Blackstone Technology Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 21, 2016

2.9

Senior Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group (Arlington, VA).

Interview

-Initial phone interview with recruiter
    -In person interview
    Blackstone recruiter was phenomenal. Made me feel very comfortable throughout the whole process and was extremely approachable. I knew exactly what to expect because he laid out the entire interview process and provided background on who would be interviewing me as well as company benefits prior to the in person interview. One great thing about Blackstone is everyone is so very kind, and that shines through in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and what you are interested in doing next.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group (Arlington, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with three senior executives on the day of the interview for a 2+ hour interview process. I found them to be professional, well spoken, understanding of the environment/space they service.

Ultimately, we couldn't come to terms salary-wise I found this to be a company I'd be happy to work with in the future.

Wish them the best of luck and I'm sure they'll do great things in the future.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate your knowledge of the customer base they serve   1 Answer

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Got an interview through the career fair at my school. Laid back style of interview with some behavioral questions followed by a case. The interviewers were very nice guys and helpful, allowed for the process to be stress-free.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group (Reston, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

This company contacted me about the position. When we got in touch, the recruiter asked me if I could resend my resume as he could not find it. He said he'd call me right back. I sent it right away, and he didn't call me back that day. When I called the next business day, he made some excuse that he just saw my email, but that he'd need to review it and then call me in about a half hour. I waited and no phone call came. I'm not certain what the purpose of this recruiter was to call me and have me to keep chasing him down. Each time we spoke, he made some excuse about needing more time to review my resume. Just strange.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group.

Interview

I was handed a test booklet and left alone in a room for half an hour to solve the questions. After the half hour an interviewer came to go over my answers with me. The questions varied from SQL specific questions to more genera algorithm implementations.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group in April 2015.

Interview

I got an employee referral, a recruiter called me shortly after, he was a nice guy and scheduled me for a technical phone interview with the project manager of whom I would've been working with. The interview was done through GoToMeeting.com where he shared his screen with me to ask questions. It was over an hour long and fairly difficult. After that the recruiter said he would call me back to let me know if I made it to the next round. When he didn't call for a week I emailed him asking if he was still going to call. He said yes but never did. I asked again and he never responded.

Interview Questions

• Given small tables, write a simple SQL statement that will give a selected output table.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview and onsite. 30 min phone. 3 hour onsite. Recruiting manager, account manager, and fellow recruiter. A lot of what have you been doing, why do you think this would be a good fit, where do you see yourself professional. All that good stuff.

Interview Questions

• Who's more important, the candidate or the client?   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Interview

30 minute written test and some short questions about resume.
    After answering all the written questions, the interviewer came back into the room to ask about my thought process. Then, he proposed followup questions to each.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a Blackstone rep during a career fair. I was contacted a week later for an on campus interview which consisted of a four question test. Then, there was an onsite superday where you get interviewed with four workers. Each interviewer asks one technical question followed by one behavioral question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blackstone Technology Group.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. They gave me a piece of paper with a few questions and 30 minutes to finish it. They asked me about myself and went through my resume. The entire process was around an hour long.