Bluehost Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
James Grierson

Pros
  • Good pay, good training , good management for the most part (in 13 reviews)

• Soda Machines, great people, light atmosphere, learning opportunity (in 10 reviews)

Cons

"Good company, horrible owner"

Former Employee - Web Advisor in Orem, UT

I worked at Bluehost (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    You can learn what you want about hosting
    Each agent gets a hosting account and a free domain
    Computers are nice with dual monitor setup

Cons

Endurance International group bought Bluehost a few years back and that was when things started to go downhill. Support WAS highly rated, employees were happy but once taken over it was all about cleaning house. Endurance pushed so many unprepared products that hadn't even gone through beta testing and by pushing those through it ruined Bluehost. Agents were forced to sell new hosting platforms but they were no where near ready for the market yet. There were really strict rules about time management recently. They go through stages. At one time you were required to send customers to surveys to help the decline of Bluehost's reputation, then it was all about sales and you had to try to meet specific goals. There was rarely follow up from coaches and managers. There are some backdoor deals with the Endurance stocks that really put a sour taste in my mouth. There are tons of cutbacks including the recent announcement of the Orem, UT closure to 'SAVE MONEY.' Agents in the new location get less pay and everyone in Orem is getting let go. As an agent, you do the same amount of work as about 5 people at other hosting companies.
    They tried to role out a new commission structure but since it had taken too long to work out the bugs, they bagged the idea and gave everyone a 25 cent raise. Most agents took a huge cut by staying with the old system.

Advice to Management

Move from Endurance! Endurance is destroying your reputation enough that it would be so sad to see Bluehost crumble. Honestly that would solve ALL the problems and Bluehost would recover on its own.

"Are you looking for a lawsuit?"

Current Employee - Web Advisor in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Web Advisor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Bluehost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are amazing. Standard corporate perks. Really decent pto.

Cons

Management couldn't care less. What they call "tough love" is going to get them sued. Know your rights people! Between the blatant ageism, poor training, false expectations and interdepartmental coordination or lack there of is hard on internal and external customers.

Advice to Management

Hurting your people will not only weaken your brand, it will leave you vulnerable to lawsuits. While every experience varies your workforce should matter to you. Your managers are breaking laws. Pay attention!

"Server Professional"

Current Employee - Server Professional in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Server Professional in Orem, UT

I have been working at Bluehost full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and casual environment. Good people to work with

Cons

They are very particular with the stats and not very flexible to assist the customers

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employees and allow more flexibility to assist customers, time off phone

"It was good for the most part."

I worked at Bluehost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always had food trucks catering to the company, free coffee , super nice massage chair, healthy food brought for workers, free gym , Pool table and pingpong table. able to promote quickly

Cons

Dated software slowed everyone down . Lack of communication between higher management and lower management. Lots of down time. Sales team was encouraged to use dirty tactics.

Advice to Management

considering Bluehost is leaving Utah at this point I have nothing left to say, but well done you managed to practically kill a tech company in one of the fasted growing tech hubs .

5. "Nice out of College Job - Hard to Stick Long Term"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lehi, UT

I worked at Bluehost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent work and steady commissions as long as you work hard.

Gain a ton of website knowledge in the process of selling products.

Cons

Environment can get monotonous and repetitive. I was there right when EIG bought them and went public. There were a bunch of changes from corporate that didn't sit well with people. I was leaving anyway to go with school so I'm not 100% sure how it all turned out.

"Constant change and chaos is one way of doing business"

Current Employee - Web Advisor in Orem, UT

I have been working at Bluehost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open Environment
    Friendly Staff/Management
    Commission
    Quarterly Bonus

Cons

Takes forever to fix issues for employees or customers
    Sweeping dramatic changes every other month
    Lack of training
    No way to know your metrics (which you can be fired for if they are not high enough)
    Shut down Utah office and fired 600+ valued hardworking employees because office NPS was to low. No training was given when this was discovered to be a problem to coach or train employees for improvement

Advice to Management

Be consistent with your expectations and dont change peoples job description with out warning.

"Technical Support"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Orem, UT

I worked at Bluehost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, perks, and location.

Cons

Now that Bluehost/Endurance International has terminated all 1st and 2nd level technical support employees at Orem UT and replaced them with 600+ brand new employees off the street at its Tempe AZ location, all I can say to Bluehost/Hostmonster/Justhost customers is GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Advice to Management

Get ready for the social media firestorm...

"A fantastic journey"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Bluehost full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In 4 years Bluehost provided me with 5 promotions and countless opportunities to take the reigns on something new. The pay was very competitive for a call center environment. The best thing about working there was the people, they made the brand what it is, and I'll never forget my experiences there.

Cons

I think it's safe to say that most companies struggle with communication, and Bluehost is no different. There were several initiatives that we felt would not drive the right behaviors and negatively impact our brand. Corporate leadership insisted. We adapted to provide the results they wanted, then they changed their minds and agreed that we had been correct the year before. Now they are closing the Bluehost support center.

Advice to Management

Listen. Customer + Employee NPS = formula for success. Keep moving forward!

9. "Great transitional job...long term outlook not good."

Current Employee - Web Advisor in Orem, UT

I have been working at Bluehost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back working environment, decent benefits, and quite a bit of autonomy for a call center job.

Cons

Owned by parent company EIG which is relocating all jobs from Orem, UT to Tempe, AZ. EIG has been terrible at handling that transition.

10. "Great health insurance!"

Former Employee - Web Advisor in Orem Station, UT
    Former Employee - Web Advisor in Orem Station, UT

I worked at Bluehost full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They were awesome when I first started. But went through a lot of changes and seemed to be going down hill a bit and then found out they were closing Orem offices. But overall had a wonderful experience and learned a lot.

Cons

Started changing things like commission percentages which made it so you didn't get as much.