BioMarin Pharmaceutical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BioMarin Pharmaceutical

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

Very quick interview process with several days in between the phone and on-site interviews. Pleasant experience on-site with two panels lasting one hour. Received and accepted offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Explain lab techniques you're familiar with   1 Answer

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

Received an email approximately two months after applying to schedule a phone screen. The pandemic had put things on pause for a bit, which is understandable. Everything else in terms of the process was in accordance to their hiring process outlined on their careers website. It was an honest and transparent process. Great team!

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and took the time to really get to know my experiences and skills   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

3 stage interview first one was by phone followed by an on site interview, first with the shift supervisor then with the area lead and finally with an off shift supervisor. All asked similar questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

Steps in the process were:
    Phone call with HR - basic phone screen (why was I interested, high level background)
    Phone call with hiring manager - describe the position/company, some of my experience
    Onsite interview - mostly describing my resume, explaining projects I've completed, a few typical interview questions (why biomarin, why are you looking to switch, etc.)

Interview Questions

• What QC processes have I developed for automated equipment   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

30 min interview about the position and how the day to day process would like. They asked me about my experience. Most of the time the interviewer was talking, I only talked for 10 mins,

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Received a phone screen from a recruiter to go over general requirements, potential fit, perks etc. Later in the week they scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager where we discussed aspects of the job, the career field and my experience. We also discussed the specifics of the role itself. It was very conversational which I thought was a good sign!

A couple of weeks later I’m invited for an on-site half day interview where I met with a Talent Advisor to go over what the company offers in terms of equity, benefits etc. I then met with 3 or 4 stakeholders to learn about their needs and how they view procurement/sourcing and what they were looking for in a new sourcing partner.

After that I met with the hiring manager face to face for about an hour and a half where discussed the procurement field more in depth as well. We spent a lot of time talking about the company’s growth and how the procurement field was going to grow with it.

The experience was overall very positive. It was clear the stakeholders really cared about what they do.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions I received were about my experience being a procurement and sourcing lead on projects. They also asked a lot about dealing the stakeholders who don’t agree with your procurement decisions and how I go about convincing them to buy in.   Answer Question

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency, I was set up with an interview within a week, so turn around time was quick. The staffing agency sent me the necessary logistics of the interview, however the interface system that is used seems to be automated. I arrived to the site right on time in fact 30-40 minutes early, the address that was given to me was incorrect. The location I was given had a gate which required keying into, luckily there was a number on the intercom which I called and was given some sense of direction. The building I was directed to seemed to be under construction and I had a hard time finding the entrance. I circled nearly almost the whole building until I finally found the entrance. This was somewhat annoying already considering it was a hot day, I showed up nearly sweating and 5 min late. The managers were already waiting for me at the lobby, the room where the interview was taken by someone so we walked around for a good 10 minutes until we ended up having the interview outside. The interview was fairly easy, I was given about 6 questions between a few managers, that lasted about 30 minutes. Then their staff members, other QC analysts interviewed me as well. This is something I liked as it really gave me a sense of the team personality. However, I will say that they need to train their staff for interactions in interviews. I had one member who asked me inappropriate questions pertaining to my marital status, not only that but when asked questions it seemed like I was being interrogated which made the interview feel a bit awkward and unprofessional. The interview was pretty easy but it just felt unorganized and as if there was lack of communication.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

My interview was thorough and gave me a lot of insight as to what the job entails. The interviewer asked me very situational questions that allowed me to showcase my work ethic and personality.

Interview Questions

• Specify a time when you had to make a difficult decision in a work-related setting and elaborate on how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

Relatively easy interview process that had 4 interviewers come to you in 30 minute rotations. A couple of the interviewers focused on explaining the mission of the company while others asked for more technical experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

I submitted a resume at a local career fair and was contacted shortly thereafter to setup an video interview. The interview was comprised of prerecorded questions that had to be answered with in a short time period. You essentially had to talk to yourself as the interview.