Berlitz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berlitz Interview Questions

Interviews at Berlitz

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berlitz (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted in the target language, and the interviewer was courteous, enthusiastic, and asked about my educational background and work experience. She offered me the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What have your experiences of language learning been like, and how have they impacted your own approach to teaching?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your teaching philosophy?   Answer Question
    • What previous experience do you have that prepares you for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berlitz (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was called the next day. The interview process includes being told up front the duties, pay and requirements of the job. The person was very transparent.

I declined because the pay was peanuts and the week long orientation did not fit my schedule.

Interview

Contact the center in Santiago to apply for a freelance position teaching English. The selection starts with a week-long (non-payed) training session. If you are selected, you will advance to an interview with the director. Schedule and hours will be negotiated and a location to go to (non-payed travel). Once hired, you pay your transportation to and from work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berlitz.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked about teaching experiences, reasons to work for Berlitz, and I had to converse with someone in the language I was about to teach. After that, I was accepted into an online language instruction training, and taught a mock lesson in person and at the center the week after.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berlitz (Columbus, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

The regional manager came to the city where I live and did a comprehensive interview. The HR manager asked me questions regarding the position and went over the resume I submitted. I recalled it lasted about 2 hours and I got the offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Education background, working experience and commonly asked questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Berlitz (Vienna, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the Instructional Manager via email and then over the phone with a potential job offer. We scheduled a meeting in the Learning Center few days later. I had to go through a week long online training and finally do a demo class in the Learning Center.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that can't be expected in an interview. We went over my resume and skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berlitz (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward, They ask you your strengths (not weakness for me at least), and gives you 3 scenarios on how to deal with annoying students. Pretty much all the answer is to keep calm and if you need help, then SEEK help.

Interview Questions

• One of the student is not being cooperative and asks you to stop wasting his/her time by teaching things he/she does not want you to teach, what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berlitz (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

much like an informal conversation about the company.I was interviewed by my potential supervisor about the company, my education background and working experience. Then I was informed to take a week-long training about berlitz method. To demonstrate the teaching techniques.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Berlitz in January 2015.

Interview

They tested the language that I was going to teach in a conversational interview. Hiring manager was very nice, and easy to speak with.
    The interview was mainly by phone and after a week long training that tested our language skills along with new aquire teaching techniques.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience teaching   1 Answer

Spanish Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berlitz (Garden City, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was not long, we went over major points in my resume and discussed the Berlitz program, and how/why I would be a good fit.
    After a while, I was left alone and had to write a paragraph/essay in the language I wanted to teach explaining why I wanted to work at Berlitz.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. The interview was very easy and predictable.   1 Answer

The hourly rate that they offered was too low.