Boston Private Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2016

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Private (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted a few weeks after submitting an online application. I scheduled a phone interview with the HR manager and was then invited to an in-person interview at their Boston office.
    I met with the HR manager and the hiring manager, and was told there would be another round if I was selected to move forward. The interview was relatively short and straightforward given the time constraints of the interviewers; however, both managers were reasonable and polite. I received an email a few days later informing me I would not be moving forward.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Private (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. got called back a week later. Met one on one with an analyst for about an hour asked standard interview questions. Eventually got a call back a day later asking if I would like to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• Just a few questions about why I applied, what do I bring to the team, do I know AML BSA laws   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Private (Encino, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

This was not professional at all. I applied for an office manager position thinking I was being given a fair opportunity. I didn't get the position not because I lacked experience or knowledge but because a person had already been selected prior to the posting of said position; thus, making it impossible for me or anyone to have an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why should we select you for this position, what do you bring to the table that you feel others cannot?   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Private in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online, submitted my resume, cover letter, and some letters of recommendation. I was contacted via email, arranged a phone interview with the recruiter, had another interview with a few offices that I was interested in, went to interview in person at the headquarters (interviewed by panel and also 4 separate one on one interviews), then went to each office that I was interested to interview with the supervisor there. A few days later, I was contacted again by the recruiter and offered the positions. This all happened from November to December 2014 and I will be starting in January 2015.

Interview Questions

• What will you miss the most about you last job? What do you know about this company? Why are you a good fit?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave my desired salary during my phone interview and since it was within their range, there was no issue.

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Private.

Interview

Hiring process takes some time. Boston Private Bank and Trust is very thorough, ensuring they choose someone who is "just the right fit." There are several interviews at different locations as well.

Interview Questions

• "We are rather unique, compared to other banks. What makes you the right fit for the company?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I knew ahead of time the salary, which was set at the maximum for anyone starting in this position.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Private in August 2014.

Interview

Submitted application online, this included a resume and cover letter. Recieved a phone call maybe 2 days later went through the interviewing process, a few days after I recieved a phone call offering me the position. Went over benefits and salary offer during said phone call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward went over the default things such as benefits and PTO then the salary offer, didn't wiggle too much so can't comment on what negotiation would be like.

Portfolio Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Private (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Standard. No unexpected questions, if you understand the role well. They wanted to know how well would I work with other people within the bank, because everyone works closely together at all times.

Interview Questions

• None. Interviewers where very polite and went out of their way to make me feel welcome.   Answer Question

Deposit Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Private (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR a week after posting for the job online. I was asked to come in to meet with HR and the hiring manager. I was then called back in for a second interview with 2 more people, both of which were above the hiring manager. Overall it was a very standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you had a conflict at work and explain how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.