Find jobs for Ruby On Rails Developer

Bold Penguin Ruby On Rails Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Bold Penguin

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bold Penguin

Found 14 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bold Penguin (United States)

Interview

There were several rounds including a general screening, homework, homework review, pairing, and general outlook and problem solving approach. At every point there were options to ask questions and meet multiple different potential coworkers

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult problem you had to face and what you did to solve it
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Bold Penguin (Columbus, OH) in Dec 2020

Interview

Very fast process at first - 5 interviews in a week and a half then went silent for 1 month. Seems like a good company to work for with strong leadership.

Interview Questions
Bold Penguin
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bold Penguin (United States)

Interview

I interviewed at Bold Penguin and it was a better experience than I’ve had with different organizations during my search. I spoke to a recruiter, a hiring manager, the department team and executives. The recruiter was funny, also left me feel excited about the organization, super friendly and had a lot of information that was helpful. The department team was really great, welcomed my questions. The hiring manager was straight forward, honest and asked me questions that made me feel they invested in me. They went quickly with the process.

Interview Questions
  • What brought you to Bold Penguin? Asked me company oriented questions.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bold Penguin (Columbus, OH) in Sep 2020

Interview

The interview process totaled three interviews with three different people, going from the talent acquisition to corresponding manager and then to their manager. It was pretty straightforward and relaxed. I never felt intimidated or looked down on. The overall experience was excellent.

Interview Questions
Bold Penguin
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benin
Application

I interviewed at Bold Penguin (Benin)

Interview

Not a long interview process. After applying with Glassdoor, they just informed me that they are cannot take me and when i ask why, they said "Unfortunately, we cannot hire anyone who is a non- US based, Non-US Citizen or GC holder at the moment. This is largely due to security policies put in effect by our clients."

Interview Questions
Bold Penguin
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Bold Penguin (United States)

Interview

I applied online for this position; I was then contacted via email to set up and choose an time to interview. Initial interview was via phone and 15-30 minutes speaking with one person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bold Penguin (Columbus, OH) in Feb 2020

Interview

Phonecall with their "talent specialist" very little information on the company itself, went into my background and experience. Was asked if I thought this role was too low level for me which I explained why it was in line. Was told she was worried about the team being too remote heavy even though remote was on the description. Seems like they are unsure on what they want from a candidate and rumblings about the team being restless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Bold Penguin (United States) in Jan 2020

Interview

Reasonable, thought-out interview process, polite interviewers, but terrible scheduling and communication from the company. There were a couple of video calls with engineers and a take-home project. Questions were well thought out and polled for specific skills and experience. But the main point of contact was unresponsive and insulting in their communications. Confirmed final-round interviews were canceled at the last minute with an unclear explanation. No respect for candidates' time.

Interview Questions
  • Project with starter code is provided. Provide implementation and test code to fulfill requirements.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Bold Penguin (United States)

Interview

I wanted to post a review because Bold Penguin sent me the most thoughtful application follow up I have ever received, I really appreciated Eric's honesty and encouragement. Gave me actual feedback in regards to my resume. This company must be on the right track operating that way.

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bold Penguin (United States)

Interview

Had a simple “getting to know you” phone screening before in person interview with supervisor of department and COO. Casual and friendly conversation about my experience and what I bring to the workplace.

Interview Questions
  • If you had a super power, what would it be?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews