Bronson Methodist Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.8

Acute Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bronson Methodist Hospital (Kalamazoo, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

First received a phone call from a woman offering me a time to set up a phone interview. Set a date, was called back. Answered generic interview questions such as "tell me about a time to you had to think critically." Then was invited to the next phase, which was a group interview. Met up for a group interview, went to different tables with unit coordinators, and was asked different interview questions

Interview Questions

• If you found out a co-worker was supposed to help get you oriented and you were supposed to follow them around for the next couple days was talking bad about you - how would you handle it? Confront them or not?   1 Answer
    • What do you think is an important part of being a worker in acute care?   1 Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bronson Methodist Hospital (Kalamazoo, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

I was being interviewed for 2 jobs at the same time over the phone. The questions were long and very specific. There were also the basics, tell me a weakness/ strength.

Interview Questions

• Something like- describe a time when you were working/ dealing with someone different for you? How did you handle it? What could you have done differently? Or what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bronson Methodist Hospital.

Interview

Applied online for a BBC RN position. Manager called me directly for an interview. I went to the interview (for l&d) and since that manager decided not to pursue me as a candidate, the kalamazoo location said the same. That's pretty annoying. It's hard to do the phone interviews because their screeners are so monotone and boring. I love meeting people in person. Hire more upbeat recruiters!

Interview Questions

• explain to me a time when you had to deal with a challenging patient; what happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bronson Methodist Hospital (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Within a day or two I received an email inviting me to a test drive that was in two weeks. I responded I could make the date/time. When I arrived at the test drive, there were 5 other applicants with me. We watched a power point presentation and discussed Bronson and also the job. There were 4 managers in the back, two at each table. One by one we were interviewed by each table of managers. I was the last one to be interviewed and was there around 1 1/2 hours. After the interview you could leave.

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bronson Methodist Hospital (Kalamazoo, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a email to sign-up for a test-drive interview. Interviewed with a number of nurse managers at once; competition is in the room interviewing as well. A lot like speed dating. Behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bronson Methodist Hospital (Kalamazoo, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

There is a phone screening, then a "test drive" which is a lot like I imagine speed dating to be like. The test drive was in a giant room with multiple candidates and managers. Generally you sit next to your competition.From there, you interview with the team on a specific unit.

Interview Questions

• Name your two strengths and two weaknesses.

Which song describes your life and why?

Tell me about a time you received constructive feedback and what you did with it.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bronson Methodist Hospital (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviews themselves can last 20-60 minutes and can be one on one with manager, or group style with peers. Occasionally they give two interviews. A lot of emphasis on team work and positive attitudes. They want specific examples when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in three words   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work as a team   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult patient, how did you handle it? Would you change anything?   Answer Question

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bronson Methodist Hospital in September 2015.

Interview

The lady who contacted me for the phone interview was very sweet and kind hearted. The phone interview lasted about 15m. She explained the job description and the expectation of the employer in full detail. It was amazing not a lot of employers take that time out to answer questions you have

Practice Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bronson Methodist Hospital (Portage, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called about a week after applying. They scheduled a time to do a interview screening. Once that was done, they called me asking if I would be interested in other positions that are similar to the one I applied for. A few days later I heard from the management of the practice I ended up working for. Scheduled an interview for around a week from when they called. I heard back from them within the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bronson Methodist Hospital (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

Applications have to be submitted online. Links are available through the main webpage. The HR area also has computers and staff available to help with submission. HR reviews the application and will initiate a phone interview. It takes 10-30 minutes and is mostly generic questions. If this goes well, in a few days/weeks a face to face interview is scheduled. This will be conducted with a peer group that usually includes the manager and some of the staff that work closely with the new position. Questions are selected from a list provided by HR. The questions are the same for all candidates. Usually there are not many technical questions, but it depends on the position.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to have a list of questions to ask the interviewers. They love that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation for my position. I took what was offered.