BioGenex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BioGenex Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioGenex.

Interview

I didn't want to believe the negative reviews left on glassdoor about this company, but the unprofessionalism is very true.

Format: Application - Questionnaire - Phone Interview - In Person interview

After the phone interview, I received an unexpected and very rushed email to show up for an onsite interview the next day. I politely replied that I could not make it due to prior commitments and provided alternate dates, but from the interviewer's response, it was clear that the interviewer was not happy about this. The interviewer then asked me to provide specific availability times for the next week, which I did promptly and never heard back.

Apparently, professionalism and honoring your prior commitments are not valued here.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BioGenex (Fremont, CA).

Interview

I initially had a very rushed and unexpected phone interview from one of the scientists asking me about my background and my knowledge of the company and its products/services. He was kind of brusque on the phone, but he eventually scheduled me for an on site interview later on in the week. I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people (including the person who conducted the phone interview) and they proceeded to ask me about my background and then quizzed me about the steps of certain experiments that I had performed in the past.

They then asked me if I had any experience performing tissue embedding and staining and seemed very shocked and even scoffed at me (and became progressively more rude) when I told them that I did not, even though it is clearly not listed on my resume, and I even stated in my cover letter that I did not have experience with it but was eager to learn. They also asked me if I could work overtime and occasionally on the weekends if I got the position. Honestly, they were all quite rude and just seemed very condescending.

At the end of the interview, they asked if I knew where the exit was and then basically dismissed me while they all stayed behind in the meeting room. I eventually got a call back to come in for a second interview, but I declined because the environment of the office and the attitudes of the interviewers were so terrible. I honestly think that I would have been miserable working there, especially considering that the interviewers did not look very happy themselves.

Interview Questions

• How long do you think it would take you to be trained?   1 Answer

BioGenex Response

Apr 28, 2016 – Talent Acquisition & Employee Relations

I'm saddened to hear that you had a negative experience in the past interviewing with us. In our hiring efforts we often times do move quickly to schedule phone interviews with candidates that we are... More

Cell Pathology/Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BioGenex (San Ramon, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I was given an in person interview right after I applied online to the job. The interview was fairly straightforward. They asked for in-depth details about the skills on my resume and my past work experience. Their job posting on Biospace was misleading. The position was described as an entry level 'no-industry' experience required and the only qualifications along with a degree in a related field was being able to follow an SOP. Impressions of the staff and management were that they were knowledgeable but condescending. When the interview started they did not introduce themselves or their positions within the company or tasks/skills the position required other than "intensive lab work".

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know the steps in a process that I had listed in my resume.   Answer Question

BioGenex Response

Apr 28, 2016 – Talent Acquisition & Employee Relations

Thank you for your review of the interviewing process. Although I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience, I appreciate that you commented so that we may improve upon our process. Based... More

Cell Pathology Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BioGenex (Fremont, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

i applied online and got a call. I had a phone interview for approx 15 mins and then was called for onsite interview the same day.
    I had an interview with two employees. They did not introduce themselves or talk more about the company or their roles. Questions were more resume based. They were more focussed on the salary and were not ready to negotiate. Finally, they told me i was overqualified and will keep my resume on file if future opportunities might come up.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Just general information about my background and experiences.   Answer Question

Cell Pathology Technician/Histotechnician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BioGenex (Fremont, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I got a call to schedule an interview and then came in the following week to interview.

Interview Questions

• All they asked me was about my experience- no personality questions such as 'give me an example of a time when...' or 'what is your greatest strength or weakness.' It was just what do you have experience doing. They expected me to have extensive experience but then when it came time to talk about compensation, they said 'this is an entry level job so we can only offer $18/hour' They also asked if I can work overtime and on weekends. Seems like the company demands long hours right off the bat, which is disappointing because their website is so promising with talking about work-life balance and helping their employees make a plan for their careers.
      This Indian man showed me into the room and this Chinese lady walked in afterwards and neither of them introduced themselves. I wasn't given details of my job or who my supervisors would be and they didn't ask me if I had any questions at the end- which at that point, I didn't care to ask any questions anymore. And to top it all off, I showed myself out the door.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BioGenex.

Interview

job interview was one-on-one with several managers. Typical interview process - read the resume, asked questions, talked more aobut their experience, and less about mine. Had a site tour and saw some of the instruments in operation.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave your present employment? Nothing exceptional.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. There was a verbal offer, and then a written offer.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BioGenex.

Interview

Written test for half an hour and Interview type of 1:1 for 45 mins to 1 hour. written test was pretty simple and anybody can answer the general questionaries on aptitude. Interview concentrated on the educational background, BioGenex product applications basics, personal interview questions etc.,

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BioGenex (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Telephonic interview, walk in interview and final written test. They had asked more questions about the instrumentation and trouble shooting process that i follow, given me a brief explanation about the biogenex equipment's. First HR has completed the interview and the head of Field service engineer has completed the interview.

Interview Questions

• basic general questions regarding medical equipment and about Biogenex equipments.   1 Answer

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BioGenex (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

There is no proper process of interview. I was called more than 5 times for interview and it took them more than 2 months to hire me. HR team is very unprofessional.

Negotiation

DON'T join this company.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BioGenex (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

All details were clearly discussed