Bottle Rocket Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bottle Rocket Interview Questions

Interviews at Bottle Rocket

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Addison, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process started off a little un-organized, but things were quickly sorted out. It was a really relaxed interview and they made you feel comfortable since I sat down with them.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you like about your current job that you would want translated over to this one? What is one thing you didn't like that you wouldn't want to be translated?   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Addison, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone call with the recruiter for the company. Followed by an in person with 2 creative heads, followed by another in person with 2 lead strategists. Then I had a final interview, which was a mock discovery session.
    The team is really nice, and extremely talented. You can tell they are VERY devoted to hiring the best of the best. The interviews are no walk in the park. And it shows. It seems like an amazing place to work. Perhaps the best in DFW. They should be as picky as they are to uphold the standards they've set. I would highly recommend trying to get an interview to this place.

PS- The recruiter, in particular, is a real all-star. Amazing to work with through the entire process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Addison, TX).

Interview

After my application, I got a phone call and was asked about my interests and a rough overview of my skill set, and I was then was assigned an iOS project test in objective-C. They were really good at answering every questions that I have.
    I went to the studio for a behavioral and technical interview. I really enjoyed the process and I learned a bunch of things about iOS and the company in general.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I was asked a bunch of questions about my past history. I have manage accounts with Google and Facebook to name a few. Less than 24 hours, I was told they went with another "Rocketeer". The ad is still posted. I would not trust the recruiter. They sugarcoat things. I also know the CEOs of most of their customers due to my background. My last salary was over $110,000 and they pay $80k. They are extremely focused on the wrong thing. I think they need a better recruiter. He also misspelled words in his e-mail response.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Bottle Rocket? What salary are you expected? What brands have you managed?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I have met several high level management there which all seem to be very nice. The issue is, I have been contacted twice in the last couple of years and they seem very interested and communicate that I would be a good fit and then simply never hear back. I tend to lean on the professional side and followup with no communication back. No replies to email and no phone calls returned. They simply get ghosted.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Standard phone screen with the recruiter, he asked some basic technical questions. Next was on on-site, face to face interview. That amounted to 'talking shop' and then a coding exercise. I had 15 minutes to solve a basic problem (open book), which I did. Follow up interview a few days later with engineering management. That consisted of talking shop again, some design questions and similar type questions. No waste of my time brain teasers or other interviewing nonsense.

Interview Questions

• I knew all of the material and did not find the interview difficult. Coding challenge was fun. It was mostly a technical conversation to verify competence and then a discussion on the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Made offer, gave counteroffer and both parties accepted.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Addison, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial Screen via Application
    Secondary Screen via Questionnaire
    Initial Interview via Phone

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Addison, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I completed two phone screen interviews, followed by 4 in-person interviews on-site over the course of about 4 weeks. All of the in-person interviews were group or panel interviews with people from varying disciplines and levels within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were around my experience and some "how would you handle x?" scenarios. They are big on culture fit, so a lot of the process was intended to determine whether you are a good fit there.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bottle Rocket (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1. Telephonic with the recruiter
    2. Sent a questionaire related to QA and general behavioral questions
    2. Telephonic with team and hiring manager
    3. Onsite- group interview - panel consisted of hiring manager, developers, QAs
    Liked the attitude of the interviewers. Did not feel that the interview was meant to reject me, but to guide me so that I could do relevant prep.
    They have more or less tested the technical aptitude in the questionaire. Onsite is more about testing the attitude of the candidate, if they feel new person can gel in their environment and has willingness to learn/adapt/accept challenges.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you can excel in the role even when you don't have relevant experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

They give you a range of salary even before proceeding with the interview. So if one is not comfortable with that range, they would not proceed. Hence, negotiation is not really much.

Interview

The interview was very casual. It's your basic get to know who you are that isn't on your resume. Some questions about computer experience and quality assurance experience. The interview lasted 20 minutes with an additional 30 just having conversation.