Boscov's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

1.7

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boscov's (Binghamton, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and easy. They asked me simple questions and had a normal conversation with me about the job and the expectations with it. I was offered the position right then.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boscov's (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Being a disabled vet I applied for the Building Maintenance posting. We set up interview. I was interviewed, told what was expected. They schedule you for another day to fill out new hire paperwork giving you the false expectation of being hired. I had to do a background check and such. I received papers saying a check was done. Called the HR to be polite and see if I could answer any questions but was only given a leave a message option. So I did with no return call. Or even knowing if I was got the job or not. If this is how they treat disabled vets who are looking for a job I can only imagine what it would be like if I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boscov's (Wilmington, DE) in November 2016.

Interview

Enlightening informative and successful. The interview process consisted of three elements. Questionnaire and two separate interviewers. My skill set was inquired of and I answered questions honestly and effectively. Pay rate was much higher than anticipated in comparison to Macy's. This was a plus factor. Dress code was enforced strictly. Training and orientation was informative and paid. My co interviewers were competitive and resilient

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boscov's (Dover, DE).

Interview

Each Christmas season Boscovs does mass temporary hiring. They have a three step process, where your app is looked at for qualifications, you then speak to the Dept Manager, then next lastly you speak with the Assistant Store Manager. If hired you fill out the w-4 ect

Interview Questions

• What are my greatest strengths and my greatest weakness   1 Answer
    • Can you handle difficult people and how do you   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boscov's.

Interview

A lot of exciting challenges of growth was presented to me. The interviewer was direct supervisor who seemed stern and dedicated to her position. Their expectations were made clear. I understood what my position was going to entail.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? Why do I feel I am the best person for this job, etc.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boscov's (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

Typical hiring process and questions, just be friendly and answer with common sense. They mostly want someone who understands customer service no matter what. That is most important to them.

Interview Questions

• If a customer insists the price was different than it scannerd, what would you do?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boscov's in June 2016.

Interview

Filled out online application, yet it also said that you need to fill out an application in the store. The online application said they were hiring for ONLY full time. Went to the store and filled out a paper application; was told I would receive a call if they were interested. About two weeks later, I received a call to come in for an interview. Went in for the interview, had to fill out ANOTHER paper form. Was called in to HR; she looked over my info, asked me maybe one or two questions, said I was what she was looking for and was qualified for the job, but she was interviewing a few other people as well, so she would call me at the end of the week, in the morning, to let me know either way. My interview was at noon and she rushed me out of there so quickly, I got the impression that she just wanted to get to lunch. I waited expectantly on Friday morning; nothing. I do not appreciate my time being wasted, nor do I appreciate being made to believe that I will receive a phone call during a set time and you don't even bother to call. I also find it strange that they lie on their website about hiring full time. You get to the store and it's two full time positions available and everything else part time. But on the website, they claim they're only hiring full time. Bait and switch.

Anonymous Employee in Selinsgrove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boscov's (Selinsgrove, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was emailed and asked to come in for an interview the next day. When I went in she said the department managers were by working and I had to come back the following week. When I came back the following week she told me on the spot I was hired with no interview at all. She gave me a stack of paperwork to fill out and I started work later that day. It was weird.

Bridal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boscov's (Eatontown, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied to the job online, then received a response almost immediately (same day), scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. During the interview I sat down with the Human Resources Manager and Hardlines Manager, met the Store Manger and other employees, and received an offer post interview (same day).

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boscov's (Bensalem, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

The only questions I got asked about were my availability, if you get a call for an interview you most likely have the job. Waiting for training! Applied in person and got a call the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting pay is $9