Big Huge Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Big Huge Games

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Big Huge Games in January 2017.

Interview

Very positive experience. Mustafa Thamer handled all the recruitment contact. He is a cool guy with a lot of coding experience and probably the kindest person I have interacted with throughout a job application process.

First there is a questionnaire with a dozen or so programming concept questions, then a short coding challenge, then a phone screen..

Interview Questions

• How does C allocate memory when you call malloc?   Answer Question
    • What is the dot product used for in game programming?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a struct and a class in C++ and in C#?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Timonium, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big Huge Games (Timonium, MD) in February 2011.

Interview

First a non-technical phone screen with a hiring manager, then a 4 hour programming test, which was easily the most real-world-esque and challenging code test I've taken. The onsite interview process was fairly grueling: about 6 panel interviews and skill tests, including whiteboard coding and computer coding. Two of the panels were with artists and designers, rather than fellow developers.

I was greatly impressed by the work environment and the people I spoke with. This is clearly a business that cares about its employees, and goes to great lengths to keep them happy and productive. The company culture seems to be one of cooperation and shared creativity.

Interview Questions

• Describe, in full detail, how CPU caches are organized, including the details of various current processor architectures.   Answer Question