BioMarin Pharmaceutical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BioMarin Pharmaceutical

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

Very smooth. Interview was an hour long. 30 min with hiring manager and 30 min with senior associates. They went over the job description and how I would fit in with the team. I had a good time!

Interview Questions

• Know your resume and the job requirements (technical aspects of the job as well) and you will be fine. They asked me the concept behind anion exchange chromatography.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Rafael, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I have met more than 8 people, they were all very respectful and professional. It was not difficult at all if you know what are you doing. The HR conducted everything and I came in from across state. Hiring manager was very understanding. It was a great experience.

Negotiation

Smooth

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

a waste of time as they were not interested in me because I am not local, but flew me from the East Coast to interview me. Interviewed for a position that previously had a high rate of turnover which is a red flag. Senior Leadership seemed unsure of himself.

Statistical Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

20 min phone interview. HR is not efficient in scheduling the interview and gave the wrong time to the manager.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

My initial contact with the company (via a recruiter) was a 30-minute telephone interview with the hiring manager and one of his reports. They gave me a brief overview of the program and the position, and they asked me about my experience. Based on that, I was invited for an on-site interview the next week. At the on-site interview, I met individually with everyone in the group that I would be working with, including the director and VP. They asked pointed questions about my experience (as it related to the position) and behavioral questions as well. A large component to the hiring decision seems to be "fit." I was impressed by the employees' friendliness and enthusiasm for their jobs, and left excited at the prospect. I was pleasantly surprised to hear back the very next business day with an offer. They move fast when they're looking to fill a position, so apply quickly!

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a time when you encountered interpersonal conflict in the workplace, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The job description was extremely clear about what the organization expected from the IT Intern, with project level details. My experience and education matched well with the job requirements, so I applied.

I had a group interview with the ERP Director and CSV (Computer Systems Validation) on board. The interview was conversational in nature aimed at exploring my experience relevant to the job requirement. Both interviewers were helpful in explaining the position to me and what they expected to achieve over the limited timeframe of the summer internship. Detailed technical questions were asked about the software platforms I worked in and the projects in general.

This was followed by a HR interview with regular behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Since you already have the kind of experience required for the job, what learning opportunities does this job present to you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

Applied Online, interviewed with HR, followed by two interviews in my department

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview felt laid-back and casual. It was more discussion-based rather than me answering a bunch of questions. I got a tour of the quality control lab too.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous coursework and experience
      Asked what I knew about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

4 hour process, met with multiple teams. All of the teams were quite nice and accommodating; everyone mentioned how much they love BioMarin. Each of the teams seemed to be focused on a different aspect of what they would want in an intern.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

The process was quick. Phone interview, on site the next week, started checking reference the day after, got the offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Very typical questions. Both behavioral and skill sets and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were accommodating and fair. All parties were happy with the out come.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA).

Interview

Hiring and interview process was pretty straight forward. HR emailed me to schedule a in person interview. There was no phone screen by the hiring manager. Most employees who interviewed were quite nice but ill prepared for the interview. The process was pretty disorganized.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Most of the interview were related to how my previous employer accomplished tasks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was easy and straight forward.