Booking.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Booking.com Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2018
1,315 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

One with the recruiter, hiring manager, two with their managers and they all asked similar questions. They were more real life questions. When is was all said and done the recruiter sent an email offering the job.

Customer Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booking.com (Orlando, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

I've applied many times because I was moving to the city and was over-qualified to the position, but thought booking was a pretty nice company to develop a career.
    After applying like 4 times, for two positions (CSE Spanish and CSE English) I was reached out by two recruiters, one for Spanish and one for English offering me a phone interview.
    I scheduled both for two different days and after the first interview, I received an e-mail saying they won't consider me for the position anymore, but I thought it was fine since I had the other interview planned. They sent me a reminder the day before and I waited for their call for an hour until I had to run to work, and had to reach them via e-mail asking what happened. Turns out that even though I did two applications, for two open positions and two recruiters scheduled two separate interviews with me, they only take one into consideration. Everything is separate but when the time comes, they only take one interview into consideration and that was never disclosed to me and I was even reminded of the 2nd interview the day before.
    I still think the company is OK but the recruiting process needs a lot of improvement.
    I won't apply there anymore because I felt they were just wasting my time and not considering my expertise.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

I applied online and had to send my resume . The questions were about how to handle customers services. It was hard to respond without knowing the company policy .... I will have preferred a phone interview ... tests can be tricky

Customer Service Guest Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booking.com in March 2018.

Interview

Had to go through about a 30-45 minute online evaluations that involved 1) a basic English test, 2) an "advanced" English tests, 3) two mock-up call center calls, followed by a 4) typing accuracy test, and 5) a personality test. Conclusion: this is objectively an awful process.
    Personal background, I have a BA in English Literature and 15+ years of customer service experience.

1. English tests were worded so poorly there was not an obvious answer in both the basic and advanced tests. Multiple choice selections should contain an actual correct answer, not an approximation with poor grammar.
        2. The call center calls also lacked the necessary information to correctly handle the calls. I understand customer service better than most and I can assure you if I had received any of the available answers were I a complaining customer or business owner, I would have filed a complaint with the BBB.
        3. My typing for accuracy spelling was 100% accurate but marked as incorrect in places. I was unable to edit my "typos" even though there was more than 75% of the time left.
        4. Personality test was fine I guess, but short and hardly seemed like it could be of any probative value.

I understand that this is an entry-level job and as such, booking.com may not have devoted much thought or resources to this process. That being said, I felt that this evaluation process was severely lacking in professionalism, functionality, and dignity.

Interview Questions

• Basic English grammar questions.   1 Answer

DevOps Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booking.com (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

phone calls to assess interest, coding and multiple choice questions on hackerrank. Coding test failed because I spent too long on a portion of code. did not know I was spyed. asked more feedback by mail but no response because I was not attractive anymore. Can retry after 6 to 12 month.

Interview Questions

• which are the http verbs   Answer Question
    • code an algorithm to find out if a triangle is of a type or another given abc as input   Answer Question

Outbound Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, and then got email from recruiter. First, phone screen interview with recruiter, and then second phone interview and hiring manager, and then onsite interview with three interviewers - hiring manager/ senior account manager/ another outbound team lead

Interview Questions

• A lot behavioral interview questions during the onsite interview - what's your biggest achievement so far? how would you handle a huge issue and cooperate with colleagues? what makes Booking.com better than competitors? what's the most difficult thing you experienced last year? what's the management style you prefer?   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booking.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

Video Interview with Blue Jeans conferencing. Asked standard IT questions to gauge knowledge. Scenario, Knowledge of G- Suite, Basic troubleshooting and triage, Background in IT. Know your basic troubleshooting processes and basic IT skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com.

Interview

I applied via a referral link from someone I know who works there. I was contacted by a recruiter to take a code assessment. The assessment was easy and used basic html and css. After passing the skill assessment they set up a phone interview.

At this point I felt like they were only interviewing me as protocol and that they already had the candidate picked out. Reason being is because the recruiter didn't listen to my availability and set the interview time during my work hours when I asked to do it outside of my work hours. This should had been easy as I was open the whole week and gave them a 4 hour window to work with.

Then the recruiter called me 45 minutes after the scheduled phone interview time. So I went into work late after waiting for a phone call that never happened, and once I got into work (45 minutes later) they called.

I was then told that I was under qualified for the position I applied for because I didn't have leadership experience. However, if they looked at my resume they would see that at my past 2 jobs I managed others. The interviewer went through the usual questions but didn't seem to be interested in my answers. I heard back the next day that they were not going to continue with me.

I feel like both mine and the recruiters time were wasted.

Language Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I was briefly interviewed by a recruiter, interviewed for 40 minutes by 2 of my would-be supervisors over the phone, then had another 40 minute in-person interview with my would-be supervisor and his/her boss. I was treated warmly from beginning to end. When I arrived at the office (which wasn't the same office designated in the email from the recruiter but no big deal), the language specialists all got up and introduced themselves which was a nice surprise. There is a mandatory, 90-minute test in the application that must be completed to even be considered for the role. Despite the demanding application/interview process and not being selected for the role, I would absolutely apply to work at booking.com again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge at work   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booking.com in January 2018.

Interview

The first time, I had to do some tests online. Then I received an email informing that I had passed to the next step. It was scheduled a phone interview. The person was very kind and nice and asked me about my job experience. After that, I had a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you have a difficult situation in your previous job   Answer Question