Bottle Rocket Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bottle Rocket Interview Questions

Interviews at Bottle Rocket

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Interview

I found the position on a job search site, received a call from the recruiter whom I had a phone interview with. Afterwards, the recruiter called back to schedule an in-person interview with himself, the HR manager, and the CFO. They were very nice and casual. The dress was casual, my interviewers were in t-shirt and jeans.

Android Developer Interview

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Phone interview with a recruiter. Technical assessment project was sent. Technical assessment is usually a take home project. After that there was an onsite interview, Then an interview with a manager.

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Addison, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online, and maybe within the week got a call discussing the role and some questions about me and my experience. Was then given a code test to create a simple app. Given some guidelines there, but you're free to add to it and make it nice. After passing the test, I had video 2 video interviews (1 behavioral, 1 technical). Neither seemed hard, just be sure to answer the questions honestly and talk through your thought process during the technical interview. The people conducting the interviews were very friendly and helpful so I didn't feel very nervous about it. About a week or so later after that I received an offer which I accepted. Really excited to work with the company!

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Addison, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

First phase is a 72 hour online coding exercise. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve. Thirteen. Fourteen. Fifteen. Sixteen. Seventeen.

Interview Questions

• What can you produce to address the coding exercise?   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Addison, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

I would like to start off by saying some parts were a little rocky, but I've been on plenty of interviews and I've experienced worst first impressions. The interviewing process is quite generic, initial phone screening, coding challenge, and finally a technical and behavioral interview.

Initial phone screening was to determine if you were human.

The coding challenge was probably my favorite part. You're given a pretty straight forward app to build with a time frame of 48 hours (though there isn't really a hard limit to it, they understand everyone has a life). They give specifications and pictures as to how the application should be built, along with a PDF of Bottle Rocket's coding conventions. The code challenge tests your ability to implement core iOS functionalities without the use of CocoaPods. You are also encouraged to add your own "spice" to the application to where you see fit. The entire challenge however seems more to test how clean your code is and how you architecture it. Do not hesitate to ask questions.

After they review your code challenge, you will get scheduled for a 30 minute technical and a 30 minute behavioral interview. The technical interview was very easy going, they test basic knowledge to insure you are somewhat competent. Be sure to ASK QUESTIONS, they are absolutely willing to help, and even if you leave without an offer you'll probably leave with something to takeaway to your next interview. As for the behavioral interview, though perhaps won't be difficult for you, may be the make it or break it part of the entire process. Bottle Rocket seems to have a huge emphasis on culture fit, and if you don't fit it, they probably won't take you in no matter how much of a genius you are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave offer. They gave counter offer. Accepted.

Interview

The interview was very casual. It's your basic get to know who you are that isn't on your resume. Some questions about computer experience and quality assurance experience. The interview lasted 20 minutes with an additional 30 just having conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Addison, TX).

Interview

It started filling out an application online. HR did a quick phone interview and decided to move forward with a coding test. You get 48hrs to submit your code. It's not difficult if you've had any professional experience or have been studying for some time. I think they were more interested to see how your approach to the challenge rather than actually seeing you could simply complete it.

After the code submission, HR again contacted to move forward with an in-person interview. This was a 3 part interview. First 30 minutes surrounded Java. You do a live coding challenge. I thought it was very easy in concept. Was nervous it would entail a lot more on DS/A. The next 30 minutes sees fresh faces probing about android specific questions. No code, just knowledge is required here. The last 30 minutes was a one on one with the head of Android department. I think this is where I tanked.

I was nervous through the whole interview but was still confident going into the last leg. It felt like we just couldn't connect and they're really big on "culture fit" from what I've heard. Whatever he was looking for, I just wasn't it so am moving on as this is likely better for myself and the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java, Basic Android framework, generic "culture fit" questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Addison, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process started off a little un-organized, but things were quickly sorted out. It was a really relaxed interview and they made you feel comfortable since I sat down with them.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you like about your current job that you would want translated over to this one? What is one thing you didn't like that you wouldn't want to be translated?   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket in February 2019.

Interview

I applied for the job from Dice.com and received a call from HR after a month. It was a general discussion about my experience. I was provided with a coding assessment to finish a sample app within 48 hours. I finished the app and also did the bonus part that was mentioned in the coding assessment. It has been a month since I submitted the app and I haven't heard anything since inspite of multiple follow up calls and mails.

Interview Questions

• Coding assessment to build a sample app following coding rules   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Addison, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process starts with a take-home coding test covering some of the Android basics. Following that, an in-person interview is conducted to go over more technical skills, and to meet with the director to determine team fit. Very straight-forward with no curve balls. If you have the technical skills, this is a great place to interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the main difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question