Biggby Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biggby Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Interview

Applied online, went in for interview the next day. They wanted a second interview that also went well, but then a barista came back and they couldn't hire. They recommended me to another location, which I had another interview. I thought that went really well since at the end, the manager said "you'd definitely fit right in. I want to hire you, but I don't have that power so I'm going to recommend you to the owner. We're all rooting for you." Word for word ingrained in my memory. A week went by, and I got a call from the other manager there asking for an interview. When I asked him if this was a second interview or what, he was confused. He had no idea anyone interviewed me. He said to give him ten minutes to figure out what happened. He then called and said "nevermind, we're going another direction." I'm so disgusted with how unprofessional they were. It's a shame, I love Biggby.

Anonymous Employee in Fowlerville, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biggby (Fowlerville, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Pleasant, short, simple, to the point. The owner was the interviewer and he talked with me to get to know my personality and asked questions about customer service. I had to sell a drink to him and convince him that it was the best thing ever, he acted like he had never tried it before and he was new to coffee. After the questions we talked and it was a very informal process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important part of customer service?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Biggby in September 2016.

Interview

Not serious at all manager talked to me about her pets and made dog and cat noises. There were some cool questions in regards to your personality and work ethic. Very laid back. Hires you on the spot much of the time.

Anonymous Employee in Walker, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biggby (Walker, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week or two later to set up an interview. The interview wasn't horrible, but I never will recommend working at this particular location, as the boss is a complete jerk and cheats you with pay etc

Interview Questions

• The owner wanted me to sell an item to him.   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biggby.

Interview

I turned in an application, and roughly 2 weeks later, I was contacted for an interview. They like for you to come in as soon as possible after being contacted over the phone. The in person interview lasted about 30 minutes, and then I was told that I would hear back in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Biggby?   Answer Question
    • We pride ourselves on having conversations with customers, maintain a two-minute conversation with me (the interviewer)   Answer Question

Biggby Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biggby.

Interview

Interview was easy. Applied online and got a call within a couple weeks. Met with the manager at the store and sat one on one. She asked a few questions about myself, my experience and where I see myself in the future. Our interview was maybe 15 minutes. After a couple days I received a call that I had been chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in one year?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Biggby (Lansing, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

First round is a Phone interview. Pretty basic
    Second round is a face to face interview at the corporate office (mine was in the bean bag room) with three people. This one was really about the corporate culture.
    Third round was a face to face interview with a C-level. There were supposed to be two, but one had a conflict and couldn't join. This interview was more like a conversation. We talked about my strengths and what I need to excel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Biggby in September 2015.

Interview

Interveiw process was a little sped up, but they were a little slammed. I was told they were still interviewing and that i might get a call at a later date. After a week passed i thought i hadnt possibly gotten the job so i gave up. I figured it was because i was already employed elsewhere, but then a few days after that they called me to start training. Thats tomorrow!

Interview Questions

• name one positive thing about you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Havent gotten that far yet

Barista Interview

Interview

Put in the application online and was called the next day to set up an interview. At the interview I was given the job on the spot to start the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Biggby (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. My manager asked very simple, open ended questions. Barista work is not rocket science. They assume you don't know how the processes and recipes (I've only had Biggby once prior to interviewing there). The important thing to keep in mind is knowing how to work under pressure and memorizing recipes (makes the drink-making process infinitely easier if you remember it rather than referring to the cheat sheet all the time!).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had multiple tasks at hand and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question