Boingo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boingo Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.9

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boingo in March 2017.

Interview

By far the most unprofessional experience of my entire life. I applied online and had a total of 3 interviews of the course of 2 months. HR was not only not communicative through the entire process, but anytime I followed up, would not hear back. I did not know I didn't make it to the next round until I saw the position was filled. Really leaves a bitter taste in your mouth about a company that doesn't care enough to follow up with their applicants.

Interview Questions

• Name a project you were in charge of and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boingo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter emailed me and we set up a quick 30 min phone interview. After that I had a 45 min phone interview with the hiring director. The hiring director asked for samples of my past work, which I emailed. After that I was brought in for in-person interviews, which consisted of one 1:1 and then a panel. I was there for a total of 3 hours. I interviewed with 4 people. They all seemed very genuine. I definitely got the sense that they were all putting in the hours. What stood out to me the most was how often I heard the phrase "work hard, play hard". One person I interviewed with elaborated by giving an example of a team member basically working on a deck at dawn. I appreciated that example because it provided a clear a sense of what they meant by "work hard".

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions but also delved very deeply into past marketing campaigns.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boingo.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email about 3 weeks later. I had the initial phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted 30 minutes. Unfortunately I did not move forward in the process, but the company was quick in letting me know its decision, which I really appreciated. I wouldn't hesitate to apply to the company again.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of your experience with process improvement.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boingo (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Boingo - No!!
    This was the worst experience of all. Irresponsible recruiter and the employees working in there. The interviewer asked me all the basics of Java and few networking fundamentals. Later at the end of the interview he told me that they will schedule me for the next round. The recruiter neither replies to your email on time but send an email after 5 days saying we are still determining your schedule. I had lost hopes on being called for the next processes. And a month and a half later, the recruiter gives me a call saying they are scheduling me for the next rounds and please provide your dates and time. And then sends out a message the very next day saying it was a mistake on his part and they have selected someone else . Guys, please do not play with candidates emotions and keep them waiting for your answers.

Interview Questions

• Fundamentals of Java and networking . Past experiences   Answer Question

Senior BI Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boingo (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Standard procedure, got a call from recruiter, then from hiring manager and scheduled an onsite interview.Usually flexible with the time of day when we can schedule interview as people are nice and open.

Usually interview process is quick, which is helpful in avoiding any ambiguity.

Interview Questions

• Time series question on logs of data   1 Answer

Recruiting Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boingo (Santa Clarita, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

My interview was a while ago so I don't recall any details. My recollection is the process was smooth with no hassles.

30 words is more than I have to offer in this response; this sentence is filler!

Interview Questions

• What types of positions have you been responsible for in the list?   Answer Question

Field Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boingo (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

There were three polite telephone interviews followed up with one in-person interview. They flew me into the city to take the interview and put me up in a hotel for the night. It was not adversarial at all.

Interview Questions

• They dove into old projects and work experience that applied to the job that was being applied for. There was no standout "gotcha" questions that were asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered a take it or leave it salary number. There is no negotiation. Boingo doesn't negotiate salary numbers and gets upset if you try. At least they are honest and upfront about their numbers.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boingo (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online and took roughly two weeks to get a call for an interview. They were very professional and very laid back company culture. I interviewed with an HR rep and my would be boss. They asked the usual questions you would be asked during an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your day from start to finish at your current job.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boingo (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Online Submission, Hr Screening, Phone Interview and 1,2-3 Face to Face Interviews with team members and Manager. Sometimes the Department Director meets you for few minutes.
    You will get a good idea during interviews if they like you or not. Prepare for a technical interview. As they need people who knows their stuff on finger tips.

Interview Questions

• Previous Job Responsibilities, Hands on Experience on Technologies, Troubleshooting techniques ans scenarios. Design and Implementation Scenarios   1 Answer

Web Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boingo (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. I was interviewed one-on-one by the hiring manager and one of the engineering team members. The interview questions were standard and the interview process took about an hour. The interview questions were not intended to trip up the interviewee and were mainly designed to assess front-end development skills.