Bluehost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.8

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and one in-person interview. After a tour of the Bluehost operation with the interviewer, it was blatantly obvious that Bluehost doesn't hire older workers with experience, like many other business that don't in "Happy Valley".

Interview Questions

• While the job was for technical support, the questions were more oriented towards selling webhosting addons. One question was pick a subject and convince the interviewer to buy it. Got the impression the job was more about selling than support.   Answer Question

Junior Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluehost (Provo, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application through their online career portal and within a few days I was contacted by the recruiter to set an appointment for the in person interview. I was an internal hire to the position, so there was no phone interview. The interview was more technical and was in front of a panel. There were some office conduct questions just to learn more about me, as well. I heard back about the job position two days after the interview in a phone call from one of the mangers of the system operations team. The recruiter then emailed me a formal offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with any hypervisors? What do you know about KVM and qemu?   Answer Question
    • What do you feel has been your greatest accomplishment technically?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Group/Panel with two sales managers, the Normal interview went over why you want to work here, what is your experience and what are your strength and weakness. Overall the interview was smooth and lasted 30 minutes.

Technical Support Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bluehost in November 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was late, the office was completely unorganized and shows signs of disarray. My first impression were backed up by the poor employee Web reviews. I would not accept an offer if it was offered to me. Great learning experience for me.

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT).

Interview

Started with a 15 minute phone interview. Then I passed that so they scheduled me for a 30 minute in person interview. Before the in person interview I had to take some psychological test online and a typing test. The in person interview just took place in a conference room. Comfortable setting.

There are a lot of technical questions in the interview. Those are tough. But I didn't really know how to answer maybe half of them and still got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is DNS?   2 Answers
    • If someone called in and they could receive emails but not send them out, how would you direct them to solve the issue?   1 Answer
    • Pick an item in the room and sell it to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Went through a recruiter. Consisted of a phone screen and later an in-person interview, those mainly had customer service oriented questions with a few technical skills questions. Overall, the process took about 2-3 weeks with a group training period lasting several weeks with a competency test at the end to confirm you can perform in the position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in creating and/or maintaining websites?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was manager who had moved up through the Bluehost ranks and was very knowledgeable about the company and how to do the job I was applying for, they asked technical questions that helped me understand what I would be doing.

The process was quick, one thing that has continually impressed me about Bluehost is their knowledge of proper process to get things done, employees and managers alike are qualified (at least in the Orem location) for their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Thinking of an item in a store. Let's play 20 questions.   1 Answer
    • What does the trace route command do?   2 Answers

WebAdvisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

I got headhunted by company called nexeo. they told me I would be making 10 50 an hour for 3 months and then after that I would be put up to 14 50 an hour is kept. After a short interview and showing that I knew a little bit about SQL I was told to reapplyso that I could be a higher directly by Blue Host and not through a headhunting company 14 50 hour

Interview Questions

• what did you do with your last job   1 Answer
    • what ports am i familiar with or something   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really have to negotiate they offeredmy first day

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Call for a phone interview with HR which is easy to get past. Second step meet with the coach of the department manager only interviews people for higher positions. If you have the lady who interviewed me be prepared for her to stare at you unblinking while she types every word you say. Be prepared to leave feeling like you botched it. Don't worry you'll get hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about Bluehost?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Two casually dressed, but nice looking people took me aside and talked for awhile. They asked common questions of an interview, that I was comfortable and confident answering. It was a positive experience, and I left with a smile.

Interview Questions

• What have you taught yourself recently?   1 Answer