Brooks Automation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brooks Automation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.5

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brooks Automation.

Interview

I applied online in February for the internship through their online application. I received a call asking to set up a site visit/in person interview around March. I arrived and was greeted by the secretary. I was interviewed by four people, 30 minute blocks each and the interview was more conversational than an actual interview. Very professional and nice people. Good experience. I heard back within 2 weeks of the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brooks Automation.

Interview

I was interviewed by three software engineers. There was questions about resume and a couple of technical questions. I was shown around the building and in the labs after the interview.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brooks Automation (Chelmsford, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Couldn't make it into the interview due to school and they were very understanding even though I only let them know a couple hours prior. Ended up interviewing over Skype and I was late to it and they did not hold it against me. Super informal with not too many technical questions and more casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• for GPA and if I had any work experience not listed on my resume   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brooks Automation (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process, with over 7 people that was over 2days and a final phone interview. All interviews were from high level engineers (note; very nice engineers), to middle management, to VP of Engineering

Interview Questions

• Many questions regarding my past technical work experiences, additional questions for my people skills-hands on skills. Couple of interviewers asked detailed questions for why I had moved from company-to-company. I had answered with exact history and answered very well.   1 Answer

Technical Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brooks Automation (Chelmsford, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the HR Manager and four other Engineers/Engineering Managers. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. The interview style varied between interviewers from trying to solve a technical problem to answering creative thinking questions. Each interview block lasted half an hour, which was not long enough for some interviewers and too long for others. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very often which department I would most be interested in working in (electrical, software, hardware, etc).   Answer Question

Controls Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brooks Automation (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Process was quite smooth and the interviewer was extremely flexible with timing. The questions asked were fair and they certainly rewarded you for occasionally admitting you didn't know an answer. Had two phone interviews before a in person interview. After the in person interview I received an offer via phone.

Interview Questions

• Do you know object oriented matlab?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brooks Automation (Fremont, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring team is very effective and friendly. Only two round of interviews.The first one was with the HR recruiter and the second one was with the hiring manager. Both interviews took about one hour of time.

Interview Questions

• very casual conversation about my background and previous experience   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

on site interview, twice, one with co-workers and one with management. More interested in industrial specific questions. more interested in topics the company has service and product in.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave for your current job, what makes you deciding to leave and be interested in Brooks   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brooks Automation (Poway, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Spoke with five people. It felt like a conversation rather than an interview. I spoke with five people in one at a time, which kept a casual atmosphere. The company has a lot of different groups, and it depends on the department on how the intervews procede.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to mention. Just be yourself and try to engage and ask questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The internship was through a contracter and paid hourly. The rate was fixed at $20 an hour with time and a half after working 8 hours.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Brooks Automation (Longmont, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

Referred by an employee. Interviewed by the management team in Longmont, CO (Granville-Phillips Division). Invited for a second round of interviews with the senior management in Chelmsford, MA. Offered a position as part of the management/leadership team in Longmont, CO. Offer was subsequently withdrawn. 3 months later the offer was re-extended (with 20/20 hindsight, this should have been a clue to what I would face).

Interview Questions

• Brooks has no internal expertise in strategic marketing; as a result my interview questions were not well designed to determine strategic marketing skills and experience. As I learned later, my "competitors" for the position all came from a sales background. In a tech company of this size and age, there is really no excuse for not understanding the difference between sales and marketing...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brooks made a low-ball offer with the promise of large bonus potential (which never materialized). Advice to potential employees: negotiate hard for more base, as you'll likely never see a bonus.