Bob's Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bob's Stores Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob's Stores.

Interview

It was a group interview- you sat in a room with two managers and about 14 other kids applying for a similar job. If you spoke up and added your own comments to the questions, you stood out more so than those who didn't speak up and stood a better chance of getting the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob's Stores (Fairfield, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

Was called back two months after applying, the interview was with a group. Fairly easy, it was about 10 people in the group all looking for a job in Highschool. The hiring manager really looked to get to know us better and it helped to speak up first and ask questions about the company.

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bob's Stores (Salem, NH).

Interview

Bobs likes to do group interviews. I was in a small room with five or so people. There were two managers who conducted the interview and they basically took turns asking us questions. Because there were so many of us they didn't ask all of us the questions just kinda took turns with who they would ask. Kinda of awkward people with other people but wasn't to bad

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob's Stores (Cranston, RI) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call three days later to schedule an interview. The interview was a few days later and was hired on the spot and was asked to come in the following week for training. The interview focused on what I did in high school and where I wanted to go to college at that time. It was laid back.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob's Stores.

Interview

Applied about three months before I got a call asking if I could come in that same day for an interview. I went in the next day instead and was hired after a brief interview. Started a few days later, was a very easy and fast process. I was originally interviewed by the same person I spoke to on the phone but the store manager came in as well and also asked some questions. I don't recall any of the questions being difficult, and I was a teenager at the time with typical teenager answers. I didn't prepare a whole lot.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob's Stores (Manchester, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

It was in a group and was fairly easy, it was a bit long though. I've never done a group interview before and was a bit scared. It was actually easier because I was able to piggy back after others made their comments as well as think of better things to say.

Interview Questions

• if you could describe yourself as a character which would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob's Stores (Bedford, NH) in April 2015.

Interview

I walked in not knowing it would be a group interview with all of the possible candidates. It was awkward but the questions were easy. Was not very comfortable talking in front of the people who were also fighting for the same position as me. Manager was nice and made me feel welcome.

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob's Stores (Bedford, NH) in April 2015.

Interview

I walked in not expecting it to be a group interview with all of the other candidates who applied for the same job as me. They asked questions to the group as a whole and whoever spoke up first was the first to be considered for the job. The more outgoing and interested you seemed in the job, the more they liked you and considered you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you are an outgoing person who makes friends easily. Making friends will come in handy for when you need help learning how to do something.

Manager Interview

Interview

HR calls and does a phone interview. You then move on to a store manager interview or district manager interview depending on management level. You will then walk store to see how and what you feel about environment. What possible changes you would make.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate if offered a position   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob's Stores.

Interview

Group interviews typically always especially during heavy hiring periods. A lot of simple questions will be asked to understand the persons personality. If they like you you'll be offered the position typically that day.

Interview Questions

• There aren't difficult questions. Very basic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

You cannot negotiate your pay. It is minimum wage and that's it.