Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

TDT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (Roanoke, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and streamlined. the interviewers made me feel very comfortable and were well informed for answering the questions I had for them. Throughout the process their HR division kept in contact and kept me informed of where I was in the process from interview to hire. Solid questions and a simple process for on-boarding!

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time and multiple task assignments?   Answer Question

Recovery Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (Roanoke, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

I saw the job on messenger on Facebook and applied for it. About a week later I received a phone call from my now supervisor, asking me if I would like to come over and shadow for a few hours one day. I said yes. During the shadow session/interview, I was asked several questions about my recovery and my past. I was nervous but told the truth. Three days after that, HR called me and made me an offer. I accepted. The application to hire was very quick. I started about three weeks after I accepted, to allow for my two weeks notice and a ten day vacation before I actually started working.

Interview Questions

• Did I feel comfortable sharing my story with strangers?   1 Answer

Budget Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (Roanoke, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application submission followed up by 2 interviews. The first being a 1 on 1 and the 2nd being before a panel of program managers, business analysts, etc. The agency was very thorough and open throughout the entire process.

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare in June 2016.

Interview

Answered questions, go over experience, provided writing sample. It was a interview held with two supervisors, and interviewee. I was told the first interview I was not qualified, but my application would be kept in the pool. I was called back months later to come in for another interview before receiving the job, which required a year's worth of weekly supervision with a LMHP.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which the client was offending you, and acting out dangerously?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (Roanoke, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a long process, however it was very thorough and professional and it covered all of my background and experience. It was a panel that asked numerous questions about my experience and gave me information about the position.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been in the mental health field.   1 Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

Manager called and asked me some questions, then interviewed with the whole team, then with just the Manager and Director. Got to meet everyone I would be working with, which was nice. The team interview was not as formal, got a feel for everyone's personality and roles on the team. Was called about a week or less later with the offer. They do start dates every other Monday, so I selected a start date and went to Orientation.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral-based questions about "Tell us about a time when you had a situation with a customer that did not turn out well, and what did you do?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare.

Interview

Arrived dressed nicely and waited in lobby to meet with supervisor. Was taken to a room where another supervisor was waiting. They were friendly and it felt pretty casual. Was asked a series of hypothetical questions like "how would you respond if a client.." or "what would you do if one of your clients.." and they both wrote down everything I said WORD-FOR-WORD. Was slightly strange, as I often had to slow down and repeat myself...seems like a recorder would make things much easier for them and the interviewee. After the hypothetical questions, they gave me a worksheet of sorts that had a couple Q&A's in an essay type format, and while I completed the worksheet, they sat there across from me. It was kind of strange, but I knew how to answer most of them (ex: describe a serious mental illness that you are familiar with, it's symptoms, and it's treatment). Afterwards, I was given a tour around the building that ended in the supervisors office, where I asked a series of questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• The hypothetical questions could be difficult if you aren't familiar with mental illnesses or human services.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called me almost 40 days after my interview and I had almost all but forgotten that I had applied and interviewed. I received a phone call and she stated that they would like to make an offer, they did, and I accepted. I received a formal offer in the mail.
    I wish that I had negotiated more, because I think that they would have paid me more if I had asked.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (Roanoke, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Was asked how I would handle certain situation. After interview I waited for someone in HR to call and offer me the job. After the call I was given time to respond back and let know if I wanted job or not.

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (Roanoke, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

Scheduled meeting with Program Manager (via HR rep)
    Meeting with Program Manager (1-2 hours)
    "Shadowing staff" (1/2 day)
    2nd meeting with Program Manager (1 hour)
    Offer/Acceptance (via HR rep; salary not negotiable -- only permitted to offer the lowest salary)

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with (subject population)   1 Answer

Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare Response

Jan 4, 2017 – Manager, Recruitment

I'm glad you had a good experience with the interview! Thank you for leaving feedback.

Our offer salaries are each determined individually based on qualifications and experience for the position... More