BrightTALK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BrightTALK Interview Questions

2.9

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BrightTALK in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a response within a few days. We scheduled a phone interview with HR to discuss my career history and experience. The representative was very pleasant to work speak to and I felt we hit it off pretty great. Except for one question that made me ill to my stomach.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problem working with people who have careers far shorter than yours?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK in January 2016.

Interview

I found the job posting on Linkedin. A few days later their sales director emailed me to set up a phone interview. The conversation was about twenty minutes. We went over my background and he gave me an overview if what the position entails. Then he sent me an exercise to do which was to send him a recording of a voicemail to land a meeting with a prospective client.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It began with a 30 minute interview with the Director of Sales Development. This was followed by an exercise where I had to formulate a prospecting voicemail and email. I then went into their office for an in-person. I met a couple members of the sales team and ended with speaking with the Director again. I was brought in for one last interview with the VP of Sales. All the questions were standard sales and behavioral questions for an SDR role.

Community Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This was a process that was about interviewing. It involved phone screens and other things. It went well. I was phone screened and then came into the office. From there, I interviewed with four people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the recruiter who immediately set up an in-person interview 3 days later. At that interview I met with the head of sales development, the head of HR, and the VP sales. I had a great experience with all of them, and was brought in for another round of interviews the following week. During those interviews, I did some mock sales calls with the head of sales development, spoke again to the VP sales, and then had an interview with the CMO. I loved talking to all of them. They then set up a phone interview with someone who was starting the next day as they felt it beneficial for me to talk to him, and after a few more back and forth questions, I was offered the position. Unfortunately due to some personal circumstances I had to decline the offer, but I had a great experience with BrightTALK.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, nothing was out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BrightTALK (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to set up a phone interview. During my conversation with the recruiter, it was clear that the position wasn't a good fit for me, but she discussed another freelance role that I was potentially interested in. She invited me to meet some staff in person the following week and asked me to send her my availability. I did, she said she would be back in touch in a few days. The following week I received a template e-mail stating that BrightTALK was looking at other candidates. I really did not appreciate the deceit.

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Long, long and long. All told I spent a total of 24 actual hours skyping, in person meeting, and teleconferencing with various members of the team. It wasn't necessarily hard, just very drawn out. In the end I realized that every person that I met with seemed to have a different opinion or goal for the role.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very energetic and fun experience. The office is open and bright with a nice kitchen and lots of meeting rooms. Everyone wanted to get to know me and find out what makes me tick. Met with a lot of different departments - they operate as a whole and very communicative within. Very knowledgable and experienced staff - passionate about product!!

Interview Questions

• How past job will help you be successful at BrightTALK   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for this role

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BrightTALK.

Interview

Smooth and professional process from scheduling to transparency. I met 6 people in two separate sessions and had a few follow up chats. The HR manager and hiring manager were in constant contact with me and set and met expectations about when I'd hear from them.

My interviewers left time for me to ask questions and spent a good deal of time explaining the opportunity and need they had as well as their business and value proposition, which was extremely helpful in making a decision.

Interview Questions

• How would I plan and execute a large professional event.   1 Answer

Marketing Operation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK.

Interview

Had the first round of interview with a HR manager at BrightTALK in Octorber 2014. The HR manager was 20 minutes late for the scheduled phone interview (compared with what happened next this wasn't that bad). She came pretty unprepared, as it took her quite a while to throw the first question out. When she asked common phone screen questions, such as why you want to leave your current company, what your daily responsibilities are, and what you have achieved in the current role etc., I could hear her yawning on the other side of the phone (brilliant!). And then she asked me the question of salary expectation. Based on my experience and advice from coaches, i tried not to answer the question but to redirector the focus to something more important at the beginning of the interview process. However, she literally said she would not pass my resume to the hiring manager if i couldn't give her a number. And she further explained that they never hired this role before so no qualifications mattered that much but the salary range. I really appreciated her honesty, so i gave her an exaggerated number and let the conversation die in silence. Great company, huh?

Interview Questions

• answering questions while the interviewer was yawning was very difficult to deal with; knowing that i had to reveal my salary expectation in the very first interview with the company otherwise i wouldn't be passed to the hiring manager didn't make me feel better at the end.   Answer Question