Blackapple Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blackapple Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackapple Solutions (Bellevue, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

You come in and they ask you a few questions about your gaming background, most of the interview is spent taking a test to evaluate your ability to play games and write step by step instructions to help someone trace your exact steps to find a glitch in the game. I got contacted for this job based on my resume which has no game testing experience on it, but I will say you should be familiar and comfortable with console games and Xbox live to do well here. The three game types I dealt with in the interview were a racing game, a soccer game, and a first person shooter. I am not sure if they use these same three for everyone or if it varies from interviewee to interviewee. I put that I have not gotten an offer, but I do not know if I will yet because the interview was earlier this week. They said I will not know if I am hired for 2 weeks, but this form will not let me put nothing in the field for whether I received an offer. The woman I interviewed with said it is likely that I will get the job.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about my gaming history, what games I had played and how recently.   Answer Question

Game Tester/Localization Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackapple Solutions (Bellevue, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

The basic process consisted of informing me about the job, the pay, and the hours, and then sticking me in front of an Xbox 360 with a couple of sheets of instructions to see whether I could follow them. In addition, for the localization part, I was given a piece of text in the relevant language to translate (back) into English. Straightforward enough, were it not for the fact the Blackapple employees came across as extremely disorganized. I got the impression they'd very recently been tossed into the job of recruiting testers and were still finding their own feet, and at least one of them came off as distinctly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any questions, but relied on the skills test using the 360.   Answer Question

Human Judge for Search Engine Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blackapple Solutions (Bellevue, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Questions and answers with a group of applicants in the same room. They asked on by one after they told us what the client was looking for and wanted to know what we did.

Game Tester Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blackapple Solutions.

Interview

When I was contacted by this company they would not give me a whole lot of information of the job/contract. They would give me details on what was expected and what type looked for, but not what tester I would be, or what company. Where most places Ive worked with on getting testing contracts they would provide all that information. Any time I asked on the phone for more details all they would say is "come in for the interivew they will tell you more"

When I came in for the interview they handed me a paper with questions, and after I filled it out THEN ASKED all the questions. Nothing showing how much experiance I had, what Ive already been trained doing, etc.

When it was time to talk about Rates....I have been a tester for 3 years and worked hard to gain the rates Ive earned. They made a WRITTEN AGREEMENT my rates would be $14 hourly.

Later down this process i guess APPARENTLY I got hired but no one told me. I show up to a meeting, and I dont know why I am even there. When they brought up the rates and everyone in that room is there for $10. I had a private conversation with the guy about it, and showing him the email he COMPLETELY DENIED that agreement. Telling me unless I know another language I will not get paid $14 even though that was a rate they comfrimed with me.

They did a total bait in switch.

Interview Questions

• Do you know a another language?   1 Answer

IT Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackapple Solutions in February 2013.

Interview

Blackapple Solutions worked as a hiring agency for another consulting company. They didn't ask any professional question, just asked me to accept the level of payment offered by consulting company which Blackapple Solutions presented me to.

Interview Questions

• There was no real interview - only the level of payment was discussed.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blackapple Solutions (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I got a phone call. From the beggining I did not understand who is calling and from which company. I had a very unlear phone conversation with someone who doesnt really speak English. Many phone calls one after the other. Asking for immediate email response. Recruiters notable not really understand what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• Quastions about languages level and availabity   1 Answer

Read the opinions on glassdoor

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackapple Solutions (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

play the xbox, two games, after that you should translate an article into English. Only this two steps no more questions.no difficult and just relax relax relax relax relax relax . ...................................................

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blackapple Solutions (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Just asked me about my self and some other technical questions , they need so many of people at that time they hired me.
    Asked me about my previous employer and why I left the job.
    They will check your comm skills only , technically they will train you.