Booking.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2018
1,422 Interview Reviews

2.8

Perl Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com in July 2014.

Interview

Applied on Booking.com. Heard back from the HR within couple days. The interview with the HR was really nice and arranged a technical interview that's couple weeks after because they were busy at that time. I have to reschedule the interview because of an emergency but the HR forgot to reschedule and I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• I just talked about my experience with the HR.   1 Answer

Perl Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com in November 2014.

Interview

Received unannounced call from recruiter; friendly short chat. I was able to email some questions about relocation assistance, which were answered (the recruiter sent the entire benefits handbook, which was very informative). Next step was a online joint coding session with two developers. This was scheduled.

It was nerve-racking attempting to answer coding questions over the phone. The developers were very friendly, even offering a few hints along the way when I was getting stuck.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

I applied online and had to send my resume . The questions were about how to handle customers services. It was hard to respond without knowing the company policy .... I will have preferred a phone interview ... tests can be tricky

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I took the written test at first and had a phone interview with in 3 days. Lastly, I had an on-site interview with some suggestions on their web localization. I was asked to prepare some suggestions for the booking.com website localization but they asked me about general questions on me and work experience, while asking about the suggestions only 10% of the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference by translation and localization?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied on career page and got a call from HR, basic screening, less than 15 minutes. Step 2 was to take a language test in 90 minutes. Next round was interviews with team leads then last round was an informal talk with teammates. The hiring process took 3 weeks max.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had no chance to talk in person with HR during hiring process, only when to sign the contract. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I was briefly interviewed by a recruiter, interviewed for 40 minutes by 2 of my would-be supervisors over the phone, then had another 40 minute in-person interview with my would-be supervisor and his/her boss. I was treated warmly from beginning to end. When I arrived at the office (which wasn't the same office designated in the email from the recruiter but no big deal), the language specialists all got up and introduced themselves which was a nice surprise. There is a mandatory, 90-minute test in the application that must be completed to even be considered for the role. Despite the demanding application/interview process and not being selected for the role, I would absolutely apply to work at booking.com again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I attended Booking.com Hackerrank assingment which has 4 questions and takes 75 min.

Two weeks later, while I was abroad, I got an email from them. Email was starting with "congratulations" . They were requesting 25min HR interview.  I was abroad for vacation, on Monday morning I wrote my time frame according to the local time and I waited their call during the week.

On Friday I got called very early morning and eventually I missed the call. I replied back with email and mentioned that I am still interested in the role and that I will be back to my country next week, and again I wrote new available time frame according to my country's local time.

After that Booking.com never called me back even though I sent a reminder email.

It is very time consuming process, I think there are too many candidates like me, it is like a lotery and very disappointing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Booking.com (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter after applying to the role online. I had a intro call with the recruiter who gave an overview of the company and interview process. After that I was asked to put in my preferred slots for the tech screen umpteen number of times. He later cancelled the interview for unknown reason and reached out to me after 2 months. I had a quick tech screen which went well and then I was asked to come for in-person interview loop at their Lower Queen Anne office. Pretty standard interview involving coding, problem solving, system design and behavioral rounds. I was informed the next day that they chose to go with a more experienced candidate as the role was for a senior position. Huge disappointment as they never mentioned it during any stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions on array traversal to find maximum subsequence sum, 3 sum, etc. System design question was related to their architecture.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

I applied online through glassdoor. Got a call for phone interview for 30-35 minutes. It was all pleasant. Mostly questions based on my experience, resume, etc. Then one on one interview. Interview was purely technical. After the interview I waited for their response.They never did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It consisted of several phone screens. The initial screening was just a chat with an internal recruiter. Then came a hackerrank test and a technical phone screen. Unfortunately, I stumbled on the algorithmic problems in the phone screening. Some questions about the time complexity of the solutions you give.

Interview Questions

• Two programming problems, probably around easy-medium on hackerrank. O notation and reasoning for the solutions you give.   Answer Question