Birchbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Birchbox

2.8

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Birchbox (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applicants must complete a lengthy photo test before allowed to submit application. Met with 4 people back to back in the office. Office was extremely busy. Recruiter was first line of contact and than set me up with meeting rest of team.

Interview Questions

• About e-commerce experience   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Birchbox.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with hiring lead, invited to the office for interviews with two employees (one a manager and one a colleague), sent an excel-based project 24 hours in advance of in-person interview

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job in 5 years, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Birchbox (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward. Each step of the way team members were very consistent in communicating follow up steps and expectations for the position (which I really appreciated).

I went through an initial phone interview with HR, then a follow up phone interview with the team lead. I was then asked to complete a short skill assessment.

Afterwards, I was brought in for in-person interviews with multiple team members from an assortment of management levels.

All in all, the process was good compared to other experiences I have had interviewing at other retail companies.

Interview Questions

• I felt initial interviews were more to get a feel for technical proficiency. Follow up interviews had more of a culture fit feel (personality questions & "walk me through your resume" etc.).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Birchbox (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted my cover letter and resume online and received an email 2-3 weeks after my submission. Email stated they normally conduct phone interviews first, but that I was a 'high potential' candidate and they wanted to bring me into their offices. So, arrived and they were conducting multiple interviews that day. Checked in, waited for my interview, had a quick 30 minute chat, and left.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that surprising... Why BirchBox? Why Beauty?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Birchbox (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Called in for an in-person interview - met with HR, then manager. Was given a test upon arrival about what I would do in a certain situation. I was called back to come in the next day to meet with another manager after completing an Excel test. Went over the test and then met with the CEO to talk high level business at Birchbox.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a brand being late in delivering the samples we need to go in the boxes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Birchbox (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Efficient and quick. The process was pretty simple from start to finish. They asked you pretty straightforward questions and had an on site excel assessment. Wasnt confusing. I was given an offer in less than two weeks. I was able to meet a few people and get a tour of the office. I also interviewed with the CEO. The CEO calls everyone. It was interesting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BIRCHBOX?   1 Answer

Planning Interview

Interview

Applied through their website. Then was reached out to for a few phone calls with the team, nothing too bad. Then HR called and let me know I got the job. The whole process took about 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Birchbox (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

A huge waste of time. Spent 3 and a half weeks interviewing and made it to the final step of an assessment. Spent a week looking it over and then sent me some automated email saying they were proceeding with another candidate. I guess it's a blessing in disguise those, they will most likely be bought out by a bigger company in about a year or so. Too unstable. Some advice to you Birchbox: Speed up your hiring process...I mean you're not established like a Google or Microsoft.

Interview Questions

• Why Birchbox? In depth about business model. Run through resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Birchbox (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process is LONG (and I was told that mine was on the fast side after interviewing with 8 people in a month). Interviews were long because you had to meet with multiple people per interview. Very difficult to get hired at Birchbox. They will wait you out until they find the absolute best candidate. They also take a long time to reply to applications.

Interview Questions

• The question I got in EVERY interview was, "Tell me about a time you failed."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Birchbox (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online then got an email a few days later asking to set up a quick call. Phone interview was quick and painless, typical questions. Then I was sent an Excel project to complete within 24 hours and send back. That was fairly simple if you know what you're doing. After that, I got a call to come in the following week and meet with 3 other managers. The interviews were so so so casual, almost too casual and it turned me off completely. One girl googled interview questions to ask me and was reading them off of her sheet, saying she's never done this before and has no idea what to do. Another interviewer asked really analytical math questions, which was definitely not even close to the position I was applying to. There was some major confusion with the schedule and I didn't get a chance to meet with the HR lady who set this all up. Overall, so unprofessional. I love a casual interview, but this was almost a joke. I totally get that it's a start up company and they have tons of faults & errors, but hiring new members should be a somewhat serious task!