Boston Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Capital Interview Questions

2.9

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Capital.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews with a written financial analysis test in between. First round was with HR and two team leaders. Second round was with two assistant department directors and department director.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite course in college? What was your least favorite? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Capital (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went into the office to meet with HR and the two hiring managers. HR asked basic questions about prior work experience and academics. Next I met with the two hiring managers (group). Both talked about the role and the requirements of the position. Emphasized the ability to read financial statements of properties and business writing. Asked standard questions.

Week later I took a timed assessment test. Emailed a pdf of financials and a word doc asking to analyze the information and create an excel spreadsheet of the analysis.

Following week I interviewed with the heads of the asset management department (1:1). They all asked the same questions, three times over. Basic interview questions. Emphasized the ability to read financial statements and business writing skills.

Interview Questions

• Why real estate?
      Why Boston Capital?
      What do you know about LIHTC?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Capital (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the boston capital website and shortly after received an email toset up an interview. I also had a couple phone interviews prior to meeting but shortly after met in person for the one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What do you like to do for fun?
      Experience?
      1 Answer

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Capital.

Interview

Applied online. After brief phone call with the hiring manager I was asked to come interview in their offices. Met 5 people in total (2+2+1) including the hiring manager and then took an short excel test. The interviews were casual and informative.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Question: What can you tell me about you that is not on your resumé.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Capital.

Interview

Applied online. Was asked about salary requirements. Went in for an interview, met with total of 4 people 2-1-1. In 5 days got a call back for a second interview to meet the CFO. The next day received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried negotiating - didn't help.

Training Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Capital (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was long. First there was an initial phone interview. Then candidates were required to complete an analytical test of a real estate problem with some basic excel skills involved. Then a group interview with a couple of associates and a vice president. However after the interview there was a surprise accounting skills test that they didn't mention before. Since I am a finance major that hasn't taken an accounting course for the last 2 years I didn't do so well. I believe that this was the reason I didn't get the position. Even though 3 out of the 4 rotations were not involved with any accounting. I felt that they didn't adequately evaluate me.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you felt that you had to use leadership to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Acquisitions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Capital (Boston, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Met with several of the Acquisitions Managers in the department as well as the head of the Acquisitions department. Asked to come back and perform a case-study analysis using data, information, materials, and computer software programs analysis similar to part of my requirements for what I would actually have to do day-to-day on the job. After I completed the case-study analysis, received further requests via email for writing samples. Submitted those as well, and was actually asked back for additional interviews/case-study-type analysis testing for a position in the Portfolio Management Department as a Senior Analyst. This is the job I ended up accepting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Capital.

Interview

communication with HR., members of your team, senior management and director of AM

Interview Questions

• technical test following interview - includes analysis and written   1 Answer

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Capital in January 2010.

Interview

I had two one on one interviews and then a group interview with some of the asset managers. It was a standard interview ( tell me about yourself, why our company, etc.) All the people I met with were cordial, but I think I didn't have enough direct experience, thus I wasnt invited back for another round.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of lihtc program and explain your idea of why it's a strong market   Answer Question