BrightTALK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BrightTALK Interview Questions

Interviews at BrightTALK

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BrightTALK.

Interview

Smooth and professional process from scheduling to transparency. I met 6 people in two separate sessions and had a few follow up chats. The HR manager and hiring manager were in constant contact with me and set and met expectations about when I'd hear from them.

My interviewers left time for me to ask questions and spent a good deal of time explaining the opportunity and need they had as well as their business and value proposition, which was extremely helpful in making a decision.

Interview Questions

• How would I plan and execute a large professional event.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK in January 2016.

Interview

I found the job posting on Linkedin. A few days later their sales director emailed me to set up a phone interview. The conversation was about twenty minutes. We went over my background and he gave me an overview if what the position entails. Then he sent me an exercise to do which was to send him a recording of a voicemail to land a meeting with a prospective client.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It began with a 30 minute interview with the Director of Sales Development. This was followed by an exercise where I had to formulate a prospecting voicemail and email. I then went into their office for an in-person. I met a couple members of the sales team and ended with speaking with the Director again. I was brought in for one last interview with the VP of Sales. All the questions were standard sales and behavioral questions for an SDR role.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very energetic and fun experience. The office is open and bright with a nice kitchen and lots of meeting rooms. Everyone wanted to get to know me and find out what makes me tick. Met with a lot of different departments - they operate as a whole and very communicative within. Very knowledgable and experienced staff - passionate about product!!

Interview Questions

• How past job will help you be successful at BrightTALK   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for this role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the recruiter who immediately set up an in-person interview 3 days later. At that interview I met with the head of sales development, the head of HR, and the VP sales. I had a great experience with all of them, and was brought in for another round of interviews the following week. During those interviews, I did some mock sales calls with the head of sales development, spoke again to the VP sales, and then had an interview with the CMO. I loved talking to all of them. They then set up a phone interview with someone who was starting the next day as they felt it beneficial for me to talk to him, and after a few more back and forth questions, I was offered the position. Unfortunately due to some personal circumstances I had to decline the offer, but I had a great experience with BrightTALK.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, nothing was out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is very thorough. If you're interviewing for a sales position expect to meet with more than half of the team (usually 4-6 different team members are a part of the process) and get an excellent feel for the types of people who work here. The interviews usually happen within a few days of each other, with half of them happening in the first round, the second half happening in the second round. After that, the offer is usually made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no nego

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

1. Phone interview
    2. 1:1 interview with CMO, Sr. Marketing Manager, and Sales Executive.
    3. 2nd phone interview with an alternate Sales Executive
    4. 2nd 1:1 interview with CEO and Accounts Director

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Sales?   Answer Question
    • (From your resume) Describe why you did what you did.
      ex. Why did you go to this school?   Answer Question

Event Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BrightTALK.

Interview

Found the position posted on LinkedIn, and after researching the company, sent in my resume. I was contacted within 24 hours to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very positive, and but not overly lengthy or hard. It was definitely more of a first step than any hard questions.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't a hard question or anything unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BrightTALK in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was awkward and dysfunctional. I was applying to a role in SF when I was living on the east cost. I had my first round interview beginning of November. I thought it went very well but didn't hear back for three weeks. I attempted to follow up with no such luck. I received an email 3 weeks after my initial screening call when the person I originally spoke with reached out to tell me that they wanted to move me forward but weren't going to offer me a moving stipend. I said that wouldn't be an issue, I was incredibly excited about the role and I want to move forward. That was over a week ago and I still haven't heard anything back. It's been a MONTH and I have only had my first round screening call. Incredibly dysfunctional and unorganized process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior experience and how it relates to the CSM role at BrightTALK?   Answer Question

Video Producer Interview

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward and everyone was very nice but I do not feel that it was handled very well. They did not have a recruiter so some of the information was hard to come by. I had a couple of phone interviews and then on-site interviews. The on-site interviews went poorly. Two of the interviewers were not prepared and one was in a rush to get back to whatever he was doing.