Boston University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston University Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston University

2.5

QA Interview

Interview

Great experience, love my boss, great job too. Highly recommend. Dress formally and be yourself. It will work out because the hiring process is an opportunity to get to know the real you, not the embellished resume.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

Few Conditions in order to qualify for this position:

1. A top student in class- A grade
    2. Excel in skills
    3. Excel in projects and assignments
    4. A good relationship with classmates
    5. A good relationship with the professor
    6. Willingness to learn, grade and teach in class

Interview Questions

• Previous teaching experience if any?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

The Program Manager went over the job description, went over my experiences, and ended up talking in length about the research and day-to-day expectations. The experiences that were underlined were people skills, population engagement, foreign language abilities. I was asked lab skills and openness to working with invasive biospecimen collection methods, handling fluids, etc.
    The PM did not use behavioral interview questions.

Office Assistant Interview

Interview

1 stage interview with the manager a one to one interview. The manager asked me about my experience and why I wanna work with them. They asked me have I used mail-merge before and I haven't, but once I get hired, they trained me how to do mail-merge. Everyone is really friendly at the office and they're looking for someone who's willing to learn

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in administrative position?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Had an interview with two PIs that I indicated interest to work with. It was very relaxed and they also explained what they do in their labs, their working style and the type of student they are looking for to join their lab.

Lab Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

The interview process was good. They asked about my background and what I have done so far in my current position. And some other general questions. The team who interviewed me was very professional and they knew that what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Mainly on the instrument and type of research that I worked on.   Answer Question

Interview

Quick and to the point! Screening with HR then one in person interview. I met with multiple people in the department at once. I don't think it last more than an hour. The HR screening was pretty basic and mainly made sure I was okay with salary range.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in learning institution specific software.   Answer Question

Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Pleasant interview. We spoke at length about my work as a managing editor and about the department they represented. They described the changes they were undergoing in production and said they'd be in touch soon since the job would begin in two weeks.

Statistical Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Referred by Career Office. Got an email for a phone interview - a very simple, relaxed screening interview. Was told about the role and team, and environment and asked about my background/experience. Then was called for an onsite interview within 2 days. All happened within 1-2 weeks. There were no technical questions. Most questions were about my experience and the projects they are/will be working on.

Supervisor Interview

Interview

I met with the managers above me directly for an in person sit down interview, and the process took no more than a half hour. the managers were efficient but kind and i felt the importance of teamwork was crucial. time management could be a little better though.