Biomat USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Biomat USA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Biomat USA.

Interview

This is from a long time ago at a Utah location. I HOPE it's improved or expanded since my review below.

I wanted to be hired as a phlebotomist (I had training). The two guys interviewing me insisted during the interview that they didn't have openings "yet" but after working in the lab awhile I could move positions.

That was a bunch of bull which my coworkers let me in on after starting in the lab. They said I was likely stuck there (I had to do TONS of training for the lab). I was so pissed. I didn't want to work in a negative 30 degree freezer, packing 50lb boxes forever.

Not only that, but it seems like 90% of the employees smoke, and they all gather by the employee entrance. Every time I came or left the building I had to walk through a giant cloud. The break room is too small. There aren't enough lockers for staff. It's an old, run down building.

There is no room for advancement or changing positions at this place (unless you earn a degree first). And they pay is below average.

I quit after 3 months, which is unlike me.

If you want to work at a high quality plasma donation center, Biolife is the place to go. It's 100 times better.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me what I was expecting to be paid.   1 Answer

Center Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Biomat USA (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

A very comprehensive and thorough process, which was very impressive! I applied online and was contacted about two weeks later by a recruiter. I had two local interviews then they brought me in to a local site for a tour and to address any questions I had. They then flew me out to Dallas where I gave a presentation/case scenario to management and directors both over the phone and in person simultaneously. Upon returning home, I had another phone interview with a regional director in California who was extremely pleasant. I went over my case scenario again as he was unable to make it to the first one, and then that interview was over. The recruiter was AWESOME and was always available to answer questions and provide updates. He advised me that an offer letter was being prepared and what the next steps would be. They ALL were organized, pleasant, polite and it was a fantastic reflection on the company as a whole. When the offer letter was emailed to me, it was done electronically along with all the forms needed to fill out (and a deadline) such as tax forms, direct deposit, code of conduct, dress code, holidays, insurance etc. I have worked for some stellar companies in my past, but if this is any reflection on how they operate daily, I absolutely cannot wait to begin my time there! Bravo to all! The interview process is not only one designed to see if the candidate fits the company, BUT if the candidate likes what they see in the company, and they truly exceeded my expectations!

Interview Questions

• Too many to list, but mostly: Tell us about a mistake you've made in the past and how you resolved it, and what you learned. Tell us about your management style, how long do you plan on working here, why do you want to work here, what do you know about the company. Very standard questions anyone applying for management should know how to answer appropriately. Prepared the case study according to the scoring rubric they provide; they literally give you a "hint" as to what they want you to address in the scoring rubric.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Biomat USA (Clarksville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

Fairly painless and to the point. Seemed nice enough pretty generic questions. Didn't get a very good vibe from the initial meeting. Maybe it was just nerves on my end.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Testing Technologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Biomat USA.

Interview

There was only one interview and it was easy. They will give you a tour of the lab if they think you are a good candidate. Then, you will be phone screened by HR. Overall, the process is easy. If you want to impress, then ask questions about the processes and attributes that will make you a successful technician.

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biomat USA (South Bend, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online it took about 2 days to recieve a call to come in for an interview. They asked me basic questions such as my work history, and why I wanted to work for them. Mind you I was going to school for Phlebotomy and I really liked the field.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a co-worker and you didn't get along?   2 Answers

Center Medical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Biomat USA (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Typical interview. Typical questions. After the interview they have to verify your credentials, run a background check, you must have a drug screen, and they send that all to HR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biomat USA.

Interview

Felt like a joke interview, and waste of time. Interviewers looked like they didn't want to be there and looked distracted. When asked about salary they low balled the average of that position.

Center Medical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Biomat USA (Des Moines, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

Company is very unorganized with recruiters from out of state constantly calling. One called asking how my interview had gone when my interview was the next day. Another had given me a bunch of information about perks to this job that turned out to be false. The branch in Des Moines has no form of management at the moment and the HR person told me that they are so short staffed that they will probably be cutting hours and shortening how long they are open. I waited almost an hour past the time of my scheduled interview and during my interview was taken to a tiny room that had been stuffed full of junk that had just enough space for her to sit at a desk and me to sit next to her.

Interview Questions

I don't feel like there is any job security here. Plus I feel like I was being asked to quit school to work more for their company.

Anonymous Employee in Clearfield, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Biomat USA (Clearfield, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

Just your typical interview. Nothing to fancy or out of the ordinary. Asked a few questions. Asked if i had questions. Asked how my previous work experience would help me grow in the company

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking to make?   1 Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Biomat USA.

Interview

There were multiple interviews in the hiring process. Interviews were quite informal and basically consisted of casual conversation. Questions are open ended and behavioral type of questions so you will have to reference your past experiences and how you handled different situations. There was an initial interview with the Center Manager and then a secondary with Regional Management and General Management.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult manager you ever worked with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much negotiation for pay. An hourly salary with a possible bonus was offered.