Big 5 Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

1.8

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big 5 Sporting Goods (Vallejo, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Had the Interview when the store was Closed, walked into a very small Cramped office, sat down spoke about the job position and what it entails, asked about a few of my previous work experience. Didn't ask anything about sports asked if I had any questions asked a few of my own, talked about family and commuting and what not.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to commute? If Hired if you're promoted you'll most likely have to switch stores   1 Answer
    • Can you bring in proof of every employment you have on your resume, and bring in your Diploma?   1 Answer

Order Filler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big 5 Sporting Goods (Riverside, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Filled out an online application and was called about 2 weeks later to do a math test. If you pass the math test, you get interviewed immediately after. If you pass the interview, they will offer you the job and say that they want to hire you. Drug tests and physical tests are scheduled and you wait for the confirmation call from them about your orientation date, which takes about 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous employment and clarified a few points on my application. What my goals are in life. How Big 5 will be able to help achieve or hinder those goals. They didn't really ask those typical interview questions that you may be used to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big 5 Sporting Goods (Glendale, CA).

Interview

I was called in and asked the typical interview questions alongside my knowledge of sports. Overall it was a very normal process although I noticed some hesitancy when asked my previous wage, after that the interview was uncomfortable. The manager never made eye contact which from the start made the interview awkward but also did not distill any confidence in actually wanting the job.

Ware House Assc Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big 5 Sporting Goods in May 2017.

Interview

A Basic Math "Speed & Accuracy Test" given; cannot skip or leave answers blank, counts against you. Then a very vague like employee-to-future employee sit down interview, primarily consisting of ..."Tell me about yourself..."
    Said it will be within two weeks for Final Job Offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around work availability.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Big 5 Sporting Goods (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty relaxed and casual (within reason). They made it as painless as possible to interview and apply. The issues are mostly from their online applications (it can be buggy) and the amount of paperwork they need for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior work experience?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big 5 Sporting Goods (Alameda, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

the interview process was super simple! all the manager asked was my availability and when i would be able to start. i think they were in need of workers because this one of the most straight foward interviews ive ever had. i was hired on the spot and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• how many hours a week are you looking to work?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Big 5 Sporting Goods.

Interview

I applied online, heard back within 3 days and was called to interview in the store. The interview asked simple questions about my resume and myself. Took a quick math test(addition,subtraction). Offered job after interview.

Helpdesk Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big 5 Sporting Goods (Riverside, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a brief interview with someone from Human Resources, which was fairly basic with simple questions. After that there were two members from the technical team who asked about my related experience/skills. All interviewers were reasonable and easy to talk to, and the technical questions were mostly simple and very fair.

Anonymous Employee in Rowland Heights, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big 5 Sporting Goods (Rowland Heights, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was not very intimidating. I talk way too much anyway and with confidence. Good speech skills are very valuable. Hiring was pretty much on the spot

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big 5 Sporting Goods (Reno, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied with big 5 in august before applying I went in and introduced myself to the store manager. I applied that night and received a phone call two days later. Interviewed and was offered a position.