Branch Software Engineer (Data Platform) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Branch Software Engineer (Data Platform) Interview Questions

Software Engineer (Data Platform) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Branch (Redwood City, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

It starts from recruiter initial calls, followed by hiring manager coding screen and a coding assignment which required writing a spark job. I told hiring manager that I did not have prior big data tech stack experience but would like to learn. After all, they brought me on site. On the onsite, I got challenged on big data tech stack in many of the sessions. I think this is a waste of my time since if they decided big data stack is so important for the stack why bring me in? They scheduled a 5 hours interview which starts from 11:00am and they offered no lunch, the coordinator only offer if I want a cookie in between session.

Interview Questions

• system design questions. coding questions. behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Branch Response

Jul 15, 2019 – Head of People

Hi! Thanks for your feedback as we always appreciate it. We do invest a lot of time (as do you!) in the phone screen stages including technical interviews prior to an onsite. I went back and we actually didn't have any onsites for the Big Data Platform team that happened in April -- if you'd be willing to email me and share more specifics I'd like to dig into what happened (dcarhart@branch.io). Also, we now offer lunch to anyone doing an onsite starting noon or earlier (we used to do this if someone was starting at 11 but as you point out, starting at 1130 and then doing a large block of interviews can be a lot and so we've made that change). Thanks again for the feedback.