Broadway Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadway Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview

Interview

They took over 1.5 month to give me the final decision. They hired me then 1 hour later said the job was no longer available... akin to FRAUD. Lost out on other opportunities waiting for them. One of the WORST professional experiences of my life.

Senior Software Engagement Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadway Technology (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I reached out to the organization after discovering open roles on AngelList on LinkedIn. A recruiter got in touch with me for an initial phone screen. I then had another phone screen with an Engagement Lead.

Two or three weeks then passed without any communication. I reached out myself, and was then invited on-site for an interview. I had 4 one-hour-long interviews, three of which were by Engagement Leads looking into my background and relevance to the role. One of them was a code review using collabedit.

Again, I didn't hear from the recruiters for a week, and reached out to be informed that an offer would not be extended to me.

The recruiter was very helpful and friendly through the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Describe your previous experience as an engagement lead.

Q2. Go through this C++ code on pricing match, and explain what it is doing.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Broadway Technology (New York, NY).

Interview

I wasn't able to go through the interview process. A recruiter contacted me and wanted to interview immediately. I wasn't able to make this timeline so we agreed to reschedule for a few weeks later. I contacted the recruiter at the set time and was told to wait a few more weeks for internal matters to be sorted out. I again contacted the recruiter at the set time and was ignored for a few more weeks before receiving a notification that the position had been filled.

Overall, the lack of communication seemed unprofessional. Additionally, when I would contact the recruiter, I would emphasize my desire to interview before the position was filled and reassured that I'd have a fair shot at the job. This turned out to be false as it turned out that other candidates had been interviewing the whole time I was waiting and those candidates accepted the position.

I wouldn't consider applying again.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadway Technology (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received an interview offer by an email about a week after submitting my resume through their website. I was a bit surprised as there was no phone interview or some kind of coding challenge. There was no behavioral questions as I originally anticipated, it was strictly technical and the interviewer also asked a question related to tech projects that I've done in school. Perhaps it was because I told them I was a relative beginner and didn't have too much experience in computer science, the questions they asked me were relatively easy. Though it still took me a while to figure it out. The interviewer that I had was extremely patient. It was overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked how to write a a method that would verify whether a word is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Broadway Technology (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied using my university website. I was called on-site for my first interview and was asked about a problem based on queues and directed graphs. And that was followed by general resume questions.

Interview Questions

• Directed graph structure and its implementation in any language   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Broadway Technology (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through a phone interview, and then an onsite interview. The phone interview is pretty standard if you have done interviews at other tech companies, consisting of one big coding question and a few resume questions. The on-site interview consists of 4 interviews, some of which could be relatively intense. They are not all just standard coding interviews, however, but it probably depends on your interviewer. Everything could be done if you methodically revise through Cracking the Coding Interview.

The recruiters are really accommodating.

Client Services Engineer Interview

Interview

There was not too much behavioral questions at the first interview. I was asked to explain one of my projects. It was more about case studies and simple programming questions.

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadway Technology (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was fairly rigorous. I had 2 phone screens with recruiting, followed by a Skype screen and then a preliminary coding test. This lead to a more formal phone screen with a developer and then an in person interview which was a series of 1-on-1 discussions/Basic coding questions with employees from Development and IT. Finally there was a more in depth coding challenge.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadway Technology in October 2015.

Interview

Started with conversations with recruiters who described the role, the company, and the interview process, and then was assigned a timed coding test, which was difficult but fair. After completing that, I scheduled a 1:1 phone screen which involved a shared-screen coding exercise. The last step was an onsite interview with four 45m-1hr long interviews which involved plenty of writing code on paper. Each interviewer gave me the opportunity at the end to ask questions.

After each step, recruiters were very prompt in letting me know my status, usually within a couple of days. I was never left waiting for long periods of time. Overall the process was very professional and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Similar to algorithms and data structure questions from Cracking the Coding Interview.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadway Technology (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Initial HR phone screening, followed by an online coding test with inane questions (sort this linked list), followed by a tech interview with even more questions (is this word a palindrome?). They didn't care at all what my actual skills are, and instead gave me "problem" after problem of things any real engineer would simply Google for or look up in the docs.

Do I know how to sort a list? YES. Have I ever needed to re-write the standard C library? NO, not ever.

Interview Questions

• How many letters are required to make this word a palindrome?   2 Answers
    • Sort this linked list.   1 Answer
    • Find the next number in the following sequence...   2 Answers