BioMarin Pharmaceutical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BioMarin Pharmaceutical Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2017

2.8

Clinical Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

Went through two rounds of phone interviews before making it to the in-person round. This consisted of about 6 hours worth of interviews, split into four different interviews with several directors. The people I met with were condescending, interrupted me, continually asked how I made it as far as I have being so young in my field. The head director of the department asked me this question during my final interview, “Who was your favorite person you met with today and why? Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone!” This is not only extremely unprofessional, but highly unethical. When they informed me they were not moving forward with me as a candidate, they shared the reason being was that “the general consensus was that you were too positive. And the fact that you didn’t have an example of a big mistake shows you’re not stretching yourself.” Very odd interview with condescending feedback. Would hate to see how they treat employees after seeing how they treat interviewees.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite interview. Onsite interview was split into 5 different ones, each with either one or two colleagues. The whole process took almost 3 hours. Similar questions were asked at each interview, mostly behavioral. Interview process was long but the company did not get back on the results of the interview with an email even after follow up.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe a situation where there was a conflict of interests in a team and how I responded to it   Answer Question
    • They asked mostly questions on work management and response to tough situations   Answer Question

Research Associate I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

Got a phone interview after about 2 weeks from application submission date. The interviewer asked me to provide 3 references afterwards. A week later, I was offered an on-site interview. They got back to me within a few days after the on-site interview and extended the offer to me.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in a team?   Answer Question
    • What would a good day at work look like for you? How about a bad day?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how your current skill set makes you a qualified candidate for this position   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical.

Interview

a waste of time as they were not interested in me because I am not local, but flew me from the East Coast to interview me. Interviewed for a position that previously had a high rate of turnover which is a red flag. Senior Leadership seemed unsure of himself.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Interview

Candid and low key. They were nice and explained the process and job thoroughly. The hiring manager was particularly insightful. It seems like a good company to work for and I hope I get a face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online in the year of 2016. Got replied in January. I was expected to have a 30 min interview but it is actually a 15 min phone interview. The interviewer is kind and friendly. It's a pleasure to have a conversation with him.

QA Automaton Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview started out with a typical phone screen from HR and a phone interview with the hiring manager. I flew out to Novato from the East Coast for an all-day interview. The hiring manager was not at the interview. I asked HR if I could connect with the hiring manager via Skype after the interview but that request must've fallen on deaf ears. Most of the interviewers were nice and they asked a combination of technical and behavior-based questions. One of the interviewers, who would've been my future co-worker, was extremely rude (folding my resume as I talked, faking an interest in what I was saying, not accepting alternative view points or ways of doing things). As usual, no follow up from HR despite the fact I reached out to them after the interview. Not impressed. Even if offered the position, I would've rejected it. Complete waste of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the company's website. After about a week, they called me back and wanted to set up a phone screening. They provided me with a date and time for my screening. The date and time came and I didn't receive a call. I called them to find out what the situation was and they told me to await a call back. Several days later I received a call on a Sunday afternoon to do my phone interview on the spot. It ended with them telling me I'd receive a call back for an in person interview. That call back never occurred. I'm pretty sure their HR department is a mess.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation in which a co-worker disagreed with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Was relatively easy and straightforward, interviewed three weeks after a phone screening. Three sets of interviewers asking behavioral and technical questions. Everyone was friendly and polite, and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a mistake you've made and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BioMarin Pharmaceutical (Novato, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I found out about this opportunity through a staffing agency. Phone screening followed by an in-person with four different managers. Everything took quite a long time and they didn't reject me until three weeks after my in person interview. Nothing was too difficult and I was shocked I didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer