Black Diamond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Operator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Magna, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Black Diamond (Magna, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Really laid back they will show you around the building and explain how everything works. Piece of advice be very interested and intrigued by the product and the process, if you do that chances are good you will get the job

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for black diamond?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told starting pay would be 11 all though it is higher now, and asked if i would be able to work 10 hour shifts 4 days a week. Then I was asked when I could start

Apparel Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Black Diamond (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted the next day by phone. Participated in a phone interview, then was asked to fly to headquarters to interview in person. Interviewed for 6 hours at headquarters, presented my portfolio to two different panels, participated in an illustration test. Overall was a very positive experience.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Black Diamond (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

Earlier this year I interviewed for a marketing role with Black Diamond. I participated in two phone interviews, followed by six hours of in-person interviews at the BD HQ. Lastly, I had a follow up call with the hiring manager. In general the staff was professional, however some of the questions were more focused on creating a "gotcha" dynamic, rather then being rigorous and meaningful to the discussion.

Also, I was never informed whether they selected someone else as a candidate. I had a normal follow-up email exchange with the hiring manager, then heard nothing. I reached out about a month later and was told that they were still deciding and that they would get back to me. They did not. After participating in a total of eight interviews over the course of two months, I expected that the common courtesy was to at least wrap up the process with an email notifying me that another applicant was selected. As a fan of the brand, I was disappointed by this experience. I had higher expectations for how I believe a company should operate.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Black Diamond (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very quick and it seemed liked they wanted to hire me before the interview. I wished they had talked more about the culture of the company in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work situation you had with an employee and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Black Diamond (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and felt like I was just having a regular conversation with a friend talking about my interests and why I wanted to work at BD. I had a phone interview, a one on one interview, and then a group interview that was basically just with the manager I would be reporting to and someone in HR to make sure there were no major red flags. Both interviews didn't last more than 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Black Diamond in January 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with individuals from several departments within the organization. Each were cordial and asked questions relevant to their field of expertise. The format varied from one on one interviews to group interviews with as many as five or six from a team posing questions.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Black Diamond (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

8 hours through the ringer. I met with everyone in the department, and a VP from a different department. For a coordinator position no less. Part of me thinks that was a good way of doing it. The other part thinks it was over the top. Luckily they don't do it like this anymore.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Black Diamond.

Interview

I initially applied for a content manager position, which I was not chosen for. However, that interview process was a very positive experience. The hiring manager took me out for a beer and really drilled down on who I was. When I wasn't offered the position, he said he wanted to keep in touch.

I later saw the social coordinator position, asked him about the position, and was introduced to the digital manager. Again it was a good interview experience. The initial contact was through email, and then a call to discuss the position, and what made me a fit. They were gearing up for a reboot of their digital and asked questions about how I manage content, planning and analytics. One thing that piqued their interest was outside the box concepts and an urgency to get ahead of the social landscape.

He mentioned he was interested in bringing me in, and said he had a lot of travel coming up, and it could be a little while before anything could happen. After that there was a long communication gap (approx. 2 months).

When I was contacted again, I had already started at another position, but still accepted the invite for in-person interviews. For the interviews, there were three back-to-back interviews with two of the major marketing stakeholders in each interview. Their questions were mostly around: how would you shape/build the social presence of BD? They drilled down on what approach for each channel would be, i.e., Instagram, Twitter, etc. how to attract the younger audience, and how to manage community comments.

I was offered the position, but unfortunately had to turn it down, as I was still fresh in my new job.

Interview Questions

Already in another company by the time the offer came through.

Dealer Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Black Diamond (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews: one at the office, and one as a "lunch". The office interview was a 1:1 where I was asked a series of questions. I felt at ease and the hiring manager was kind and welcoming.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black Diamond.

Interview

The interview was very basic and not very skill-based. There were eight questions in the interview, with many not referring to the position itself. Interviewer called late--made me uninterested immediately. A bit inconsiderate.