BioFire Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BioFire Diagnostics

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BioFire Diagnostics (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

There were roughly three components to the process.

1. Phone Interview with the team leader and manager
    2. Coding Test
    3. Video Call with most of the software engineering team

The coding test was very well written so it was easy to read and figure out what to do with it. If I recall correctly, they also asked a few more technical questions in the video call. I got the impression the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed.

All the people I spoke with at this company (the Software Engineering team, the Program Manager and the HR reps) were extremely nice and professional.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BioFire Diagnostics (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

There is a phone interview for the first interaction. This interview was about a half hour asking typical interview questions. After this was completed, I waited at least 2 weeks before I heard from them again. They scheduled me for a face to face interview the next day. I went in all dressed up, but had to change immediately into scrubs when I got there. The face to face interview was very short and seemed pointless.

Interview Questions

• The typical interview questions everyone gets. One that I remember is, "Are you good with your hands?".   1 Answer

Lab Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioFire Diagnostics (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2019.

Interview

Glassdoor shouldn't force me to put 30 words here. They called me and asked me questions and then tried to schedule an in person interview next. They asked me what salary I want.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BioFire Diagnostics (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, mostly behavioral questions, a little bit about the job and the company. They said there were 3 testing positions. Manual, mixed manual and automation, and automation, but did not specify which one this application was for. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in person interview with several groups including the PM's, devs, QA, and the QA manager. I originally though this was a mixed manual/automation job. The description lead with, "Automation and/or manual testing". The preferred skills also included c# knowledge. I was super excited about this position, it seemed like a great opportunity. When I got there, at the end of the second group interview, they asked me if I knew what the position was for. I quoted the job description, then I asked if they knew. They didn't tell me until the 3rd group interiew started. It was a manual job. Which is great and all, but I just wish they told me that during the initial phone screening. Towards the end of the interview, the interviewer seemed a little angry because I talked about my interests in testing hardware, software, and automation. He basically said it wasn't a software company and I shouldn't classify it as such. I guess I just assumed it had to do with software since the job title is "Software Test Engineer". My only advice is to be very, very, very careful with job descriptions and titles.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioFire Diagnostics (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

Throughout the interview you meet with several research associates. You also meet with several PhD's in a sequence of short 15 minute interviews. You meet with 2 PhD's at a time in some of the interviews and others just 1. Your host will give you a brief look at the research facility.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep a lab notebook neat?   Answer Question
    • Often working in a lab can be repetitious, what experiences have you had that have helped you in a repetitious process?   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BioFire Diagnostics in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled a phone interview quickly: within a week or two.
    I was contacted for an initial telephone interview by a member of the HR team. The interview felt like an inquisition into every letter of my resume rather than a conversation about the current position and my qualifications. The HR interviewer seemed to be arbitrarily filtering people up front, based on work history.

Technical Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BioFire Diagnostics in March 2018.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted within a couple of days for a phone interview. I was able to set up the interview using an online scheduling app, which was great. However, I was not impressed with the recruiter I spoke with. She ran down a list of boiler plate questions and didn't react at all to my answers or engage or follow up--she just moved on to the next question. Her final question was "Please tell me about your experience and what you would bring to this role and why we should hire you," all of which had already been covered in her previous questions. She also wasn't able to answer basic questions about the position. I realize she was probably just a gatekeeper there to weed out any obvious non-contenders, but I was really unimpressed with the experience. I was also told that if I hadn't heard from them within two weeks to call in (isn't it her job to call me?) and it ultimately took nearly 3 months between the phone interview and finally receiving a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Previous related experience, example of when I have tackled a problem at work, examples of how I stay organized, best part about my current position, what salary do you expect to earn   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BioFire Diagnostics (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with the Account Manager for the first interview. He asked about my on the job experience. Told me about the company: pay, benefits, manager, hours. Took me on a building tour. Explained how it is a growing company. He said he loved his job.

Scientist Interview

Interview

I applied online and heard back within the week through e-mail. I scheduled a phone interview the next week. The phone interview was about 20 minutes. It covered what I knew about the company to specifics about my background and how it applied to the job.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BioFire Diagnostics (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

Some stupid questions, but for the most part it was straight to the job expectations and questions about my experience. It was not extremely structured, but helpful in that I was sent to many other scientists for individual interviews. It gave me a chance to ask questions and see what other scientists did on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• 1. Can you write manuscripts for publication?
      2. What animal best describes your personality?
      3. What would you do if you could not work as a scientist anymore?   1 Answer