Blue Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Blue Technologies

2.9

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Technologies (Canton, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

-Let me start by saying the people that work here are great people and are excellent at what they do. They have the best and most expensive product out there. They sell their quality and service which pays off with big commissions. A good portion of their sales reps make 6 figures.

They are transparent and completely upfront and honest about everything. They have a very thorough interview process so you have to be sharp and committed for a good 3 weeks to make it through.

STEPS:
    Step 1: Apply on Linked in

Step 2: Phone interview with HR recruiter- standard sales and experience phone screen

Step 3: In person interview with HR at corporate office in Cleveland

Step 4: Local Canton office meeting with sales manager- general experience and background questions.

Step 5: Shadow day and sales personality test - They have you shadow with a rep for a day in the life/screening you. Will take entire day, 8am-4:30 pm

Step 6: Final interview- Only get to the final interview if you passed the test and did well in shadow. Sales manager will ask tough questions dealing with your personality relating to the position.The Vp will get to know you too.

Offer: base, commission, health, 401k, bonus, incentives.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your Sales Manager? (vp asks in front of the sales manager and you have to describe her)   1 Answer

I really wanted to accept, and their offer was good, but I got a offer with a higher base pay I couldn't turn down.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blue Technologies.

Interview

To start, I will admit I had absolutely zero interest in this job, and treated it as a practice interview, but nonetheless took it rather seriously. The second I walked in, I could tell it would be a terrible workplace. Very quiet, somewhat snobby atmosphere, and was immediately asked for my completed application, which was never sent to me. I guarantee this hurt me in the interview process, even though I don't see it as my fault. Most of the interview went alright; however, a few questions that were asked seemed very condescending, unintelligent, and lacking common sense. I was even told that sales training consists of memorizing scripts, which from somebody who has worked in sales for years, is a terrible idea. I went on to ask them how large the company was, if relocation was possible, and if they are expanding, and was granted with a very enthusiastic "Yes! We are getting very big. We are opening an Akron location and even a Columbus in the future!" which is great, but was not what I was expecting when I hear about large expansion.

The good: the lady interviewing me, I will withhold her name out of general courtesy, was overall definitely very friendly. There were one or two questions I was asked, which were mainly asking for clarification of my work history or the answers I gave, that seemed rather pointless and unintelligent, but aside from that, the interview itself was a rather enjoyable experience. The application was excessively long and mostly unnecessary, and the atmosphere overall did not seem like a high-morale workplace, but both the lady I interviewed with as well as another gentleman I talked to in the office were friendly, rather outgoing people.

I think this is a type of workplace and company that suits people of a different personality type than myself; I have tended to work in a fast-paced environment, with high performance standards, but very relaxed office atmosphere and rather informal culture. If you have a personality or professional persona that is different than mine, you might fit in very well

Interview Questions

• What was your general sales process like, and how would you open up with a prospect?   Answer Question

Blue Technologies Response

Nov 2, 2015 – Recruiter

Thank you for your post. We are sorry you were not chosen to become a part of our fast-paced and dynamic professional team. You are correct, our initial interview is thorough as we review both the... More

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Technologies (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Easy process and organized. Was contacted by the recruiter and brought in for a first interview. I was given a tour and description of the job I was applying for. Then was brought back in for my final interview which lasted about 2hours (but the time really flew by) and was offered my positions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you have failed in your life and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Technologies (Cleveland, OH) in June 2018.

Interview

Bait and switch. Accomplished three successful face to face interviews. Once an offer letter was emailed to me there were numerous DEMANDS and employment conditions that were NEVER discussed.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Technologies.

Interview

Very intenst hiring process. They are looking for people that want to grow with the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about personal and professional goals... they want the right person for the right job.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Technologies (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The process isn't bad at all. When you first enter the building, the receptionist seems mad you're bothering her, but don't get offended (why is she in that chair if moody?). The recruiter I met was really nice and informative. Felt like I needed to pull some information out (primarily salary and turn-over), but she was a great "first face" of the company. Polished and poised, not to mention easy on the eyes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult if you aren't lying. The recruiter seems smart enough to catch you in lies. Bring in your brag book and talk about football. The owners are former football players. Gets annoying after a while as they act like middle-aged frat boys, but they are harmless old has-beens.   Answer Question

Didn't want to be a copier sales person. Thought it was more related to technology, but it's just copier sales. Great for those starting out or without a degree, but not for a seasoned sales professional.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Technologies.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter off social media. Phone interview with recruiter. Come in for initial interview with recruiter. Then come in a week later for interviews with 2 sales managers. Then come in the following week for a job shadowing if they like you. Full day job shadowing with two sales reps then take an 8 page personality test at the end of the day. The whole test is hand written and very frustrating to take because of how general the questions are. If you do not score high enough on this "test", they will not consider you for a job. If you make it past all of this you get called in for a final interview and will get offered at that point.

Interview Questions

• Most sales people are good story tellers . . . Tell me a story   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Technologies (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Phone interview with a recently hired recruiter that didn’t know what to ask or say as she has only been with the company for <2 mos. suggested I research the organization and email questions, didn’t know details of the job or benefits or future for sales reps.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Technologies (Canton, OH).

Interview

Had phone interview with recruiter, was pretty basic. Then setup in person interview on a Thursday at 5:30. When I showed up to the interview, the last guy in the office was locking up and walking up. I told him I had an interview scheduled and they told me the person left at 5.... I skipped out of work early and rushed to this interview and they scheduled it when the office wasn't even open. They tried to reschedule but I obviously declined.

Interview Questions

• No in person questions. The phone screening was very basic.   Answer Question