Boingo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boingo Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boingo (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

1 Telephonic call with recruiter. 1 telephonic call with VP. They were looking for someone with strong experience on AWS. I had knowledge of AWS with personal project experience. Got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Mutex in Java, questions on threading in Java, Git VS SVN, HashMap VS HashTable.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boingo in September 2017.

Interview

The team was really friendly and excited about what they do, clearly they care a lot about company culture and evaluate for it. They did say upfront that it would be a long process, but I was still surprised to find there were 4 phone/skype calls, a time-consuming project, and another in-person interview. I think the process could have been improved if there was more communication throughout instead of intense pockets of conversation with large gaps in between.

Overall, I think the people I met were great, really care about their jobs and the company, really passionate about their work. I ended up accepting another position with a different company before I got to know whether or not Boingo would make an offer, but I was genuinely excited about the role and the prospect of joining the team.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational questions and "tell us a time when" - very good and got at the heart of the skills and personality type required for the job.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boingo.

Interview

The recruiter set up a time for a 30min phone interview. During our call, the recruiter seemed rushed and not interested in hearing about my experience or how I could add to the team.

It was an unpleasant experience, and honestly, I had high hopes on this call since Boing has such amazing reviews on Glassdoor. That wasn't the case.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boingo.

Interview

Talked with their recruiter for about 20 minutes. It went well. I was told the hiring process would be long and drawn out. Got an automated email saying they're not proceeding with me the following week.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background and what you did at your previous positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boingo (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process involved phone screen followed by in person. I was scheduled to interview for 4 different individuals in management and in engineering only to be greeted by stand ins for each single individual. It was very unprofessional and rude experience. I didn't expect this from a decently known company and wouldn't come back.

Interview Questions

• How to constrain thread to only certain number of pools?   Answer Question

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boingo (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is composed of three parts, a phone interview with a Technical Recruiter (I interviewed with Jamie Koblinski), and two in-person interviews with the Directors of the department(s) you will be working with (I interviewed with Phillip Chang (Director of Information Security) and Adrian Lomas (Director of Network Service Engineering)).

The first interview (interview with Technical Recruiter) is composed of general interview questions (e.g. “Tell me about yourself?” and “Why did you choose to apply to Boingo?). The purpose of this interview stage is to get to know the candidate, and to see their level of interest in working at Boingo Wireless, Inc.

The second and third interviews (interview with Director(s)) are more technical. These interviews are set to ask the candidate about things on their resumes, and to test the candidate’s ability to explain technical things in a non-technical way. Before the second and third interview, the candidate will have a quick 15 minute session with the Technical Recruiter to explain the second interview process, and to ensure that the candidate is ready for the technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Interview with Technical Recruiter: The questions were general interview questions (e.g. “Tell me about yourself?” and “Why did you choose to apply to Boingo?).   1 Answer
    • Interview with Director(s): The interviewer will ask the candidate specific questions about their resume. For example, one question I was asked was, “Under skills, you have intrusion prevention systems listed. Can you tell me more about that?”   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boingo in March 2017.

Interview

By far the most unprofessional experience of my entire life. I applied online and had a total of 3 interviews of the course of 2 months. HR was not only not communicative through the entire process, but anytime I followed up, would not hear back. I did not know I didn't make it to the next round until I saw the position was filled. Really leaves a bitter taste in your mouth about a company that doesn't care enough to follow up with their applicants.

Interview Questions

• Name a project you were in charge of and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boingo (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter emailed me and we set up a quick 30 min phone interview. After that I had a 45 min phone interview with the hiring director. The hiring director asked for samples of my past work, which I emailed. After that I was brought in for in-person interviews, which consisted of one 1:1 and then a panel. I was there for a total of 3 hours. I interviewed with 4 people. They all seemed very genuine. I definitely got the sense that they were all putting in the hours. What stood out to me the most was how often I heard the phrase "work hard, play hard". One person I interviewed with elaborated by giving an example of a team member basically working on a deck at dawn. I appreciated that example because it provided a clear a sense of what they meant by "work hard".

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions but also delved very deeply into past marketing campaigns.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boingo.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email about 3 weeks later. I had the initial phone interview with a recruiter, which lasted 30 minutes. Unfortunately I did not move forward in the process, but the company was quick in letting me know its decision, which I really appreciated. I wouldn't hesitate to apply to the company again.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of your experience with process improvement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boingo (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Boingo - No!!
    This was the worst experience of all. Irresponsible recruiter and the employees working in there. The interviewer asked me all the basics of Java and few networking fundamentals. Later at the end of the interview he told me that they will schedule me for the next round. The recruiter neither replies to your email on time but send an email after 5 days saying we are still determining your schedule. I had lost hopes on being called for the next processes. And a month and a half later, the recruiter gives me a call saying they are scheduling me for the next rounds and please provide your dates and time. And then sends out a message the very next day saying it was a mistake on his part and they have selected someone else . Guys, please do not play with candidates emotions and keep them waiting for your answers.