BrightTALK Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2021

4.0
BrightTALK CEO & Co-Founder Paul Heald (no image)
Paul Heald
Pros
  • "BrightTALK is a great place to work for people who are ambitious and driven(in 6 reviews)

• "Smart and diverse coworkers create a stimulating work environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "During the last six months BrightTALK have done a great job regarding global alignment(in 3 reviews)

• "EXTREMELY HIGH turnover, most everyone I started working with at BrightTALK has moved on to another company or is trying to leave(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. COVID-19

"Well positioned in current climate"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BrightTALK has excelled in the circumstances of the current climate with COVID not only from a people perspective, but a business one as well. Culture: - The company was already primed for WFH with many remote tools - Several new activities have been put in place to encourage peer connections - While the company was a bit slow to announce WFH, they have done a great job of setting expectations and making sure people feel comfortable before opening the offices back up fully Business: - BrightTALK is a need-to-have solution for high-growth startups and enterprise organizations and has become more vital than ever with physical events and trade shows cancelling - Over the last year, several new enhancements, tools, and products have been implemented in order to drive go-to market and create stickier clients Very fortunate to work for a place that deeply cares about its people!

Cons

- I mentioned this, but the company was a tad slow to announce permanent WFH and lagged behind other tech companies - Communication around leavers in the organization can be inconsistent. For example, someone might not know that someone left the company until even weeks later

Continue reading
  2. "Great sales training"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sales training, career development, people, and the product is a great fit for the digital shift that we are experiencing

Cons

OTE could be higher but a very high percentage of reps hit quota so you actually have a strong chance of reaching and exceeding your OTE unlike some other companies. Also, if you're in sales you're pretty much always expected to be in the office which can make it tougher for work/life balance

"Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Loyal to their employees - Great office culture - Opportunities to advance - True solution based selling

Cons

- Can be "reactive" vs. "proactive" when it comes to change

Continue reading

"Great Company - Learn how to become a real solution based seller"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than a year

Pros

BrightTALK is a company where you truly learn what it means to be a solution based seller. Early on in my career at BrightTALK, I had your typical sales struggles and learning the product suite does take a little time. BrightTALK never wavered in their belief in me and is a key reason I am successful now. I've been at other sales organizations, but I have never felt so empowered and motivated to succeed than I am at BrightTALK. If you take ownership of your day to day, you will be successful at BrightTALK. Plus, the office culture in Denver is second to none!

Cons

Not really much to put down as cons. As a sales professional, you deal with the same "stresses" you would anywhere else. Sales isn't for everyone, but if you work hard, are willing to learn and grow, this is the place for you!

Continue reading
  5. "The culture makes it here"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice, helpful, and collaborative. No one is ever too busy to help you or ask questions. The feedback given is always very constructive so you know your path to improvement. They are very open to improve and take your input seriously and make adjustments very quickly. Great culture, people, and product!

Cons

None, I would say anything you surface with management gets heard and addressed.

6. "Great place to work & collaborate with all parts of the business"

Current Employee - Sales Executive, Growth in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at several large companies before coming to BrightTALK, and I have to say, this place really brings the collaboration to life. Everyone on the sales team is helpful when it comes to advice, working on deals together, or just being a listening ear, both peers and management. Across different parts of the business, everyone is willing to get involved with client questions or closing business including the finance, communities team, events team, customer success, and even the product team. All teams are willing to extend a hand when you ask. Lots of good snacks in the office too, on occasion we overbook ourselves, and it is nice to know that there are always ingredients to make a sandwich or bagel sandwich if needed, or just snack until you have time to grab food. Several offices located in NY, Denver, SF, & London.

Cons

There are no puppies allowed in the office, also difficult to work with co-workers in the UK (this could be a timezone thing).

7. "Great environment to learn and be challenged"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are very supportive and collaborative. There is constant opportunity to learn and grow in your role if you initiate that interest. The Denver office is a smaller group than the SF headquarters but very collaborative and great working environment. The general feeling is that the company wants each individual to succeed and they have a process in place to help you do so. You will be surrounded by people who take initiative. The product is strong and well received by the client base. The company is alway thinking about what is next in terms of product development.

Cons

If you are someone who needs a lot of guidance and do not like a challenge to figure things out and become independent in your role, you may not feel this is the perfect fit.

Continue reading
  8. "A great place to be successful"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in New York, NY

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

BrightTALK is a great place to work for people who are ambitious and driven. You don't have to wait for the job above yours to open up to move forward, new roles get created so that successful people can be promoted into new responsibilities. The company is very committed to having a positive culture and workplace and it's reflected in the people you work with every day.

Cons

People who want to coast in their jobs should look elsewhere.

"Best place to learn and manage your own business"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at BrightTALK full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for the company for close to 7 months now and have learned a lot about how B2B sales and companies operate. The greatest things about BrightTALK is that they help you not only learn but enhance the skills that you have acquired in another layer of depth. As well, you get what you out of the role from what you put in. It has taught me about time management and drive to continue to find my own success. The office culture helps greatly with this and the people are a joy to be around.

Cons

The only cons that I would have about the job would be the normal ones of waking up early to work. But the culture in the office wakes me up right away after coming in.

"Weird vibes..."

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BrightTALK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Centrally located in FiDi Decent food options around (no free lunches here) Nice office equipment Few nice folks To be honest, I’m reaching for pros

Cons

This place has a weird vibe. I wasn’t expecting a dynamic, fun office... but this is just dreadful. No on cleans after themselves because nightly housekeeping comes in and as a result, there are flies that congregate around the sink. People here seem tired and spaced out half the time. In sales, prepare to be here for 12 hours with some of the lowest pay in the industry. Prepare to be embarrassingly reprimanded in front of your peers if your question is deemed elementary. Head numbing and soul crushing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 English Reviews