Bonnier Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Bonnier Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at Bonnier Corporation

2.5

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bonnier Corporation (Winter Park, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

My contact was very communicative though it took half a year for the position to become fully available. Once they were serious about hiring for the position, I was invited to Winter Park for a full-day interview. I was contacted and basically given a 7-day advance. They paid for travel including air, car and hotel. It was an organized day in which I was scheduled to meet with various people from 9:30 until 4:00.

PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bonnier Corporation.

Interview

I was submitted for the position thru a recruiter. I took a PHP test and then went on to an interview with the Dev Manager.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult. It was as much about finding a good fit for the team as technical prowess.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was done via the recruiter.

Assistant Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bonnier Corporation.

Interview

Applied via email (with a recommendation from the person who I was to replace), was called in for an in-person interview, had an offer in my inbox by the time I got back home from the interview. Hiring manager was sharp, friendly, and clearly did not have time to mess around. One of the best interview experiences I've ever had.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bonnier Corporation.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a hiring manager. I was given a project and it was never acknowledged that I worked hard to complete it and submit it. I followed up with a call the next week and it was clear my call was considered an annoyance, as the hiring manager said there was no time to speak to me. That was the end of the interviewing process. I never spoke with HR.

Interview Questions

• There were general and expected questions, the process was also more conversational.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

3 in person interviews

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bonnier Corporation (Winter Park, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

Multiple interviews in one day. They look for a good team fit as well as experience.

Interview Questions

• They will ask specifics about your niche knowledge. Best practices and current coding capabilities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much to negotiate. I asked for more money and they said they couldn't.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bonnier Corporation (Winter Park, FL).

Interview

A well-organized look at the job itself, the corporate culture and benefits, as well as a thoughtful discussion about what my career goals are. A nice description of how Bonnier has evolved from the HR department manager.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe an editorial feature as you'd create it across multiple channels — print, web, social media and video.   1 Answer

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bonnier Corporation (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Popular Science was advertising for a several positions, including staff writers and senior editors, together with production and audience engagement staff. The magazine's fourth editor in chief in four years, Joe Brown, was evidently making some changes and draining the swamp, to use a now-popular phrase. Brown himself is the former San Francisco-based Wired online Editor, returning to his native New York to take this role at Bonnier. I applied for the senior editor role as I have over 15 years' experience covering science and technology in the mainstream media. I met the HR representative first, Kim Putman, who seemed very pleasant.

We spoke for about 15 minutes before she disappeared to arrange the next meeting. After 20 minutes or so, I was introduced to Mr Brown, who straightaway seemed disinterested and burdened with the meeting. The conversation covered a number of topics: Mr Brown's love of Formula 1, men's watches, dirt bikes and how he happily spends hours a day window shopping online. "I wonder where he finds the time", I thought.

He outlined his strategy for Popular Science; I wasn't sure I totally agreed with his aim to totally eliminate news-based content and reduce the print publication to quarterly, but I listened. It was important to have an open mind and contemplate this opinion. His arms folded most of the time, he endured the interview with little or no visible enthusiasm or interest.

Weeks later and after looking at Mr Brown's Twitter feed, I saw that the last four people he has hired for editorial roles are female. One of whom was a former Wired features editor, who I now assume accepted the so-called and rather misleading "senior editor" role I applied for, since it had vanished from the careers page of the Bonnier website. I fully understand this sort of thing happens and in my experience I have also had to staff a brand new title from scratch, so I wanted people around I knew I could count on. At the very least though, when I did interview potential candidates, I always enjoyed meeting and talking to new people. Mr Brown however needs to seriously work on his interview technique, or lie better, or even just adopt a policy of honesty. It's clear I'd been invited in to tick the "gender diversity" box on the HR whiteboard and little else and I still haven't received any formal rejection from HR.

Interview Questions

• What technological breakthrough do you think this point in time will remembered for?   1 Answer

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bonnier Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

Informal due to the nature of past relationships with staff and management and long standing work relationship within the industry and with the staffs made this an especially easy process and hiring..

Interview Questions

• When can you begin? How much do you require in salary, can you travel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult but in the end a way was found to meet my needs

Online Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bonnier Corporation (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I was head-hunted through an agency to apply. I showed up and waited a bit in the lobby and was escorted up to a conference room. I was asked fairly general interview questions and the process was quite pleasant. I was tasked with creating a mock digital ad campaign to show off my abilities. I submitted my options and after a few days, my head-hunter contacted me back with an offer for a temp-to-perm position.

Interview Questions

• Please provide a mock microsite, and associated digital ad campaign.   1 Answer
    • What is your biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was young and naive and didn't negotiate at all. My advice is know what you're worth and ask for it.