist."

I was offered an interview via email for a "part-time" position. When I explained that I have other part-time work, so I would have to know ahead of time which hours are being offered, I was told 'This is a part-time job based on enrollment. We cannot predict your work schedule. Best of luck on your job search.''

Wait a minute. This is a part-time job but you expect me to have full-time availability at your whim and refuse to disclose what hours you want me to work? On top of it, you are punish-withdrawing your interview offer because I asked about hours?

I am pretty sure the "Client Relations Specialist" is not holding up to her title.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to come in?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berlitz.

Interview

More like a casual relaxed conversation in a relaxed atmosphere, just to make sure that I can teach and use a computer and the Internet. A training followed the interview. Then I had to give demo.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berlitz.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked about teaching experiences, reasons to work for Berlitz, and I had to converse with someone in the language I was about to teach. After that, I was accepted into an online language instruction training, and taught a mock lesson in person and at the center the week after.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berlitz (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with center director. Was told history of company, and current business outline. Two weeks ( 20 hours a week) unpaid online training prior to a teaching audition. Was told there was no set schedule for classes, at students discretion. Overall I was made to understand the difference between a business English school and an Academic English school.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in a year? Five years?" " . . .describe a time a student was critical of your teaching and how you handled it."   1 Answer

I felt the beginning pay was insufficient to justify two weeks of unpaid training and testing. Also there was not enough hours being offered, nor any type of set schedule.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berlitz.

Interview

I was chosen through some on-line applications and interviewed shortly after. After discussing about my background and experience in both English and Spanish, I was explained about the position in detail, possible commitments, training system, important dates and compensation. It was fairly straight forward, and clear to me.

Part-time Language Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berlitz (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very fast and professional. I was not complicating at all. I was chosen through an on-line applications and they call me the day after. After asking about my background and experience, I was explained about the position, training system and compensation.

Interview Questions

• What is your experiences teaching? Why do you want to teach? Why do you think you will be a good teacher?   Answer Question