Bluehost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bluehost (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2019.

Interview

Almost all interactions were extremely personable. Interviewers/recruiters were warm, engaging, and passionate about their work. Feedback was provided which is unusual for these interviews, and the recruiting team was flexible in working with competing offers.

Construction Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bluehost (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2011.

Interview

asked skills that I was already experienced in. Once named skills I was asked specifics about tool and processes used to acomplish the tasks. Then invited to work for day to show my work quality, the company did pay for day I did the work. i worked with a team

Interview Questions

• ask for skills they could do then asked more specific to see if you knew what you were saying   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bluehost (Provo, UT).

Interview

Submitted resume online, received a call to schedule interview. The person I was supposed to interview with wasn't in on the appointed day so someone else filled in. Simple face-to-face interview reviewing basic knowledge and experience.

Outbound Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in February 2013.

Interview

You will not be raked over the coals. Talk about your strengths... Explain your weaknesses and most importantly, explain your willingness to learn. Ask questions, be prepared to role play scenarios.

Interview Questions

• be prepared to role play scenarios.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Professionally dressed, polite, the wait time was a bit long, and I had to wait almost 45 minutes past the scheduled interview time. The interviewer also never thanked me, or shook my hand as I left.

Interview Questions

• Sell a ball to the interviewer, make them want to buy the product from them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a thirty minute process that asked basic html and customer service questions. It was a one on one interview. Most of the time was just a question and answer. Nothing about the company or position was communicated.

Interview Questions

• How do you add a title in html   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Two casually dressed, but nice looking people took me aside and talked for awhile. They asked common questions of an interview, that I was comfortable and confident answering. It was a positive experience, and I left with a smile.

Interview Questions

• What have you taught yourself recently?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

Went through a recruiter. Consisted of a phone screen and later an in-person interview, those mainly had customer service oriented questions with a few technical skills questions. Overall, the process took about 2-3 weeks with a group training period lasting several weeks with a competency test at the end to confirm you can perform in the position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in creating and/or maintaining websites?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was manager who had moved up through the Bluehost ranks and was very knowledgeable about the company and how to do the job I was applying for, they asked technical questions that helped me understand what I would be doing.

The process was quick, one thing that has continually impressed me about Bluehost is their knowledge of proper process to get things done, employees and managers alike are qualified (at least in the Orem location) for their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Thinking of an item in a store. Let's play 20 questions.   1 Answer
    • What does the trace route command do?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bluehost (Orem, UT).

Interview

Started with a 15 minute phone interview. Then I passed that so they scheduled me for a 30 minute in person interview. Before the in person interview I had to take some psychological test online and a typing test. The in person interview just took place in a conference room. Comfortable setting.

There are a lot of technical questions in the interview. Those are tough. But I didn't really know how to answer maybe half of them and still got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is DNS?   2 Answers
    • If someone called in and they could receive emails but not send them out, how would you direct them to solve the issue?   1 Answer
    • Pick an item in the room and sell it to me.   1 Answer