Bobbi Brown Cosmetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.8

Retail Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview was at macy's state street, but my makeup audition was at macy's watertower, i thought everything went well, First i met with Antony, at macys state, he asked me general makeup questions, was very polite, very helpful. The makeup audition took place the day after the interview at macys water tower, last saturday, I started early and did makeup on my friend, at the back of the bobbi brown counter. I met Emily. She said i would get a call on Monday if they decide to hire me, however I did not get a call back yet.

Interview Questions

• How do i feel about working with constant change? Name a job that you worked for and experienced constant change.   1 Answer

Counter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.

Interview

It was in 2 parts. The first part was with one of the Regional Managers and that was a sit down general interview and she went over my resume etc. The second part was a makeup trail where I had to do the makeup of the other RM.

Interview Questions

• Favorite Bobbi Brown product   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.

Interview

Fun and easy as long as you have retail and makeup experience. I recommend doing some research on Bobbi Brown herself before the interview. Keep you make up light and pretty. They want to see your face. Dress professionally, and be on time!

Interview Questions

• What celebrity would you say represents Bobbi Brown?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (New York, NY).

Interview

I was scouted by a recruiter a lot of employees at Bobbi are unless you know someone who works there. The recruiter set up the interview and I received a call a few hours later offering me the job. The office environment is super casual. Everyone there is really nice and Bobbi is great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't get to negotiate my rate as I was hired through a recruiting company.. Which did not pay much.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (Tulsa, OK) in June 2014.

Interview

I met with the Dillards cosmetic manager first, then was asked to do a makeup demonstration. I then interviewed with Bobbi Brown Representative: answering set of questions to see whether I was reliable, trustworthy, hard working etc...

Interview Questions

• what would i do if i caught a fellow employee stealing products?   1 Answer
    • How available I was to work any hours, weekends, and holidays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process is average. You get a phone call and then you get an appointment to meet with the counter manger. After that you meet with the cosmetics manager, and sometimes (depending on district) you have to meet with the account coordinator. I only had to meet with the counter manager, and the cosmetics manager. They asked a lot of questions about my customer service experience. The last part of the interview was having to use bobbi browns cosmetics and give a friend a makeup look. That part was a little nerve racking because even though I had experience previously, being judged based on your performance can be unnerving.

Interview Questions

• They asked you basic questions like "tell us about a situation when you went above and beyond with customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

interview for position-basic questions asked

Negotiation

Negotiate salary, ask for what you are worth.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Only one phone interview. It was very straightforward and quick.
    Easy interview questions.
    All behavioral questions: help me go through your resume/ why you want to work at Bobbi Brown/ Which department you want to work at and why.
    It would be easy for you if you know what you are doing and why.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics in August 2011.

Interview

It was a comfortable and relaxed interview that sought for experience and personality fit. They wanted to know if I was able to support brand objectives in sales and vision. They seem to be a company who cares about their people and had a desire to know me the individual.

Interview Questions

• Usually, I find recalling an experience where you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service a difficult one to answer. Having that in your arsenal is important. I know I always provide excellent customer service, head to toe with all bases covered. I don't really retain these experiences in memory. Great customer service is providing your guest with an experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a positive experience, and I walked away satisfied with the compensation offered.

Studio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying online I had to pass through the initial recruitment phase, pass through recruitment management and then complete a face to face interview with the area manager and a makeup trade skills test in store. Everyone very friendly and made me feel at ease. Pushed with interview questions as its a management role. The skills test was a natural bobbi brown look, including full face, blush, bronzer, corrector and concealer, shadow, eyeliner brows and mascara. I thought I had half an hour, turned out to be an hour so completing in 40 minutes made me early. This was definitely beneficial.

Interview Questions

• Why Bobbi Brown?
      Experience with meeting targets?
      How would you motivate the team?
      Experience with events?   Answer Question