Big R Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Big R Stores

1.4

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streator, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Big R Stores (Streator, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Has been going on a month long process. Had a phone interview, then a face to face with the Area Manager, then brought in to face to face interview with the COO most recently in early June. Was told I would hear back within a weeks time, that was 3 weeks ago. Can only assume the position was filled and they do make decline calls or emails.

Interview Questions

• With the Area manager, it was very laid back, no specific job related questions other than availability. With the COO, it was more steered towards the "Tell me about a time" type of questions. Made you think on your feet. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Big R Stores (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Informal style of interviewing. Definitely felt comfortable and that INITIALLY they seemed genuinely interested in you. Less than an hour each time so it was quick and to the point. First interview was a phone interview. Second Interview was a one on one with the Area Manager. Last interview was with the Area Manger and the Director of Purchasing.

Interview Questions

• They asked if you had ever managed a store to a profit and loss statement before.   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Sales Floor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big R Stores.

Interview

An employee mentioned to the managers that he knew someone who was starting to look for employment and would be a great fit for the store. I was called for an interview, they had me fill out an application during the interview and hired me later that day.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Big R Stores (Pontiac, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by assistant manager,availability to work mixed schedule and weekends important. It was a relaxed interview. I was asked about my last job and reason for leaving. How much experience I had. Once offered the job, they were welcoming to me. Limited budget, therefore low on staffing. There needs to be more education provided for the wide range of products sold. Low on pay scale compared to competitors.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in retail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not negotiations

Reception Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watseka, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big R Stores (Watseka, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

There wasn't an interview. In fact anyone who wishes to apply for employment in Watseka IL has to drive an hour to Rensselaer IN to a staffing agency. They are not professional at all. The HR department is not even educated on mandatory State Employment laws. They favor a few individuals (who know it and break the rules consistently) while others are held accountable who are not "part of the chosen few".

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Big R Stores (Thornton, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

I actually interviewed with someone that would have been my peer, instead of the store manager. Basic questions, which sounded more like a screening. Either way, it was pretty unprofessional to have me interview with someone who could have percieved my experience and skills as something that could have gotten in his way of getting promoted himself.

Clothing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big R Stores in October 2015.

Interview

They needed help and I needed a job, and I also knew someone who worked there who could be a good reference and help get me on. One of the three managers called me and told me I had an interview and told me what time and day. The interview was very easy. Not really any questions, just signed some papers, got a booklet, went upstairs to take a urine drug test, called HQ or something and did an application/interview on the phone with them, they told me that I had the job, I told the manager and that was it. Right after, a cashier was assigned to take me back into the back room and I picked out a Big R top (sweatshirts, short and long sleeve polo shirts, etc.). Very easy. Takes 30-45 minutes max. After that you get your time card, name tag, and radio ear gear.

Firearms Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Michigan City, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Big R Stores (Michigan City, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

basic... why do you want to work here, why should i hire you? It was basic questions, very simple, they didn't seem to be careful with who they hired or cared really what you had to say about anything... almost as if it was just mundane task to complete...

Interview Questions

• general chat outside of the above info.   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pekin, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Big R Stores (Pekin, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

have you done this before, what position are you looking for, would you be able to start immediately, are you interested in store setup, can you operate material handling equipment

Interview Questions

• have you done this type work before   1 Answer