Berlitz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berlitz Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.1

ESL Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berlitz.

Interview

Very brief and casual. Talked about education and previous experience and was offered the position on the spot. Interviewer said they really needed help, but once the job started I barely got called for work. Had to pester them to find out my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous teaching experience?
      What was it like working at....?
      1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berlitz (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard - first phone screening, then second phone interview, then face to face interview. The entire process probably took 1 week. I had the offer in my hand the day after I had my face to face Interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you faced at your previous work and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Part-time English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Berlitz (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

This was at the Philadelphia branch with the "Client Relations Specialist."

I was offered an interview via email for a "part-time" position. When I explained that I have other part-time work, so I would have to know ahead of time which hours are being offered, I was told 'This is a part-time job based on enrollment. We cannot predict your work schedule. Best of luck on your job search.''

Wait a minute. This is a part-time job but you expect me to have full-time availability at your whim and refuse to disclose what hours you want me to work? On top of it, you are punish-withdrawing your interview offer because I asked about hours?

I am pretty sure the "Client Relations Specialist" is not holding up to her title.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to come in?   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berlitz.

Interview

More like a casual relaxed conversation in a relaxed atmosphere, just to make sure that I can teach and use a computer and the Internet. A training followed the interview. Then I had to give demo.

Language Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berlitz.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a phone interview. During the phone interview, I was asked about teaching experiences, reasons to work for Berlitz, and I had to converse with someone in the language I was about to teach. After that, I was accepted into an online language instruction training, and taught a mock lesson in person and at the center the week after.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berlitz (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with center director. Was told history of company, and current business outline. Two weeks ( 20 hours a week) unpaid online training prior to a teaching audition. Was told there was no set schedule for classes, at students discretion. Overall I was made to understand the difference between a business English school and an Academic English school.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in a year? Five years?" " . . .describe a time a student was critical of your teaching and how you handled it."   1 Answer

I felt the beginning pay was insufficient to justify two weeks of unpaid training and testing. Also there was not enough hours being offered, nor any type of set schedule.

Adult Spanish Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berlitz.

Interview

I was chosen through some on-line applications and interviewed shortly after. After discussing about my background and experience in both English and Spanish, I was explained about the position in detail, possible commitments, training system, important dates and compensation. It was fairly straight forward, and clear to me.

Part-time Language Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Berlitz (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very fast and professional. I was not complicating at all. I was chosen through an on-line applications and they call me the day after. After asking about my background and experience, I was explained about the position, training system and compensation.

Interview Questions

• What is your experiences teaching? Why do you want to teach? Why do you think you will be a good teacher?   Answer Question

Spanish Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Berlitz (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted by the Market Area Instructor Manager within two weeks. We had a first interview over the phone and was also interviewed by another staff member in Spanish to determine if I was a native speaker. After the phone interview I was contacted within a week to start the training process: a full week of online training about the Berlitz method, about 4 hours a day. After the training process I had an appointment to deliver a demonstration lesson in person with the Market Area Instructor Manager. I was contacted via email within 3 days after the in-person lesson with an offer letter. The whole process, from the moment I applied to the offer letter, took about 5-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• - Are you familiar with the Berlitz method?
      - Do you have experience teaching?
      - How would you combine your academic/professional background with your lessons?
      - Questions about your communication ability/experience working with people.
      1 Answer

Language Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berlitz (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

much like an informal conversation about the company.I was interviewed by my potential supervisor about the company, my education background and working experience. Then I was informed to take a week-long training about berlitz method. To demonstrate the teaching techniques.