Cover image for Brooks Automation

Brooks Automation CEO David Jarzynka
David Jarzynka

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Brooks Automation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great company great people lots of great innovation

Jan 24, 2023 - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Wonderful teammates who make you feel welcome. - A Sr leadership team who care about employees and customers -Transformational work as the company grows - Development opportunities - Investment being made in the business

Cons

Company is going through a transformation in many areas, lots of change happening, all for the good but it can be overwhelming and hard work but you can see the impacts of what you do and it is appreciated.

Continue reading

Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for this feedback - it helps make Brooks a better place to work as we are continually trying to improve our employee experience.

2. 5.0

Great company!

Feb 15, 2023 - Business Intelligence Intern in Chelmsford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience, with lots of helpful teammates.

Cons

There is nothing bad I would say.

Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We care a lot about our employee opinions and are delighted to hear we are meeting your expectations!

3. Join the Brooks Automation team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Good place to wrok

Mar 24, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting technology and good people. Sometimes things get busy, but better to have more opportunities rather than less.

Cons

Things can get busy. Sometimes the company is not the most agile fast moving organization.

5. 4.0

Fast paced but fulfilling

Mar 23, 2023 - Senior Mechanical Engineering Manager in Chelmsford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very fast paced work environment. Everyday is different and there is plenty of room to grow.

Cons

Lots of changes as the company grows and expands.

6. 4.0

Good Product line and Decent Culture

Jan 17, 2023 - Manufacturing Engineer in Chelmsford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Management 2. Flexible work hours. 3. Decent Pay structure 4. Team work 5. Friendly environment and many more.....

Cons

Been here for 6 Months and None so far.

Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We love your positive outlook! Thanks for sharing your experience and we hope you continued to feel supported and valuable to our organization!

7. 4.0

Friendly and Flexible

Dec 6, 2022 - Mechanical Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very constructive and friendly atmosphere. The engineers are willing to answer any and all questions, and when problems arise everyone works together to find solutions rather than pointing fingers. David Jarzynka, the CEO, works hard to make himself available as a resource to every employee.

Cons

You really have to build your own social events as the engineering department isn't very social as a whole.

8. 4.0

Work Environment

Oct 26, 2022 - Manufacturing Test Technician in Chelmsford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful team all around. Constantly busy in all areas.

Cons

Organizational change may happen abruptly without notice and compensation.

9. 5.0

This company is awesome

Oct 11, 2022 - Senior Financial Analyst in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good 4.5% 401K Match Great tuition program Flexible Schedule Free lunch food in headquarter Good health benefits

Cons

Haven't found one yet but maybe more 401k investment options

Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing feedback that assists in continually improving our employee experience.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Decent

Oct 17, 2022 - Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours, good location from highway, decent benefits

Cons

Competing priorities, old facilities, far from restaurants

Director, Global Talent Acquisition

We will use this feedback to reflect and improve upon your and others employee experiences.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Brooks is a people-oriented and exciting place to be

Jun 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

From our CEO down, Brooks is focused on people, pride in our work, and process improvement. It's a complex, growing business for sure...but I've stayed many years because of the opportunity and rewards for making a difference.

Cons

With our new private equity ownership and tremendous investment in growth, it feels like a start-up. Structure and infrastructure are lacking and we need to scale fast.

Continue reading

Viewing 1 - 10 of 221 Reviews
</>Embed

Brooks Automation Reviews FAQs

Brooks Automation has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 262 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Brooks Automation to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Brooks Automation employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Brooks Automation. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

81% of Brooks Automation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Brooks Automation 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Brooks Automation to be work life balance, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Brooks Automation Job Seekers