Bonneville Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bonneville Power (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was straight forward. They asked about my experience listed on my resume and some of the more common interview questions. Supervisors conducted the interview and were warm and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you are a good candidate for the job.   1 Answer

Archaeologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bonneville Power (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter who contacted me about the position. I had a great interview and I'm hoping to get the job. Process so far has been 40 days. The job is still there to be offered.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bonneville Power (Portland, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

Met for coffee. Informal interview with team lead. He gave a rundown of the work process. Met with manager for formal interview (30 minutes). Then we all talked some more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bonneville Power (Portland, OR) in December 2010.

Interview

Was contacted via email, arrived at interview w/5 others. It was similar to speed dating, we rotated for short, 5-10 minute interviews with all the stakeholders/managers that we would potentially be working with. Everyone was friendly. The time with each person was a little short. I also felt like some of the people weren't especially great at interviewing people, but were just there because someone asked them to, but I totally could be wrong (just a gut feeling). There was one individual who really seemed to have no purpose except diversity- they asked really touchy-feely questions that didn't seem too relevant, but you never know in interviews!

Interview Questions

• Guy holds up a paper bag- whats in the bag?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Relaxed, interviewed by a senior engineer and not by administrators/management

Interview Questions

• Why choose you over other candidates?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bonneville Power (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Once the initial paperwork was completed the interview was good. Two people both managers asking questions from a list and going off topic easily. Standard questions for most of it. Eventually they diverted into tool and position specific questions. Easy to talk to and we spoke about specifically what I'd be handling quite a bit.

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bonneville Power (Portland, OR) in November 2010.

Interview

I was submitted for several positions at BPA by a recruiter from ProDX. There was only a single phone interview for this position and it took quite a while to get it set up. It was mildly disconcerting that they chose to offer me a job after that small amount of interaction. This made me wonder if there may be people on the team who are not great team players because many people can be cordial for an hour on the phone. The interview was mainly technical and the questions were fairly standard.

I received an offer the same day as the interview. After careful consideration, I turned it down.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience as a developer.   1 Answer

I had a competing offer from a company that was much more aggressive in recruiting me.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bonneville Power (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Friendly, casual, low-key. They were accommodating and respectful. I was asked a variety of common interview questions that were designed to get to know me. They in turn, encouraged me to ask my own questions in order to determine if the job was a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would improvise?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bonneville Power (Vancouver, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed a couple weeks later by an in person interview with three managers. Each person asked about three non-technical questions and then there was an opportunity for me to ask questions.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bonneville Power (Vancouver, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

1 on 1 discussion. The interviewer looked like she needed to be i the maternity ward. She seemed very distracted. At the time I didn't know much about government agencies and how inefficient and wasteful they actually are.